Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

s2k vs the Z

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 04:01 PM
coo69foo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2k vs the Z

hey guys.. i m new to this forum... and i m doing research to find out if the Z is for me... right now for me its between the s2k and the Z... i have test drove both cars i am pleasee with the s2k... and the high revin engine siince i m used too driving hondas.. i was impressed with the Z too... but theres someting bout it.. i dunno maybe i need to test drive it again.. for some reason.. The Z felt alot heavier an alil slow.. but i coula not drove it right either.. i really feel like i need too test drive it again.. the s2k i had more fun with.. feels allot lighter an quick up in the high revs... con for that car is.. it dont come alive until after 3k revs... now i m jus relaly confused haha... but it seems like the Z is definitly worth it for that price compared to the s2k... which car would haul alot more ***.. an out handle eachother if they was to be side by side? n e help in makin my dicision would be great full.. n e of u Z owners raced s2k owners? or driven both cars..? aiite n e help would be great thanks!
Old 06-28-2005, 04:20 PM
lane myers

it sounds like you had more fun in the s2k, you should get that one if you like it more.

most everyone here is going to tell you to get the Z, most of them faced the same decision you're facing now, and bought the Z.

also, being a former vtec owner, i would choose the Z, the Z behaves like a sports car any rpm...
Old 06-28-2005, 04:33 PM
doodeitstom

skinny folks who never need space to haul anything but a backpack = s2k

skinny folks who need some space and torque = 350z

fat people = by default 350z because s2k just looks ridiculous with them in it.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:42 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its a drivers race, the s2k and the z are about the same in a straight line.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:48 PM
OutsiderZ5

Well they are both great cars. No doubt in that! I must say that I test drove the RX-8, S2K and the Z. As you can see I ended up with the Z! I believe that the Z is the better car out of the 3. Critics say a little different! If you are looking for performance, I would recommend the Z!
Critics rated the S2K the better vehicle. But this is rated with performance and other layers that critics look at! The Z mainly lost because of the interior and lack of trunk room. So if you are feeling performance, I gaurantee that you will not be disappointed with the Z.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:02 PM
BRZ3303

The S2000 is a lighter car by like 300 lbs. to 400lbs. I was a Honda head back in the days, the S2000 feels nimble and somewhat unstable at high revs compared to the Z, of course it would feel faster with the top down and that 4cyl. motor screaming VTEC!!!!! the Z feels solid and stable low end and at high end, but dont get me wrong the S2000 is a nice car but for me I went with the Z. To each his own,
Old 06-28-2005, 05:07 PM
coo69foo

yes i did have more fun wit the s2k.. but i tink i need too drive the Z the again too really know wat i want.. i think i found the Z more intimadating... the s2k was easy to get used too rightaway... but i m sure the Z is better.. an i tink its better value.. for some reason the s2k .. i wouldnt pay that price for that car... i dunno ... i m leanin towards the Z more right now...
Old 06-28-2005, 05:17 PM
supercelicagt

I had a Z and now own the S2000.

Looks - Very slight edge to the modern look of the Z, but the S looks great top down.
Power- Basically even, but the power surge at 6000+ rpms is a plus in the S.
Gearbox- Easily the S with its smooth, short shifts.
Handling- Edge to the S for exciting feel and grip, but the Z feels very planted in turns, too.
Overall- If you want a coupe, go with the 350Z. However the S2000 is the better sportscar and is not as common as the Z.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:27 PM
coo69foo

mmmmmm okay.. so u say the s2k is a overall better sportcar??? thats wat i m looking for.. the better sports car.. an peformance over all.. i seem to find the pros in both cars... the s2k has its advantages too.. i ve been driving a RSX type S for 3 years now.. i m too used to this high reving engine, and this whole V tec hype..

Originally Posted by supercelicagt
I had a Z and now own the S2000.

Looks - Very slight edge to the modern look of the Z, but the S looks great top down.
Power- Basically even, but the power surge at 6000+ rpms is a plus in the S.
Gearbox- Easily the S with its smooth, short shifts.
Handling- Edge to the S for exciting feel and grip, but the Z feels very planted in turns, too.
Overall- If you want a coupe, go with the 350Z. However the S2000 is the better sportscar and is not as common as the Z.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:58 PM
Hyru

I had to make thi ssame decision about a week ago.
I simply cant stand the glove feel interior of the S2K. Id wana throwup after driving in it for 20mins.
Also, power wise... I know many people say its even... but id have to give the slight edge to the Z (from my own experience)
Old 06-28-2005, 06:05 PM
HustleLikeM0FO

I'm in the same situation right now, I drove both car and I'm gonna say the Z gets my vote. Both cars are about equal performance wise but the looks of the Z are way more sleek then the S2K.

