2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Forum Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 07:10 AM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Too Many Forums?!

JUST MY 2 CENTS....I love the idea of having new forums, but this is just too many.. Past "technical" archives , Past "modification" archives, personally I think all the modificatons should be in 1 forum, not split into seperate forums for each aspect of the car. In one forum, this allows us to see everything everyone is doing, instead of browsing 4 different forums.. and I really think that General should be put back on top, putting it at the bottom I don't think will make people put the thread into the right forum, because the same problem exists, more people look in general than any other forum, and it has the most replies, most people logged in at once into that thread.. Anyone agree?

Last edited by Ricky; 12-05-2002 at 07:45 AM.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:19 AM
Zaphod 350z

Default Forum Suggestions

The new layout is great. I just have a few suggestions.

1 - Condense the modification forums. I don't feel there is a need to seperate asthetic and performance mods. More to look at, less navigation. And I think a general Wheel and Tire forum would be fine.

2 - A Feedback forum. A place where people could report errors, abusive users, spammers, submit suggestions and ideas, etc. It may prove helpful.

3 - Drop down menu for forum jumping within a forum. For instance, from any forum you could select a different forum and be able to jump with one click. I think that would definitely save on bandwidth usage and ease of access.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:23 AM
Zaphod 350z

Retraction on Suggestion 3. I just saw the forum jump box. Maybe it could be moved to the top of the page though?
Old 12-05-2002, 07:29 AM
michael350

Default new fourms

I personaly think adding all these forums suck. Way to confusing...I thought it was better before. All you needed to do was add a few new ones that people requested. And a few meaning 3 new ones not a whole new website. LOL Anyways can we go back to what it was before? Because I believe your gonna lose alot of members. If it stays like this I will leave.

P.S. The regional forums SUCK!. It only breaks apart the family bond that people have made. Because their cut up in many new forums that people wont read. Just for the fact it will take too long.

By the way im on this site about 3 or 4 hours a day. so this post is coming from an avid MY350Z. com frequent user.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:37 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is why the general forum is crowded with posts...I just merged *THREE* threads about suggestions for the forums. Please try to keep them all in one place.

Everyone has been asking for regional forums, we add them, and you freak out. If you don't like it, don't go there, simple as that. Sorry to say, but not everyone is going to love the layout. We're just trying to do what makes a majority of the people happy.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:44 AM
Ricky
Banned

Okay WHO and WHY did someone change the topic of my thread? I should have the right to choose what I want as my title. It didn't contain vulgar language, it didn't have anything rude in it. Whoever did that, that was completely messed up. Keep this site simple, if we were to make a forum for everything, might as well make sub-forums off every other major forum we have.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:45 AM
Zaphod 350z

Originally posted by ZGiRL
This is why the general forum is crowded with posts...I just merged *THREE* threads about suggestions for the forums. Please try to keep them all in one place.

Everyone has been asking for regional forums, we add them, and you freak out. If you don't like it, don't go there, simple as that. Sorry to say, but not everyone is going to love the layout. We're just trying to do what makes a majority of the people happy.
Thanks for keeping my post subject! haha. Sorry, I hadn't seen Ricky's post when i created mine. The layout is great and it's definitely more condusive to the growth this site will no doubt see. I've seen plenty of forums start with a handful of users and gain popularity so quick that the forum architecture becomes horribly inadequate.

I do think a dedicated forum for user / moderator threads would be helpful.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:46 AM
Zaphod 350z

Originally posted by Ricky
Okay WHO and WHY did someone change the topic of my thread? I should have the right to choose what I want as my title. It didn't contain vulgar language, it didn't have anything rude in it. Whoever did that, that was completely messed up. Keep this site simple, if we were to make a forum for everything, might as well make sub-forums off every other major forum we have.
ZGirl merged our posts and retained my subject line. We wrote very similar threads close together so she condensed them.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:47 AM
Jill

Dude, chill out. There were three other threads about the forum, and they were all suggestions, therefore I merged them and left the title that summed it up the most. Don't freak out, it's only a thread. if you don't like it, please don't ***** and moan, just go somewhere else.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:55 AM
Ricky
Banned

Well next time you wanna change it, how aboutyou reply and leave a note so the person who created the thread knows what just happend.
Old 12-05-2002, 07:56 AM
Ricky
Banned

Originally posted by ZGiRL
please don't *****
PS- Bad language
Old 12-05-2002, 07:59 AM
Jill

Well next time you wanna change it, how aboutyou reply and leave a note so the person who created the thread knows what just happend.
You jumped in before I could respond. Funny how that happens.

People, just please give it time. We're trying to see what works and what doesn't work. This is better than nothing, right? At least you see that we care and are trying to do what's best for the site. Sorry about my "if you don't like it leave" comment. Just please try to adjust to the new forums, and be patient, give it time. (Thanks Eric!)
Old 12-05-2002, 08:03 AM
Ricky
Banned

Here, I won't say anything, but I created a poll to find out what people think. If you could PLEASE make that a topic at the top of General which stays there, maybe for only a week, so we can get the full response of everyone, and not move it to POLLS where virtually NO ONE will vote. Thanks.