Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z+Snow = DEATH

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 08:06 PM
slay2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think technically you're supposed to install Winter/All-Performance tires on all 4 rims, otherwise there's going to be an imbalance between them.

On another note... I've spoken to a guy at Tire Rack today, who told me several things..

1) They have NO all-season tires for the 18" rims of the Z.
2) For the 17" ones, they might have some all-season Pilot tires, but you will compromise a certain amount of handling and performance in the dry seasons.

I'm yet to get the Z... but if I do, several things will happen. First, I will get a model with 18" rims. This limits me to "winter-only" tires should I need them. Being from northern NJ, I think I will probably follow Slexis's advice and not drive it in harsh snow-days. And if it gets snowed-in too frequently, I can always get those Blizzak LM-22's, albeit for $860.

This brings up another question... how do the SUMMER STOCK tires handle in RAIN ?

-slay
Old 12-10-2002, 08:37 PM
acid burn

The TireRack should carry the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. This is an All Season (hence the A/S) version of the Pilot Sport. I can't access their web site at the moment to confirm it. This wouldn't be the first time TireRack have been dumb about something like this.
Old 12-11-2002, 06:47 AM
justwant1

I believe Tirerack does have the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, but not for 18" rims. That's the issue for those of use that have the 18" rims, there doesn't appear to be any tires in that size that are all season.

As for how do the summer tires handle in the rain, in my opinion, great. I had no problem when it rained driving the car. I've had my Z since the end of third week in August and have had plenty of rain to drive in since.