Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

http://nissanautowarranty.com/ Cheap Extended warranties???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 11:17 AM
dcfxking

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default http://nissanautowarranty.com/ Cheap Extended warranties???

http://nissanautowarranty.com/

Has anyone heard of this site which claims to offer nissan manufacturer's extended security plus gold preferred warranties at a really decent price? I need to get one of these for my 03' Z real soon. Any input would be appreciated or if anyone works at a dealership can hook me up with one let me know. I got quoted prices anywhere from $1280 -$2000 for the 84 month/ 70,000 mile 0 deductible warranty from local dealers. This site offers it for $1184.00!

Just want to know if this site is legit and really offers the same warranty that Nissan dealerships offer directly.

THANKS,
-Dave
Old 06-22-2005, 12:54 PM
SunsetSunrise

Wonder if its really NISSAN who offers the warranty.
Prices are great though.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:01 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have read up on online extended warranties before. From what I can tell, some websites are scams. Some are legit. I do not know which ones are which. However, if you get an internet extended warranty, chances are you will have to get approval to get the car covered for service on a case-by-case basis. If you had a dealer or factory extended warranty for nissan, you can take it to any nissan dealer and they should take care of it for you.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:07 PM
dcfxking

Originally Posted by Z2000Maximaguy
I have read up on online extended warranties before. From what I can tell, some websites are scams. Some are legit. I do not know which ones are which. However, if you get an internet extended warranty, chances are you will have to get approval to get the car covered for service on a case-by-case basis. If you had a dealer or factory extended warranty for nissan, you can take it to any nissan dealer and they should take care of it for you.
I understand this, but this site claims to sell the actual nissan factory extended warranty which is called the security plus gold preferred (which is their best one). Im just wondering if anyone has known of anybody buying one through here and if so if it legit and really a nissan factory extended warranty... I would never buy a 3rd party extended warranty whether on the internet or not...I would never reccomend this or even bring it up.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:08 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not sure... perhaps you could try calling the BBB and see what they can tell you.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:41 PM
MADDOG`

Z2000Maximaguy makes a good suggestion. Check them out carefully. I've seen other sites that offered extended warranties. We had several people in another car club buy some extended warranties. The paperwork they were delivered looked very legit. Problem was, GM never heard of them and didn't honor the warranties. So check with your Nissan dealer as well to see if they will honor the extended warranty terms and do business with this firm.

As far as my bros in the other car club, as soon as folks realized it was a scam, they sued. Apparently the firm closed it's doors and all principals in it vanished. Seems it was a setup all the way.

Be very, very careful.
Old 06-23-2005, 04:29 AM
tmb

I too am investigating extended warranties on my Z and found this website that has some reviews,bulletin board and a blacklist:
http://www.autowarrantyreviews.org/

I am going to post your URL there and see what shows up as far as reputation.

On a related ote:
I am used to going on these sites and getting a quote but your site only has a Purchase option.
I am looking for a 60/100000 true bumper to bumper warranty and have about 6 saved that I am comparing.

Any idea how to find out what a 60/100000 would cost on your website?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Qbrozen

register.com shows that site as being registered to Insight Web Design in Spokane Washington. Administered by Eric Peterson (jmonek at aimcomm.com) 509-747-1442.

personally, i'd call and find out what dealership that site is connected to (i'm assuming that only dealerships can offer the warranty, as that is typically the case with other manufacters, as far as I know).

Let us know if you get any more info. I'll probably be looking to get a warranty around the end of the year.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:02 AM
Qbrozen

oh, wait... i NOW took a look at the website. There's a pic of the dealership right on there (Jaremko NIssan?). Find that dealership and contact them directly.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:05 AM
ajsimon

Jaremko Nissan is in Washington State at (509) 924-6242.

