Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Will Nissan ever recall or admit to their problems!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 11:45 AM
orion350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmybevis
While Nissan made the original errors with the tires feathering, I believe your problem lies with your dealer, not Nissan.

I am on my third set of tires (and second drivers side window motor) and my dealer has never hesitated in replacing these parts. In one case they didnt even look at the tires, but just ordered a new set.

I have a car that has 14,000 miles on it but with tires of 4,000. I dont think thats a bad deal. Just choose a better dealer.

Just wait until you reach 31k miles..... Nissan will then tell you and your front tires to go F yourself. Hell, nissan was great with me until I hit that magic marker, then they wanted nothing to do with me. Happy waiting.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:40 PM
Bran_BranZ33

Originally Posted by Vitamin Z
What dealership did you go to? My dealer refused to change my rear tires as only front tires are covered under the TSB.

i went to Carriage Nissan in Gainsville. ask for Trent or Craig really nice guys. i think the reason why they changed my rear tires aswell is because in January i took my car in because of the stupid PSI light would not go off. they put the psi up to 41 and i got middle tire wear on the rears. so i *****ed and they replaced. its as simple as that...lol

but i think some people are right about the resale value of our cars dropin once the average joe finds out about all the issues some of us are having. if i was as well informed as i am now i would not have bought a new 03 SB i think i would have gone with a New 05 DB or CS. my car might be up for sale soon...hehe

Last edited by Bran_BranZ33; 07-16-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:59 PM
mxpx_8

Originally Posted by Kevin3
As we probably all know, almost everyone with a Z experiences the same problems...tires feathering, alignment, trans... (which should indicate there is a REAL problem)

A few weeks ago I went to a Nissan dealership and was talking to the sales manager and a guy that works in the parts and services dept. First I wanted to know what was going on with my horribly disfigured tires. They parts guy told me that it was MY fault. "I should have alignment jobs done more often", " I was taking corners too fast", " I was apparently driving the car too rough",..the list goes on and on! But anyway, it was basically "Its all your fault, Nissan has nothing to do with it!"

As I was about to leave the dealership, I stopped to check out the new Maximas. They had one with "demo, save $$$" written on the window. I actually considered trading my car in for a Maxima if I could get a good deal because the loud noise from my tires were driving me insane!

When I started talking prices with the sales manager, he would hardly give me anything at all for the Z. Infact, he told me that I would be much better off by selling the Z and then putting cash down on a Maxima. He said, "We dont really like to take in used Zs here at this lot because all of the Nissan's problems with them."

It came clear to me then that the story of the Z problems are completely different depending which side of the table you are sitting! Its all my fault when Im buying and owning, but it all Nissan's fault when selling or trading in!

Here is some news that may give you some ideas:

I am happy to report that as of Friday July 15 I have won my suit against Nissan North America. They are buying back my Z for full purchase price, paying my lawyer fees and relieving me of one POS car!!!!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has made posts in regards to the tire feathering issue. I really appreciate the help. It paid off in the long run for me.

On a very funny note: I never once replaced the tires on my Z. Soo what that means is that they are getting their crap car back with worn out tires. But hey…they told me ‘it is normal for tires to wear like that/this on sports cars’. So I guess they are going to keep those tires on the car

Good luck to anyone else who is looking to offload their lemon of a car. They did not even put up any type of fight in my case. My lawyer said that class-action suit helped my case because Nissan more-than-likely would not call one of their technical experts to the stand because their testimony could set a president for the class-action suit.

If you are on the fence about suing I would recommend going for it. I only took my car to the dealership two times. Both times they would not help me so I sued and won!