Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

s2k vs the Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 09:12 PM
MEI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unless you get a track model in the Z or you better get the s2k cuz in the track the feeling, handling even in straight line race the Z will pull after some while cuz of the torque

10. The awsome feeling you get when the girlfriend of a guy in an M3, etc. is staring at your car while her boyfriend driver is trying hard not to look like he saw you (lol).
11. And guys, all you Z owners should know by now, the awe that you feel the people have when you do a left turn in a big intersection, when all cars feel like they stopped to see you parade yourself by them. Guys, I don't know if it's the Leman's Sunset paint job or what, but If you want attention, It's the Z. Let's give it up for this awesome car
+1 man like you are living with me.....lol

Last edited by MEI; 06-28-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:25 PM
SB Track

It seems like you like the S2000 a lot more. Get it. The Z IS that much heavier. They are about the same speed when pressed to the limit. But the Z has the torque, whereas the S2K has the revs. I love everything about the S2K except the lame tachometer, and the fact that there was no coupe version.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:28 PM
lilchief

Well guys i know everyone say that the S and Z are neck and neck when it comes to performace (they could be). Well i just got the Z about a month ago and and friend of mine has the S2k. For a fact a i know that my friend and i are very close if not the same when it comes to driving skills. We took our cars on the highway and started at about 30-35mph we did it 3 times and all times the s2k got smoked. That was prove enough for me knowing that the Z is a faster car of the 2.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:43 PM
MulhollandDrive

Originally Posted by coo69foo
or driven both cars..? aiite n e help would be great thanks!
For me it came down to the s2k and Z roadster. The s2k gave me a headache both times I drove it. IMHO, the s2k is the better absolute performance car, but the Z is the winner as a daily driver.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to the original poster: you may feel that the Z is harder to get used to than the S2000 right now, but trust me, after about a week or two, the Z will feel like your own 2 feet.

2 mediocre drivers racing (whether drag or circuit), The Z will win because it's easier to drive to the limit.

2 professional drivers racing, Drag should be like a flip of a coin. Circuit, however, the S2000 will win.

the S is harder to drive fast, but if you can really drive it perfectly to its utmost limit, it will edge out the Z on the circuit.

Whatever you choose, you won't lose. These are both awesome cars. Let us know what you decide.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:02 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, VeilsideZ33, want to have an Ottawa, Canada 350Z meet? I live in Ottawa too. I've seen at least 7 different 350Z in the city and only one of them looked like it was modded (front bumper)

I'd like to get into modding and find out what garage is a 350Z garage. I've heard "Taps" mentioned but I thought it was more of an Eagle Talon garage.

Originally Posted by VeilsideZ33
Word... - I thought it was just me but I guess not! I always get the dude in the m3 and his girlfriend scenarios
Old 06-29-2005, 02:44 AM
coo69foo

yes if i do get the Z ... i m leaning towards the Track version or the 35th ... the track version and the 35th are pretty much the same in all areas .. except for the cooler shinnier rims on the 35th and the 35th comes with the leather... all other options are the same... but i want leather though!! do those light weight rims really make a difference on the tRack version? so far i have only test driven Base model... is there much of a differeince in performance on the other versions with 300hp and the track version???? the dealer i went to.. was all out i need to go back when they get more new Zs in .. they only had one base model left!
Old 06-29-2005, 02:55 AM
coo69foo

Originally Posted by SB Track
It seems like you like the S2000 a lot more. Get it. The Z IS that much heavier. They are about the same speed when pressed to the limit. But the Z has the torque, whereas the S2K has the revs. I love everything about the S2K except the lame tachometer, and the fact that there was no coupe version.

yeah i definitly did have more fun wit the s2k.. so i did enjoy it alot more!! but i was thinkin i will enjoy the Z alot more!! for some reason i want the Z because it is the better car out of both .. both cars are great thats the problem haha i m glad too see i m not the only one who had a problem dicidiing which car it was going to be...the s2k had that feel i dunno.. felt like i was free do n e ting .. very smoooth at shifting an stuff.. but theres someting but the Z though it holds well on the road.. alot more smooth .. stronger feeling.. s2k feels like it was cheaply made in some areas.. but i m goin go out an drive the Z alil more and make my decision.. but right now i m towards a Z.. and prolly the Track model..
Old 06-29-2005, 05:36 AM
lightforce18

I am in a similar situation, I want a Z and I want an EVO. But I cant choose!! I think I will end up with a enthusiast Z in a couple weeks well see.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:58 AM
FindingNismo

