Sponsored by:

Gf just broke up with me cause of the Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 01:01 PM
milanista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by DOHC
So much testosterone, so little wisdom. For those whose only life is a car, I guess it doesn't matter. Someday they will grow up and realize that a car is just an inanimate object which gets them from point A to point B. Some do it with more style or more fun, but it's still just a car that lasts only a few years.

After 20+ years of marriage to the same woman, it is clear to me that the simplistic description of the original poster's problem tells us nothing about the true problems - if he even knows them. He'll have to decide what to do, and he'll have to face the consequences of his decision....that's called being an adult. Running away from an issue because "she owns your *****" is the decision of a child. Running away because the girl "isn't worth it" is more mature. Running away because the poster knows his own shortcomings and realizes their ramifications for the future is the sign of a man. None of this is based on the car at all - that's just a prop in the drama. Only children would make it the main issue.
Hats off to you, oh wise one...

The only thing I'd like to add to this thread is that whenever one feels a doubt, there is no doubt....
Old 06-07-2005, 01:02 PM
B-Unit

Originally Posted by wireben
LOL...Greatness!!!

You bring up a good point...I modded my freakin girl before even touching my Z.

Mod 1 = I bought her $1000+ diamond earings,
Mod 2 = $800 Louis Vuitton purses,
Mod 3 = Several $100-200 day spa treatment
Mod 4 = 2 - $500-1000 trips...and who knows what else.

Now if I want to drop MY MONEY...on MYSELF (If this is towards the Z, oh well)...She has no say so in it, she has already been modded up!!!

BP...

In my opinion, THESE ^^^^^ are absolutely inapporpriate gifts for a man to be giving his girlfriend. Let her buy her own **** dude. Unless she is your wife, she does not deserve the amount of money spent on those gifts, she should be satisfied with you, and you should not need, or feel the need to spend an outrageous amount of money such as that on a girl (Unless your far older than i am, say around ur 40s).

To the original poster, there is no way in HELL that this was the reason she broke up with you after 3 years. Girls value commitment and security because all girls are insecure, its how they are. So leaving a secure place because you "modded" your car is complete Bull. Either you really screwed up in other places, or shes found someone else that tickles her fancy more. If that was in deed the reason she broke up with you after 3 years and the time, effort, money you invested into her, i would tell her to suck a dick, and that shes a selfish *** ***** and that your done bringing food to her trough for her, go find another sucker!

PS. I would say that 97% chances are she found another guy and does not know how to break up with you because your a nice guy and she cant handle breaking your heart.

PSS. Ive been playing soccer since i was 2, club, college. My dad played professional for a while out here in Cali and seatle (Sounders). I follow every league from bundesliga to EPL, to Copa Iltalia, u name it, if its soccer, i watch it! w00t for all the soccer homies!

Last edited by m|2. B|2 ya|\|; 06-07-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:10 PM
boma

Originally Posted by RNL323
I've been reading this thread... And everyone has posted pretty much what I would post...

Until I just read...
"the thing is that we used to be 2gether all the time..and now she went away to college and its different..when i went to college i stayed local...she went like 2 hrs away which is not a lot..but when you work full time and go to school 4 hrs of driving is kind of a lot"

Dawg, read between the lines. It's obvious some guys are giving her some attention or diggin on her and since you are 2 hours away and used to be together all the time...Should I say more? Chicks need attention. That's a fact. The Z is the excuse but the bottom line is they need attention. I don't mean to put negative thoughts in your head but the same thing happened to my buddy who has a WRX. He lived in San Francisco, she was in Sacramento (2 hour drive). They were together since high school. Broke up after 6 years because of the 2 hour distance and the lack of attention. In the break up speach, guess what she mentioned? The WRX!

When the truth came out, she started liking some other guy at her school.

Just some wisdom from experience... Hopefully, the same doesn't happen to you!

Good luck!

PS... I'm a soccer fan as well! What leagues do you follow?
I agree with the above post. I agree that it has little to do with the car.
A 2 hour drive is unhealthy. It was just a matter of time. Let us know the results when it occurs.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:51 PM
Vertex350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe she wants to spend more time working on her "coorpoorashun". j/k

On a serious note, it looks like she was just looking for any reason to get out of the relationship. Breaking up over you owning a Z is pure B.S.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:24 PM
zownz

Originally Posted by RNL323
I've been reading this thread... And everyone has posted pretty much what I would post...

