Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Pikes Peak video with HARD track footage..

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 06:45 AM
kroams

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pikes Peak video with HARD track footage..

Under the special section of jp.z.com website they have several videos of a LHD Pikes Peak White 350Z being driven hard at a track with japanese commentary. I wish I understood the language! Great footage, check it out! Nice engine sounds! This is care of FiremanZ on 350zforum.com

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Last edited by kroams; 06-24-2002 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-24-2002, 07:06 AM
dvlad

it says it can't play specified file????
Old 06-24-2002, 07:17 AM
Todd

Very cool, but is the video real jerky for everyone else??
Old 06-24-2002, 07:18 AM
kroams

The first time I watched it I noticed that it was not jerky at all yet now it is very jerky. I tried downloading it and it seems to be jerky even when run from my HD. Very odd..
Old 06-24-2002, 07:18 AM
Shalashaska

I did a translation of what the driver said about it from the jp.z page in altavista bablefish and here's what I got....

What you look at the real thing was the pleasure very, it is is. The image picture you see in the magazine and the like. Until now, it comes out with the ƒJƒ^ƒ` which is not it is is, don't you think? the ‚Á ‚Ä you had expected. Actually you were surprised practically. The leading edge of times, even modern times you will say well above imagining?
The around the front light/write and design of the rear lamp and the entire silhouette, and above thinking, compact size. Every one and this are new. The sport car ‚Á ‚Ä to tell the truth the new ƒJƒ^ƒ` ‚Á ‚Ä it was not left over, it is is, don't you think?. New model Z does even the stage that it is new, even the kind of air which it exceeds a little. As for such feeling very it is the important element, for the sport car, as for me you think.

Beforehand generally hearing, hurting, it does the specifications. In new package the V6 engine of 3.5 L. Inquiring about that, first you were surprised. With the real thing as before still, " 3.5 L being recorded truly, the ‚é?" ‚Á ‚Ä. When you try riding, it is enormous after all, don't you think? is. Torque is produced with the ƒ‚ƒŠƒ‚ƒŠ from under. Rather than saying there is a power, forcibleness of torque has been effective. Acceleration beam element clear and others it forced quickly and did with the thing. Because there is a torque, without stress it accelerates even from some state. For example if only the accelerator stepping on at as much as 6 fast 40km/h how time, ƒOƒ“ƒOƒ“ speed to rise, because it increases. Because also method of coming out the power is flat, so the feeling which is questioned it is good, don't you think? is. So so, also exhaust noise very is the ƒXƒ|?[ƒeƒB. It makes the sound of force echo from the low-speed limits.

Don't you think? the human ‚Á ‚Ä, for example running with 3rd gear gears * 2000 revolutions, when the ƒtƒb stepping on the accelerator the ahead that it passes through the corner, when equal to the amount which you stepped on power comes out " well, this car, there being a power, feeling it is good, " the ‚Á ‚Ä being to be something which can be thought it does. However also absolute power of course is necessary, also such sensuous place is important. At this point in time, new model Z makes good. And in the pass and in the highway and in anywhere and becoming pleasant from in any state, you think in throughout the city it can think.
Also the gear shift which has the moderation impression is the point of feeling good quality. Stroke is short, being smooth, enters with the ƒRƒcƒ“ƒRƒcƒ“, it is is. Feeling of true sport car. The car being light, at the large aerodynamic volume displacement, shift feeling whose small feeling is good. It is the car where even just this sufficiently, is pleasant.

Starting riding, what you become aware secure of the body the impression. The feeling where the making being packed goes and has reached. Feeling at rest, it can ride, it is is. Good quality of riding comfort and it must be quiet to be surprised to that. In the sense that it is soft, don't you think? it is good quality of the riding comfort which is the core which will be been secure. When the sport car ‚Á ‚Ä you say, former times being something which imagines the riding taste which the ƒSƒcƒSƒc is done, it does, but new model Z is different quite. The ‚Á ‚Ä which is to run slowly it is very proud.
That being, you try if probably to throw you answer sufficiently. As for handling there being a depth, pliant. There is also the stickiness. The level whose also responsiveness of the steering wheel is high very. Also grip the rear is good. Because the body will have been secure, it can work also the chassis properly, don't you think? it is is. Without almost destroying attitude even in the road surface which becomes rough you run and come out. Don't you think? this one bodily sensation, it is victory of the packaging.

