Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Mechanics are Idiots!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 09:10 PM
elms350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IM Z MAN
As a Nissan tech myself, who has almost 9 years of Nissan experience, I take offense to the fact that you imply all Nissan techs are idiots. I don't consider myself to be an idiot nor do I think that of the other techs I work with. We have all been well trained in the Nissan product line and know what we are doing. Some dealerships do have quick lube techs that get most of the smaller jobs but the other techs usually check over the work. Sometimes we are just to busy to check every car though. A bad experience on something so minor should not warrant a comment like that. I don't know what you do but I'd be willing to bet you've made a mistake or two at some point. I doubt that people post that everyone with your job is an idiot for it. You completely have the right to complain all you want but please don't imply that we are all idiots.
LOL
Old 06-30-2005, 10:15 PM
NissanZfan

OK, first of all you pay the extra amount of money so you don't have "mess-ups" that careless mechanics make. What if it was a "mess-up" while installing your engine? I drive a 94 Infiniti q45, and when I was driving the gas kept cutting in and out, at times would stall. I take it to Infiniti and they say oh the knock or 02 sensors are gone(I forget what one they said) and that was going to cost around $900, not to mention your gas pump is making a humming noise which is another $300. Oh and by the way your suspention is shot, which is another $800 or so. Now I must admit if I took it to another place they probably not have mentioned the suspension because they would not have looked, but infiniti did because ofcourse they want to find something else wrong=$$$. At this point I am debating do I dump almost $2,500 in a car which is worth $5,000 at must, or go ahead and stop being cheap and get the car I have been saving to get (ofcourse the Z). I talked to somebody and took it to this whole in the wall place on telegraph Ave. in Oakland(which is a ruff place). The guy told me basically no sensor is broke, it is your gas pump. So I ordered a better suspension that the car original came with off the Internet and had him put it on, and got a gas pump and at the end paid around $700. The Infiniti dealership MIS diagnose the problem, which would have cost me all together around $1,000 extra.
Old 07-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Nano

Originally Posted by Kolia
Yeah, I've had similar problems on my first service at my dealership.

-Tire pressure was 29psi.
-Wheel nuts where impact torqued to 200lb.
-Oil drain plug and filter where supah tight.
-Car was washed and left dripping in the sun.

Wrote a nice letter to the service manager when they sent their service survey.

Never heard anything from them since...
after the horror stories I've seen and read on this board...

- do not have tire mounted at dealership EVER
- do your own oil changes (actually, do as much as you can and keep receipts...)
- Always Bring the car supah clean so they don't wash it
- wheels... remind them that torque is not 200, but 73-93