Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Will Nissan ever recall or admit to their problems!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 02:47 PM
tacomaboy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jason
Transmission, mine is a bit noisy when I turn off the engine or when the transmission is hot from a good workout
Have you ever missed 2nd or 3rd and thought it was odd? My guess is you have at least a few times. Thats a mild case of what I have.

Tire feathering, Nissan took care of the issue 100% for me no problem before I even knew what it was.
And when it comes back? What then? And when you are out of warranty? A tire replacement is a band aid fix.

Axles, mine are clicking too... but there is a TSB on this. As long as the replace the faulty part quickly and professionally, I don't see what the problem is?
like the tires, this recurrs after the fix!

Seat shifting? Nozzle leak? Idle? Paint chips? (Seriously, my Super Black Z has chipped less than any other car I've owned) Gas tank issues? Fading cloth? Plastic scratching?
Alright, unless you have a clearbra, I have to raise the BS flag on you saying this car has barely chipped. I have a clearbra and I have chips all over everything that isnt covered! My neighbors looks like his was sand blasted.

Not everyone gets the gas tank thing, but have you ever put the gas nozzle on auto, and it stopped, you got in the car and it wasnt full? Thats a mild case. Mine used to not want to fill AT ALL. There is a TSB on it, Im not making it up. Others have had it to, do a search.

And please dont get me startedon the seat shifting, there is a 100 page long thread where someone fiugured out how to do it himself and like thousands of people are clamoring in joy that it worked. Too bad Nissan couldnt figure out the fix

I've never seen any of these things on my Z. Sounds like you got the shaft.
I did, and not everyones Z is a POS, but there are a good percentage that are... more so than Hondas.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:49 PM
tacomaboy

Originally Posted by Fletch69z
Yep, if you aren't happy it sounds like getting an S2000 is a good idea for you.
I hope so.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:51 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

What problems?

I got 24,000 miles out of OEM tires & could have gotten another 3-4,000. Yes, I had a minor feathering issue but thats it.

Drives great, shifts like a swiss watch, & has not developed a single rattle. Maintence costs are minimal. I just don't have anything to complain about.

I dont mind people posting there problems, and I know some have been severe, but its not representative of most folks experience.
Old 07-14-2005, 02:52 PM
tacomaboy

No, its not MOST, but its say, 5%? Dont you think thats a bit too high?

Dont you think most Rustangs last 60k miles with no problems too? Not all, of course, but most? That doesnt make them solid cars.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Jason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) I have never, not once, had a problem putting my car in gear. I simply have no had this problem, maybe it's luck.

2) My alignment was fixed on the car around 10,000 miles. I'm at almost 40,000 miles now and it hasn't come back, so I'm not worried about this being a regular issue.

3) Well... I can post pictures of my paint later if you don't believe me. I have, maybe 3 very small chips on the hood, which I think it perfectly reasonable for a car with as many miles as I have. I also have a chip on one of my mirrors, I remember that rock...

4) Hey, your seat probably does shift. Mine never has. Even if it dead, I'd take that over my MR2 - which I stopped taking in for oil changes, I'd just get the block replaced every 3,000 miles.

So yes, it sounds to me like you definately need to go buy an S2000. I think you will be happier with it, and taking our the anger of your experices with the "Z community" isn't bound to get you anywhere.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:02 PM
tacomaboy

I am only angry because people keep trying to convince me that the car is a good car... when clearly to me, its not.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:08 PM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Why not sell your car and get an 06?

They are bound to have fewer problems...

Do whatever you want, but if my car was giving me trouble and I LOVED it otherwise, I would get a newer model if it was available. In the case of the Z, it is.

JMO in any case.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:08 PM
03FIDDYZ

its difference in opinions so lets all shut up
Old 07-14-2005, 03:09 PM
tacomaboy

lol
Old 07-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Jason

So what are you trying to accomplish here? You're insulting every single member of this board by saying their car sucks. Of course people on a board of enthusiasts are going to stick up for the car they drive and love.

Nobody is saying you are making false statements. Everybody wishes you would have liked the car, but it didn't work out for you. Your experience and perception of the car has been bad. That sucks. Sell it and move on.

Don't let you anger turn you into a troll.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:12 PM
tacomaboy

I never said the car sucks, I said the build quality is poor and I have clearly have evidence that proves it..

I am not trolling either, I have only responded to threads that already dealt with issues and have discussed that I am now on my third tranny and I am not alone.

Note, when people are looking at buying a Z, I haven't gone in and started blasting it. But if someone says OH my tranny is grinding, I pipe up. Thats fair if you ask me.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:13 PM
tacomaboy

Originally Posted by Z2000Maximaguy
Why not sell your car and get an 06?

