Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

http://nissanautowarranty.com/ Cheap Extended warranties???

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 07:52 AM
dcfxking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I actually asked the dealerhsip this question and he stated that the car's ECM knows when oil changes are done etc and as long as they are done in regualr intervals you should be all set. but who knows this is coming from a dealer who i would never trust fully.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:01 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by dcfxking
I actually asked the dealerhsip this question and he stated that the car's ECM knows when oil changes are done etc and as long as they are done in regualr intervals you should be all set. but who knows this is coming from a dealer who i would never trust fully.
how the heck does the computer know when you remove and replace the oil pan bolt? Sounds like BS to me.
Old 06-24-2005, 12:49 PM
dcfxking

not sure, maybe it knows when the oil level is depleted and then refilled? really have no idea.

Originally Posted by Qbrozen
how the heck does the computer know when you remove and replace the oil pan bolt? Sounds like BS to me.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:41 PM
ZRA

Cool

When you use your extended warranty in the future, be sure to get and keep receipts so you will be reinbursed when the time comes.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:08 PM
tmb

Originally Posted by dcfxking
from my understanding from talking to these people this is a factory (Nissan) extended warranty as I stated before. If this is true then its a good deal, if not then any 3rd party warranty is junk no matter how much it costs usually. Im going to a local dealer here tuesday to see if they can come close to this price if not ill be getting one from these guys and ill let you know how it works out.
Not sure why I am being ignored so I will ask again.

Is this a true bumper to bumper to bumper aka an Exclusionary coverage warranty?

Also, I pointed to a website that reviews these warranty places,has a good list and a black list as well as has a message board where folks can tell their 'stories'.

A point they made is that a large majority of warranties from used car places (Carmax and used car dealerships) are from 3rd parties so they are not junk.
They also tell you that when you buy a new car and the sales guy tries to sell you a warranty, it costs more and covers less than a 3rd party warranty place.

Yeah, I know it sounds like I work for one of them but I don't. I am just someone who is looking for a no risk,best price warranty on my Z so I have been doing a lot of research.

If this Nissanwarrntry place discussed here does not pan out then I am ready to pull the trigger on a well respected 3rd party company that I have researched to death.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:41 PM
dcfxking

Not trying to ignore u buddy.. I guess it would be considered a true bumper to bumper, its the gold preferred which you can check out on nissans website and see exactly what it covers. i just feel a nissan warranty is better than a 3rd party bc the dealerships would most likely honor them without any hassles as they are pretty confident in getting reimbursed directly from nissan. i was also told that this warranty can be used at any Ace certified mechanic or something like that but i just assume go to a dealership if its gonna be covered anyways.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:51 PM
ZRA

Cool

TMB,
I got mine through my dealership. If you researched this outfit and they are OK, might as well use them.
Old 09-24-2005, 03:45 PM
bighamz

Is there a direct link to this gold warranty on the Nissan website? All I found (new name for it?):

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/1,,sctid-51124,00.html

"For additional protection, you can also add Security+Plus, the only extended service agreement offered by Nissan."
Old 09-24-2005, 06:07 PM
DomZ

I have the warranty that you first mentioned, I'd rather pay my $1500 it cost me from the dealer, I have an 03 Touring with literally 5 years, 6 months and 68,000 miles left on it, $0 deductible.