Until I just read...
"the thing is that we used to be 2gether all the time..and now she went away to college and its different..when i went to college i stayed local...she went like 2 hrs away which is not a lot..but when you work full time and go to school 4 hrs of driving is kind of a lot"

Dawg, read between the lines. It's obvious some guys are giving her some attention or diggin on her and since you are 2 hours away and used to be together all the time...Should I say more? Chicks need attention. That's a fact. The Z is the excuse but the bottom line is they need attention. I don't mean to put negative thoughts in your head but the same thing happened to my buddy who has a WRX. He lived in San Francisco, she was in Sacramento (2 hour drive). They were together since high school. Broke up after 6 years because of the 2 hour distance and the lack of attention. In the break up speach, guess what she mentioned? The WRX!

When the truth came out, she started liking some other guy at her school.

Just some wisdom from experience... Hopefully, the same doesn't happen to you!

Good luck!

PS... I'm a soccer fan as well! What leagues do you follow?
yeah, the thing is that i know her well enough that i know she would not lie to me, she has a brutal honesty and i know she would tell me if its another guy. if it was that id understand, respect her decision and move on..i know some of you guys say why would you post this crap on the forum and you wont do what we tell you to do anyways, but some of the things a few of you really help and i just may have needed that heads up. thank you

btw. i follow the european league, then also german, italian, spanish and england, did you see the championship game...with the p.k's at the end..
Old 06-07-2005, 02:30 PM
zownz

Originally Posted by rommel350z
Maybe she wants to spend more time working on her "coorpoorashun". j/k

On a serious note, it looks like she was just looking for any reason to get out of the relationship. Breaking up over you owning a Z is pure B.S.
Maybe i did started to pay attention to the car and it seemed that i started spending whole lot of money...i only hadt he car for 2 months and spend money on, injen cai, borla td, v1 lip, stechs...and id always be like..Hey look what i just bought, when she knew how much the car was in the 1st place.
But yeah..it went from worse to the better, today after we got out of class she said this to me after me giving her attention all day" dont show me this just today, but do it everyday"...and she said "that we want different things in life right now, and i dont want something she wants"...but yeah so far so good.. how do i post a pic on here...so i can show a pic of me and her?
Old 06-07-2005, 02:49 PM
Vertex350

You can either upload it directly or host it on a site.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:51 PM
elms350Z

"We want different things right now" man that line brings back memories. Not that she is bro, but I said that to my ex when we broke up. We were going to different schools, but really I fell in love with another girl. Remember only you can find the truth. If you really want to know that's your girl, just ask her. Z's are great aren't they! BTW to post pics it has to be hosted somehwere like here http://photobucket.com/

Last edited by elms350Z; 06-07-2005 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:56 PM
SCDOO 2

Bikerchick, they have to have a Z. I usually ask their net worth and if they have health insurance. Don't want someone indebted up to their @zz or whose wife just got everything or still gets the paycheck.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:51 PM
HotImportGirl
Banned

Originally Posted by SCDOO 2
Bikerchick, they have to have a Z. I usually ask their net worth and if they have health insurance. Don't want someone indebted up to their @zz or whose wife just got everything or still gets the paycheck.

Ugh, thats what sux about older men. Baggage: kids, wives, whatever... no thanks. See hun, what you have to do is give them an application prior to agreeing to a first date with the following:

"Do you have any kids?

Ever been divorced?

Ever been federally indicted?

Have you ever been involved in the mafia?

Are you a momma's boy?

Do you get off to animal ****?

Any psycho ex gfs who stalk you?

Are you an alcoholic or druggie?

If you have answer yes to one or more of the above questions, please disregard this application & have a nice life.

These are actually things that have come up while dating certain men... so now I must ask
Old 06-07-2005, 08:05 PM
wireben

LOL...Greatness!!!

Now if I want to drop MY MONEY...on MYSELF (If this is towards the Z, oh well)...She has no say so in it, she has already been modded up!!!

BP...

Originally Posted by m|2. B|2 ya|\|
In my opinion, THESE ^^^^^ are absolutely inapporpriate gifts for a man to be giving his girlfriend. Let her buy her own **** dude. Unless she is your wife, she does not deserve the amount of money spent on those gifts, she should be satisfied with you, and you should not need, or feel the need to spend an outrageous amount of money such as that on a girl (Unless your far older than i am, say around ur 40s).
I am 29, no she is not a "Paris" type & I do it because I can & the $$$ does not put a dent in my pocket. And don't worry about me my bud, I have a girl that takes great care of me in return. I know that I am not the only boyfriend out there that has spent large amounts of money on the one he loves.