The S2K reminds me of a Civic inside and out for some reason... it just looks cheap and flimsy to me.

I would go with the Z based on looks cuz performance wise they're about the same.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:13 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Default race vid

Hey,
Here is the S2000 vs. Z race I got from 350zmotoring.com. Click here to check it out. I don't know what mods they all have, but from what I could tell Z is dropped with an aftermarket exhaust.

Z wins of course!
Old 06-28-2005, 06:28 PM
coo69foo

that race could depend on the drivers also right?? but i m leanin towards the Z.. i just have more confidence in the nissan than the honda...
Old 06-28-2005, 06:40 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Originally Posted by doodeitstom
skinny folks who never need space to haul anything but a backpack = s2k

skinny folks who need some space and torque = 350z

fat people = by default 350z because s2k just looks ridiculous with them in it.
i would look rediculous in a s2k
Old 06-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Art Vandaleigh

My father owns an 04 S2K so i can give a fair comparo. Z is hands down a better daily driver being more comfortable, smoother ride, more power in all areas and more stable at speed. S2K is definitely more of a raw sports car, and handles better due to 400lbs less weight, but you sacrifice some ride quality. It also is fairly bare bones, being no TCS even and a very sparse interior. I used to think the S2K was king of affordable sports cars, and even wanted to get myself one a year or two ago, but once i test drove a Z my thoughts changed. Give both cars another test drive, but either is a great car nonetheless.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:49 PM
curnaco

I test drove both of them, let me tell ya, I felt sick after driving the S2K for 15 minutes, i dont know but I chose the Z over the S because of the S2k small interior and lack of TQ at low rpms. I am VERY happy with my PPW Touring and I think I made the right choice, I just love it.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:46 PM
ZlleH

Where I live, S2K are everywhere. When I first saw them, I thought they were just another new generation miatas and quickly looked away. I won't go into performance because I believe they are even and it's all about the drivers. So I'll just go to the looks...

I have a Lemans sunset and man, does it ever get attention. This car is a chick magnet. My co-worker has a S2K and when we go for lunch in his car, we get no reactions. When we go in my car, we get:

1. cat calls from girls
2. "holy ****", and "Sweet car!", etc. comments from guys.
3. The lingering stares.
4. The Head following looks.
5. The many questions at the stop lights.
6. The looks from all sides when you are in front at intersections.
9. The shark-like way cars swim around you to look at your car.
10. The awsome feeling you get when the girlfriend of a guy in an M3, etc. is staring at your car while her boyfriend driver is trying hard not to look like he saw you (lol).
11. And guys, all you Z owners should know by now, the awe that you feel the people have when you do a left turn in a big intersection, when all cars feel like they stopped to see you parade yourself by them. Guys, I don't know if it's the Leman's Sunset paint job or what, but If you want attention, It's the Z. Let's give it up for this awesome car
Old 06-28-2005, 07:55 PM
lightforce18

damn once they switched camera men the s2k stood no chance lol
Old 06-28-2005, 08:05 PM
VeilsideZ33

Word... - I thought it was just me but I guess not! I always get the dude in the m3 and his girlfriend scenarios

Originally Posted by ZlleH
1. cat calls from girls
2. "holy ****", and "Sweet car!", etc. comments from guys.
3. The lingering stares.
4. The Head following looks.
5. The many questions at the stop lights.
6. The looks from all sides when you are in front at intersections.
9. The shark-like way cars swim around you to look at your car.
10. The awsome feeling you get when the girlfriend of a guy in an M3, etc. is staring at your car while her boyfriend driver is trying hard not to look like he saw you (lol).
11. And guys, all you Z owners should know by now, the awe that you feel the people have when you do a left turn in a big intersection, when all cars feel like they stopped to see you parade yourself by them. Guys, I don't know if it's the Leman's Sunset paint job or what, but If you want attention, It's the Z. Let's give it up for this awesome car
Old 06-28-2005, 08:17 PM
tractng

coo69foo,

I almost bought the S2000 three times, but chicken out each time (even put a deposit too).

If you like the roaster, the S2000 is a better value. If not, then the Z wins in the look category.

For the S2000, many people would say it looks like a miata (my wife called it). But when you take the top off and walked around it, the S2000 is very exotic in a way.

Living in socal, i kind of wish i have gotten the roaster.

Tony

Quick Reply: s2k vs the Z