If and when you test drive the Z, make sure to take the TCS OFF! You wont get a feel for how powerfull she is other wise. A buddy of mine with an 04 S2 and I (a Z owner) Autocross at every event we can get to. I've raced his and he with mine, and together we came to this. 350z has more power and quicker in a race that has many nearly 180 degree turns or better such as an AutoX. Z's power band starts at negative RPM's (seems like ) while the S2 doesn't realy get going till after 3000 RPM's. But in a straight line, it's purely a drivers race. Hope that helps.
Old 06-29-2005, 07:24 AM
Bran_BranZ33

ive raced a black s2k and i started pulling after 100 but we were even all through 3rd and a little bit of 4th. it might be me but i felt girly driving the s2000.... it so small and peppy. just not my cup of tea.

either choice you will be happy with the performance. so get whatever you like more
Old 06-29-2005, 07:32 AM
Low J.
Banned

Well, I have to admit if I was able to fit in an S2K I would have bought one instead of the Z. The S2K is just for midgets I swear
Old 06-29-2005, 07:43 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

+1

I used to have 330Ci bimmer for three years and could count the compliments
on one hand. I've had my Z for two months and can't even begin to count the
compliments, stares and gawking. Thing is people see Z and they think speed
+ the slick look + expensive. Once I pulled into Fedex and the people there
coulnd't believe I only paid $30K+ for my Z. They didn't believe me. They said
"for the same price as a Maxima?"

People see bimmer they just think expensive. I would never trade my Z for any
bimmer... no M3 or M5. I'd take a modded Z any over them any day.

Originally Posted by ZlleH
11. And guys, all you Z owners should know by now, the awe that you feel the people have when you do a left turn in a big intersection, when all cars feel like they stopped to see you parade yourself by them. Guys, I don't know if it's the Leman's Sunset paint job or what, but If you want attention, It's the Z. Let's give it up for this awesome car
Old 06-29-2005, 02:28 PM
bloodwings19

We used to own a S2000, now owns a 350Z and another Z (Domestic). If your in California, enjoying sun almost everyday, get S2K. If not, get the 350Z. The Z is no doubt a better daily than the S2k, the Honda is too firm in its ride and lacks initial power until high rpm. Sometimes when I drive the Z, it feels like I'm driving in a luxury car because of its smoothness. The shifter, I gotta give it to the VTEC, it is effortless in shifting. The Z is too notchy, feels very plastiky. The shifter is a lot better than the other Z, not 350Z. I love the S2Ks Xenon lights, it is Beamer-like. If you are modding, I stay with the Z, safer on hardtop. You can't go wrong with 2 cars, but if I had to start-over and pick again, well... it depends if I'm in California. At the same time, I wouldn't trade my Nissan for a Honda. Good Luck!!

PS: Former BMW owner to future BMW owner, don't own the car if you don't have more than 3 year warranty on the car.
Old 06-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Vertex350

Your choice should be based on what you want. Take a test drive of both of them and go with what you enjoy the most.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:08 PM
OUphidelt

I had a frat brother with a 02 S2K, and it was a flippin rattle box. The center console creaked, the seats rocked back and forth, the radio was only marginally functional with the top down, and you had to wear eye protection with the top down at speed, because the wind blew directly in your face. AND FORGET ABOUT USING A PHONE WITH THE TOP DOWN.

With the Z, I have had none of these issues, not to mention I can fit a full sized duffle bag in the trunk, and the Z has cupholders, and in-cabin storage. Driver comfort was much higher in the Z as well.

I did test drive a new S2K, and at least it had cupholders etc, but the seats still creaked and the ride seemed much harsher.

Just my .02 $ though.
Old 06-29-2005, 10:31 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

I realize this makes me very "shallow" but, man, one look at the Zzzz and the choice is made.

Plus doesn't the Zzzz have more low end grunt?
Old 06-30-2005, 02:40 AM
coo69foo

thanks for everyones great replys... this is a good forum... at first i thought since this is a Z forum.. i thought mostly people would alil biased and favor the Z of course since this is a Z forum... but you guys have given a great comments... i m new to this forum but i m keep using it any more info i need or questions i have.. thanks!
Old 06-30-2005, 03:05 AM
35oZephyR

You won't find TOO much bias here since many of us were in the same boat as you not too long ago...

Many of us were deciding between an S2000, 350z, G35 or anything else sporty in the price range. We all weighed our options.

I'm sure you posted the same question on the S2k boards and there will tend to be a tad bit more bias.
Why do I say that? Well some of those guys owned an S2k well before the Z came out so they pledge their allegiance.

Both are great cars but two different styles and approaches. I know this sounds corny as fug, but search yourself first and you'll make the right choice.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:05 AM
flyboi12ichie

haha, yea... Well, atleast y'all were looking at legitimate things such as performance, styling and such. I had a lexus before and well, you know how it goes. I always ended up driving people around because it had the capacity. I got tired of having to be the one to fill up my tank and be the chauffer, so after 2 years and went with the Z ( rx-8, lan-evo, z). Now nobody asks me for rides anymore cuz they simply can't fit! Score!

Quick Reply: s2k vs the Z