Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just Suppose

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2002, 12:41 PM
JamieH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $10K

I take the 10K and put a down payment on the convertible model for next spring.

Last edited by JamieH; 06-25-2002 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-25-2002, 03:30 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

JAY: You mean our glorious leader will be Z-less? That sucks. I know the $ will be nice but it'll be tough reading all the stories about us getting our cars while all you'll have is a "Fist Full O' Dollars" (shameless movie reference).
Old 06-25-2002, 09:24 PM
ITZBITZ

Default Re: Just Suppose

I would take the $10,000 and use it on a down payment for ZO6.
Old 06-27-2002, 07:56 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Originally posted by JmanZ
Funny you should ask this... I have all but already sold my position for $4500 over MSRP and I have plans on just replacing an order for the color I want. See, I bought the wrong color... but I found someone that wants what I have so it all works out nicely.

If he's willing to pay it, I'm willing to wait a few months. After all, it's cash I don't have to pay later. woooo hooooo

-j-
Wow.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and speak my mind. I find it unconscionable that the founder of my350z.com would actually scalp a place in line for a pre-order Z. When scalping took place in the first few months of the E46 M3 order process, people were being burned at the stake for even mentioning trying to sell a place in line, yet over here, it's all cool.

I would hope that the individual you are raping is some rich tool who just wants to jump on the Z bandwagon because they think the car is "neat" and not an honest enthusiast who couldn't make it into the pre-order process.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:13 AM
dvlad

Originally posted by droidekaus

Wow.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and speak my mind. I find it unconscionable that the founder of my350z.com would actually scalp a place in line for a pre-order Z. When scalping took place in the first few months of the E46 M3 order process, people were being burned at the stake for even mentioning trying to sell a place in line, yet over here, it's all cool.

I would hope that the individual you are raping is some rich tool who just wants to jump on the Z bandwagon because they think the car is "neat" and not an honest enthusiast who couldn't make it into the pre-order process.
To say that Jay is " raping" someone by charging a FAIR market price is unfair. Jay has more than earned the right to charge such a price by devoting(sp) 29 hour days towards this site .

Just because he has created a top notch Z website doesn't mean that by selling his pre-order an "unconscionable" act was commited. Who knows, he might actually reinvest the $4,500 into this site. Which is a benefit for you and everyone else here.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:27 AM
raceboy
Banned

I guarantee that if a dealer tried to charge a "fair market price" you would call it raping.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:35 AM
dvlad

Your right. I would call a dealer who is charging $5000 over cost and having to wait until Jan. of '03 raping me. Hell, one dealership i went to in March of '02 did this.

But the fellow Jay is dealing with is getting the car in September. So it's still a great deal for only $4,500.
Old 06-27-2002, 08:42 AM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by dvlad

To say that Jay is " raping" someone by charging a FAIR market price is unfair. Jay has more than earned the right to charge such a price by devoting(sp) 29 hour days towards this site .

Just because he has created a top notch Z website doesn't mean that by selling his pre-order an "unconscionable" act was commited. Who knows, he might actually reinvest the $4,500 into this site. Which is a benefit for you and everyone else here.
Fair market value? $4,500? Really? I guess that's based on all of the Zs that have been rolling off of the lot's at $4,500 over sticker.

I take it you did not order the first week in January when a ton of people were SCREAMING about their dealers trying to charge one cent over MSRP. Do you remember those days? I guess it's a Federal crime for a dealer to charge over MSRP, but we'll glady stick each other with a "convenience" charge if the price is right.

Cool.
Old 06-27-2002, 09:14 AM
roberto350z

i often think about this droidekaus...I always think about how cool it would be to put the car in the paper and charge a 5 k premium. I think there is a very good possibility of this being possible.

...but I feel like I was at the forefront of the march against price gouging so I would rather gouge my own eyes out instead of stick it to an enthusiast.

HOWEVER....droidekaus, if the person offering the 5k had a supercar for everyday of the week, and the Z would be for Friday's, then wouldnt you?
Old 06-27-2002, 09:24 AM
cheap

I know what the point is here with price gouging, but even though it might not be the most ethical choice Jay'd still have $5k in his pocket and you'd just be some dude on the internet with an opinion.

If I could find somebody who wanted to spend an extra $10k (Im not as cheap) to get the car 6 months sooner, I'd sell it to him too. It's not like the guy Jay is selling to doesn't understand what's going on and that he'd have his chance to negotiate with a dealer for MSRP later, and if having the car that much sooner is worth $5k to him, then by all means make a buck.

Just a matter of priorities. $5000 is a nice chunk of change to get for simply being patient.