I would have them fax me a copy of the extended warranty, and then call Nissan to find out if the warranty is valid. Also I would pay with a credit card.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:11 AM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your insured with Mercury, they have 6yr/100,000mile
warranty that covers everything that the Nissan Extended Warranty covers.
I currently have 5yr/100,000 Extended Warranty that cost me $2000.
Mercury's warranty covers exactly same thing for $1200.
I'm going to be switching soon..seems like a wiser choice.
Try checking with your insurance agent.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:47 AM
dcfxking

Okay. I just got off the phone with Jeremy at this dealerhsip. He said they offer these warranties at $50 above cost to meet penetration quotas required by nissan. He says he can do everything over the phone and send all necessary paperwork certified mail. He confirmed it was the actual nissan gold preferred security plus warranty. Im surprised noone has heard of this site or done business with them before. He did say that prices just did increase slightly and the site is still being updated.

He can be reached:
Jeremy @ Jaremko Nissan in Washington State
800-821-2448
509-924-6242

The one I will most likely get is the 7yr/70,000 mi Gold Preferred which is offered at $1014 with a $50 deductible and $1237 with 0 Ded.

Ill post again once I make a final decision and I get all the paperwork.
-dave
Old 06-23-2005, 03:36 PM
tmb

I am not sure this is a true bumper to bumper warranty aka an Exclusionary coverage warranty.

I have emailed asking them whether this is an Exclusionary coverage warranty or
whether this is a warranty against the major items (which may be all that one wants)

Most warranty companies offer both types so I am not questioning their legitimacy but rather whether this warranty is what I am researching which is a true bumper to bumper warranty.

When they start listing what IS covered, that indicates that it is a warranty against major repairs.
An exclusionary coverage only has about 1 parapgraph and it lists what is NOT covered.

The price is in line with others that have the major repair type warranties.

I will post what I find in response to my questions to them.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:45 PM
tmb

Originally Posted by gsazabi
If your insured with Mercury, they have 6yr/100,000mile
warranty that covers everything that the Nissan Extended Warranty covers.
I currently have 5yr/100,000 Extended Warranty that cost me $2000.
Mercury's warranty covers exactly same thing for $1200.
I'm going to be switching soon..seems like a wiser choice.
Try checking with your insurance agent.
Do you have a link for Mercury?

A google search on "Mercury Warranty" brings up several warranty companies.

Thanks
Old 06-23-2005, 06:36 PM
ZRA

Cool

I got the extended warrenty on my new 05 SB touring. 72,000 miles bumper to bumper plus roadside help towing food lodging Etc. $27 more a month included in my 60 payments. That comes to 1620.00. I recently lost my V-tec engine in my 98 honda EX 90,000 miles, and lost my transmission in my 97 Tourus wagon 130,000 mi. Bought another engine for the Honda. This is what prompted me to get the extra coverage for my Z. Never know what may happen. The warranty was through my dealership.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:49 PM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so the warranty is a NISSAN extended warranty or another private company? Can i just walk into my Nissan dealer with a problem at 60k miles or do i have to file a claim with another company first?
Old 06-24-2005, 06:30 AM
Qbrozen

yes, as this thread states, the dealer is claiming this is the true Nissan warranty.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:17 AM
dcfxking

from my understanding from talking to these people this is a factory (Nissan) extended warranty as I stated before. If this is true then its a good deal, if not then any 3rd party warranty is junk no matter how much it costs usually. Im going to a local dealer here tuesday to see if they can come close to this price if not ill be getting one from these guys and ill let you know how it works out.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:25 AM
elms350Z

Are there service requirements to keep the Z under the Nissan Factory Warranty? i.e. oil changes and keeping the receipts?
Old 06-24-2005, 07:41 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by elms350Z
Are there service requirements to keep the Z under the Nissan Factory Warranty? i.e. oil changes and keeping the receipts?
technically, there are service requirements with ANY vehicle. If you don't change the oil and the engine blows up .... well, they are most likely going to deny the warranty work. So, yes, keep your receipts just in case.

Quick Reply: http://nissanautowarranty.com/ Cheap Extended warranties???