It is enormous furthermore, flat ride without using electronic control, actualizing, to be. By the car and by the sport car, the roll it does with the corner unless, the full brake applying, the nose it dives unless, such efficiency is important very. Very, it is proper in the driver, for level one feeling to be very good to the person who is riding side always. Feeling the roll, because the fear impression ‚Á‚Ä it comes out for the first time. The tire 4 being attached to the road surface always accurately in what circumstance, the ‚é riding, the sense of relief is enormous. The flat ride ‚Á ‚Ä, it is ideal even in the world of the racing car, I think.

Flat ride has been effective even in the sense of security on the highway. When it is the normal car, in the high-speed limits the feeling where front floats a little doing, there is an impression where the steering wheel becomes light don't you think?. Therefore as the hula hula done, it becomes fearful, it is is. It is not that in new model Z. Feeling at rest, the true ‚Á it can run immediately and, we do not fear even lane change. Feeling to be good cruising it is possible truly, it is is.
The present sport car first suffered hardship in running fast. Such a thing being able to make natural, furthermore the ƒTƒ‰ƒb and the line economized ‚á you bore new model Z, even with the corner where the road surface becomes rough, we would like to see newly, it is. Also riding comfort being good, if it becomes that air, it can run to the ƒXƒ|?[ƒeƒB with a lot of. The baggage and the person the large quantity are not stacked, if is, thing is almost enough at this 1 unit. This is progressive what of the sport cars, this NISSAN proposes is the way what of the new sport cars, the ‚Á ‚Ä the ‚Ð it does the enthusiasm which is said and the ‚Ð does and feels the better seed.
Old 06-24-2002, 07:29 AM
kroams

The Real Player versions seem to be a little better quality and are not jerky.

Video 1 (Real Player)

Video 2 (Real Player)

Video 3 (Real Player)

Video 4 (Real Player)
Old 06-24-2002, 07:34 AM
brackethead

Nice! Thanks Kroams!
Old 06-24-2002, 07:55 AM
kroams

I keep watching the videos over and over and get shivers down my spine everytime it takes a corner. This is going to be an incredible car both visually and on the track. I really don't understand why in Japan Nissan seems to do all these little things for their market (special Z website, videos, reviews, etc) yet NNA decides not to. I would have been happy if NNA would have at least released the same videos with English subtitles rather than never letting us know they existed.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:03 AM
king

WHite looks just great, i wish i did order the white z. But white is just not available in track model in canada. Is that the same in US?
Old 06-24-2002, 08:06 AM
3rdpower

Default Just finished drooling on my keyboard

I'm a little confused to about NNA's decision not to get these kinda quality footage shots on the web... it all comes down to the benjamins here in the US however. Who ever test drives and reviews will get exposure and lots of it.
Old 06-24-2002, 08:23 AM
abz123

If this is in Japan, why is the steering wheel on the left?
Old 06-24-2002, 08:26 AM
abz123

>>>I did a translation of what the driver said about it from the jp.z page in altavista bablefish and here's what I got.... <<<

For some reason I think it loses something in the translation
Old 06-24-2002, 08:46 AM
ZZtopp

Interesting translation...........sounds like Yoda.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:26 AM
Dave

Is there a way to save those realvideo files?
Old 06-24-2002, 09:34 AM
Killermove

Default Wow...

The guy realy throws it over some rough corners. He didn't seem to slow down much just because there were some bumps in the pavement!

The car really look like it's zipping around and absorbing those bumps while maintaining traction and control. COOL!

Ryan
Old 06-24-2002, 09:35 AM
king

yeah.. how can we save the ram file?
Old 06-24-2002, 09:50 AM
john0213

can anyone make it so it's downloadable?
Old 06-24-2002, 09:52 AM
raceboy
Banned

Well, I just finished watching the video and it really looks like the Z is suspended way too softly. Over the rises it unweights itself too much and bounces around in the rough corners too much as well. If it's really true that the Track has the same suspension tuning as the other models than th efirst thing I will be upgrading is the suspension as it was when I bought my MR2 Spyder (upgraded to the full TRD Sportivo set that incuded matched struts, springs, and anti-roll bars).
Old 06-24-2002, 10:48 AM
raceboy
Banned

I really don't understand the purpose of coilovers unless you have the ability to realign the car every time you change the ride height. Since most people don't realistically have this capability, myself included, I would rather just go with a matched set of shocks/anti roll bars/shocks (adjustable).

Quick Reply: Pikes Peak video with HARD track footage..