Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

HEY YUICHI..... how about this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 08:06 AM
NYCZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HEY YUICHI..... how about this?

love what you guys did with the sidemarker LEDS- look Dope!

I was wondering about the rear traingular reflectors that sit just above the tail lights- what do you think about turning those bad boys into red LEDS?

Similar to what the G35 uses for the tail lights - but this would be above the regular rear taillights and would be arranged in a much kooler pattern (angular as opposed to circular)

any thoughts- this is clearly your department- thanks, looking forward to your feedback
Old 12-03-2002, 08:58 AM
Slexis200

yes, i agree, id be into buying that too.......
Old 12-03-2002, 09:08 AM
keepupp

I would like to see LED's as side turn signal markers put into the 3 little dots on the Z emblem that is on the front fenders. Tell me what you guys think.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:12 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I plan to install those side turn markers as they have on the japanese spec. but not in the Z emblem, thats not right.

as for the tail lights, that is ILLEGAL. you must have a reflector in the tail light. yes you can do illegal things, but be aware of that before hand.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:22 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i wouldnt mind having LED turn signals in the mirrors like the concept vehicle had.

knudge knudge Yuichi!

Old 12-03-2002, 09:27 AM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by ares

as for the tail lights, that is ILLEGAL. you must have a reflector in the tail light. yes you can do illegal things, but be aware of that before hand.
Don't panic. What is being proposed here is that LED lights be embedded in the upper tail light section (the triangular part that doesn't light up) in a similar manor that they did on the front bumper reflectors. The tail lights would look stock in every way, except when the lights are turned on, the upper portion would light up as well. The reflectors are therefore retained. Http://www.clearcorners.com is working on developing this as we speak, but they are pretty much strickly into high-end show car stuff and would probably be pretty expensive. They also offer the lighted bumper reflectors, but they are more expensive, you have to send yours in to be modified and they aren't as cool looking as the ones from http://www.strictlyz.com ! Just ordered my set; thanks Yuichi! I'd definitely be down with the tail light thing, too.

Last edited by MustGoFastR; 12-03-2002 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-03-2002, 09:30 AM
NYCZ

Originally posted by MustGoFastR
Don't panic. What is being proposed here is that LED lights be embedded in the upper tail light section (the triangular part that doesn't light up) in a similar manor that they did on the front bumper reflectors. The ail lights would look stock in every way, except when the lights are turned on, the upper portion would light up as well. The reflectors are therefore retained.

Exactly.............. nothing illegal proposed at all....... relectors remain, but embedded in the reflectors would be the LED's
Old 12-03-2002, 02:19 PM
MustGoFastR

VQRacer & Yuichi:
For something like this, though, there would almost have to be some sort of core charge/exchange program to keep them affordable. A new set of tail lights + the mod would be really expensive and nobody needs another set laying around. Plus with tails, you don't have to worry as much about them not being in perfect shape due to scratches, impacts etc. like the front markers. Just make sure people ship them insured and inspect and credit them back the core charge if they pass muster. Just something to keep in mind if you guys are really going to develop this.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:12 PM
DIGItonium

That would a be a great project, but I don't think it's something someone would sell easily.

There needs to be a proven design and simple mod work that anyone could do before the lights can be mass produced and sold.

All I can think is to drill a small opening for the lights to fit, and then tap into the wires of the stock light.
Old 12-04-2002, 10:11 AM
MustGoFastR

Shouldn't be any more difficult than the front bumper markers.
Old 12-04-2002, 11:22 AM
dvlad

Originally posted by Chebosto
i wouldnt mind having LED turn signals in the mirrors like the concept vehicle had.
now i would diffently(sp) buy that!!!!!!!!!!

dan
Old 12-04-2002, 01:15 PM
navy-z

Originally posted by Chebosto

knudge knudge Yuichi!

I'd buy also. I know the car must be within DOT specs without them, but I feel there is too little light on the sides. For example, I've seen a number of near misses because two cars try to merge into the same lane. A side illumination of the turn signals IS something I want (but not really turned on by the ones below the Z badge).
Old 12-04-2002, 04:59 PM
Yuichi

Talking :)

Hiya all,

I definetly think its a good idea. We are going to look into it, and I'll let you guys know about our progress if we happen to do any prototypes.

thanks for the suggestions!
Yuichi