PS. Long term relationships do not work. While you are asleep. She is as well....Sure....
Old 06-08-2005, 09:30 AM
bunny

Originally Posted by sentry65
my girl "demands" that I get a TT kit and mod out my Z - lol

she "demands" it cause she knows I'll like it and she wants me to be happy and doesn't want to get in the way of me being happy. Especially since we're getting married and I gave up the notion of getting a Lotus elise in addition to my Z in order to afford to get married. She'd only step in and tell me to stop or slow down my spending if I wasn't able to pay my bills - which is what you want

In fact, my girl is actually kinda into cars now too. She recognizes cars and knows all sorts of specs about them and details on car performance etc.

Ironically, my best friend is the one who completely disagrees with me spending money on a sports car. He thinks it's a total waste of money to ultimately accomplish a pointless quest of getting from here to there and burning as much gas as possible. He just doesn't get it or understand the thrill of driving...
I actually made an account just to respond to this, but coming from a girl, I'd rather you get the Lotus Elise and have a simple wedding rather than get my big pretty white wedding. Besides, the car lasts a lot longer than that one day of fun and stressful planning

Love, Bunny
Old 06-08-2005, 05:01 PM
The Liu Man

Originally Posted by bunny
I actually made an account just to respond to this, but coming from a girl, I'd rather you get the Lotus Elise and have a simple wedding rather than get my big pretty white wedding. Besides, the car lasts a lot longer than that one day of fun and stressful planning

Love, Bunny
Hey.... how YOU doin'

We're IE buddies! Do you own a Z too? Let's go cruisin

</derail>

yeah so.... basically I feel that a girl needs to like/love you for you, not the amounts of gifts she receives (golddigger). my ex treated me very, very well and she didn't want me spending my money because she'd feel guilty that i'd pay for a lot of things (i still did it anyways).

i dunno, different views on different girls.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:17 PM
ZRA

Cool

You didn't do anything wrong. First of all, your not married yet. You appear to have a good future ahead of you. Send her some roses and a note to meet you at a good restaurant. If she doesn't show, enjoy your meal and get on with your life! At least you have a Z.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:05 PM
nlsqba

I see I am not the only one who has this Z vs GF $hit

I choose my Z-BABY because:

- I know I was the first one who drove it
- my car wont leave me
- my car only requires $30 per 3,000 miles.
- I can get many GF on my Z
- my Z is not mad when I drive (or even talk with) other cars
- my Z doesnt compalin that I go to the gym
- I can take my Z anywhere
- my Z doesn't have mood swings

My conclusion: some girls just don't get it how easly replacable they are. Nice face and a$$ is not everthing => there are plenty girls that have those features. Just my $0.02
Old 06-08-2005, 09:22 PM
The Liu Man

Originally Posted by nlsqba
I see I am not the only one who has this Z vs GF $hit

I choose my Z-BABY because:

- I know I was the first one who drove it
- my car wont leave me
- my car only requires $30 per 3,000 miles.
- I can get many GF on my Z
- my Z is not mad when I drive (or even talk with) other cars
- my Z doesnt compalin that I go to the gym
- I can take my Z anywhere

My conclusion: some girls just don't get it how easly replacable they are. Nice face and a$$ is not everthing => there are plenty girls that have those features. Just my $0.02
Now if the Z can satisfy you.... in one other way, I'm sure you wouldn't be needing any GFs for awhile :P
Old 06-09-2005, 01:09 AM
the7ferret

Originally Posted by charlie_rdstr_Z
Well time to find a new one that will appreciate the Z. Anyone who would get jealous over a car sounds like a likely psycho killer to me.
EXACTLY!!!

If she is mad cause you arn't spending money on her then i hear a golddigger crying...

I love my girl, she respects the fact that I LOVE my Z and I LOVE my camera and computer.

Of course not as much as her, but still up there.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:13 AM
the7ferret

Originally Posted by nlsqba
Unless her crank angle sensor goes out... hehe j/k

Plus when you buy things for your Z she gets better, prettier, or faster...
instead of fatter, sadder, or madder.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:15 AM
cloudy

LOL...Greatness!!!

BP...

I am 29, no she is not a "Paris" type & I do it because I can & the $$$ does not put a dent in my pocket. And don't worry about me my bud, I have a girl that takes great care of me in return. I know that I am not the only boyfriend out there that has spent large amounts of money on the one he loves.

PS. Long term relationships do not work. While you are asleep. She is as well....Sure....

Wanna be my sugar daddy?
Old 06-09-2005, 01:15 AM
the7ferret

+1

Quick Reply: Gf just broke up with me cause of the Z