Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Had to vent...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 07:49 PM
JZC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Had to vent...

Maybe it's the fact I'm a more laid back person, but what's with all the ***** envy racing? Everything in general?

Grant it, I'm 17 so I get all SORTS of people telling me what needs to be done to my car. From spoilers big enough to sink a ship to people who would saw a hole in the hood to add some extra horsepower. Now if that's their own thing more power to them just keep it to yourself.

Then their are the kids about my age that pull up and want to race. That's not my style, I was taught the stronger you are the less you need to prove it.

In fact, tonight I pulled up beside a Z06 and it was a tight little ride. I didn't agree with the choice of wheels but he liked them so I was happy for him. The owner was a middle aged man and we had a nice chat about our cars and then we just cruised on off. Side by side, no vroooooming just chilling. I knew the Z06 would have eaten me alive in speed, but is it crazy that I'm fine with that?

It just doesn't really matter to me, their machines. What kind of worthless human being is going to try and live through a machine. They're fun to drive, I'll be the first to admit I didn't sleep the first 3 days I got the Z but I enjoyed it when I needed to. I still managed my time, got done with what needs to be done then when it was "my time" I'd go out and just cruise. Bonding time with my baby. I LOVE my car, but I posess the car, it does not posess me.

We all like whatever car we like. It's our God given right. We can do whatever we want to our car, if we like it then that's fine. If I'm happy paint pink tulips all over my hood then so be it.

In short, we all own the right to do whatever we want to our cars without third party opinion.

Sorry, had to vent a little steam.

This is my first sports car is this the territory that comes with driving one?

One a lighter note I heard this joke today....

What's the only kinda bee that prodices milk?

......a Boobie.
Old 12-02-2002, 07:56 PM
VaGentleman

I'm 40 yo and understand what you are saying. When someone says "Nice car", I usually respond "yea...Nissan did a great job". I only bought the car..have nothing to do with it's design...don't feel like saying "thank you" unless I was it's designer.

On a lighter note..ermm..when you get those tulips painted...you should post a pic or 2 :P

VG
Old 12-02-2002, 08:00 PM
JZC

It'd ALMOST be worth it too see 2000 of these faces a day.

Old 12-02-2002, 08:02 PM
alex100

I feel the same way... im 20, car comes in december.. im kind of afraid how kids are going to react in my town... i mean.. alot of them are extremly immature... I just hope no vandalism comes out of it.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:04 PM
JZC

My Pathfinder was keyed, egged, and all sorts of fun. That's why my baby sleeps in the garage WITH AN ARMED GUARD.
Old 12-02-2002, 08:29 PM
deviousZ
Banned

Nice post you are very mature for your age!
Old 12-03-2002, 09:49 AM
Zerostixxs

Originally posted by deviousZ
Nice post you are very mature for your age!
Totally agree, I'm 22 and I think I'm pretty mature for my age but I'll admit though there's been some nights when other people have gotten the better of me.
Old 12-03-2002, 10:10 AM
350zSpeedRacer

I'm totally with you. I get these looks every time I race--like I don't belong there b/c I'm a girl. I've even had people come up to me and ask to drive my car to, "see what it can really do." My response is always, "Just watch a little, I'll show you what it can do." These same types of people are the ones that tell me what needs to be done to a car to make it really fast, sharp looking, whatever. It's my car, I'll with it whatever I please. You may not like it, and you don't have to. I probably don't agree with your stuff either. Why really cares?

I'll be the first to admit, that I've been pushed before and I used to not handle myself as well. But I've really learned that all you can do is make sure you're happy and beyond that, don't worry about it.

BTW, I thought your joke was friggin' hilarious!