They are bound to have fewer problems...

Do whatever you want, but if my car was giving me trouble and I LOVED it otherwise, I would get a newer model if it was available. In the case of the Z, it is.

JMO in any case.

I have thought about that actually.. or an 05, it would be easier for me to try and get Nissan to take the car from me as trade in (paying off my car)...

but man, I honestly dont trust them any more. After all the transmission that JUST got replaced is bound to come off the same assembly line as the ones sitting there new in the lot!
Old 07-14-2005, 03:18 PM
NissanZfan

Tacomaboy.......I assume you have an 03?
Old 07-14-2005, 03:19 PM
tacomaboy

No, an 04, I bought it in November 04, and have 15,300 miles on it

But a week before I took it in for work, a couple I drove past a couple and shifted into 5th GRRRRIND.... they pointed and started freaking laughing at me.

Last edited by tacomaboy; 07-14-2005 at 03:21 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:24 PM
NissanZfan

Wow, that makes me wonder if I should wait for a 06 or very least get an 05. I dont care what excuse people come up with, 15,000 miles is nothing and should not be having these problems.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:30 PM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MannishBoy
That's a bit harsh. Lots of sports cars don't feather tires and have as much negative camber (or more). Nissan screwed up. I could even see wear on the inside without having feathered blocks like we see.
So what is the "fix?"

I've heard a lot of theories from amatuer mechanics but nothing definitive from a qualified suspension engineer. Is the Independent 3-link aluminum-alloy front suspension on the Z some new proprietary design that Nissan took a gamble with? Google says Mercedes and Range Rover use it.

I've had my car aligned three time in about a years time, for pulling to the right, so it seems prone to being knocked out easily. But while agressive negative camber will wear the inside tire out first, the toe setting needs to be dead on to avoid the roar associated with a scrubbed tire:
"Additionally the vehicle's toe is one of the most critical alignment settings relative to tire wear. A toe setting that is just a little off its appropriate setting can make a huge difference in their wear. Consider that if the toe setting is just 1/16-inch off of its appropriate setting, each tire on that axle will scrub almost seven feet sideways every mile! Extend it out and you'll discover that rather than running parallel to each other, the front tires will scrub over 1/4-mile sideways during every 100 miles of driving! Incorrect toe will rob you of tire life."—from Tirerack
So maybe the solution is a combination of alignments every 6 months and tire-off cross-rotation of our unidirectional tires.
Old 07-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Dream

Originally Posted by tacomaboy
I am only angry because people keep trying to convince me that the car is a good car... when clearly to me, its not.
*shrug* Your Z sucks. I'll back you on that. Don't let people tell you otherwise, but don't get all bent out of shape because other people are saying that their cars don't suck.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:12 PM
PDX_Racer

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

On the S2Ks, just watch for the separating front suspension...the welds break.

Oh, and don't do a lot of high-RPM dumps, the rear axles won't last too long.

(according to Solo II and Pro Solo competitors)

Still, the S2K is a nice car. I personally don't like the look of the front end and convertables and rain don't mix too well, but otherwise they are nice cars.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:17 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tacomaboy
No, its not MOST, but its say, 5%? Dont you think thats a bit too high?

Dont you think most Rustangs last 60k miles with no problems too? Not all, of course, but most? That doesnt make them solid cars.

5%??? From what I've been reading it seems like half the people have or had problems with it. Or it could be I am just seeing all the bad things. I don't care so much about feathering, as long as I don't need new tires more than twice a year. For me, it's all the tranny probs and driveline that are bothering me. Like the people who are on their 2nd or 3rd tranny while still under warrenty. I mean I guess if the car can live until the warranty expires, maybe by then I would have enough saved up to buy a whole different aftermarket tranny :-( But then again if they built a quality product and gave a crap about their customers, I wouldn't have to buy a good one.

On another not there was a shinny new red GT in our parking lot at work today and ya know it actually doesn't look all that horrible after all but Ford's have their own issues too.

Cheap a$$ cars:-(
Old 07-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Qbrozen

Originally Posted by Chad68
5%??? From what I've been reading it seems like half the people have or had problems with it. Or it could be I am just seeing all the bad things.
That's exactly it: you are seeing all the bad things. Few details at play here... one is that the same people post over and over and over again about the same problems. So it looks like alot of posts ... but if you were to break it down by owner, you'll find its far less than it seems. Second, like I always say, those with problems are much louder than those without. Folks who are happily enjoying their cars are FAR less likely to seek out a place where they can share their experiences than those who are having problems.

Quick Reply: Will Nissan ever recall or admit to their problems!?