Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

got my first door ding

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 07:37 PM
icice9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got my first door ding

just washed my car today and while dryin her off i noticed a door ding on the drivers side door... WTH!!! ive only had my car for 6 months and my car was perfect!!! just pisses me off that some people have no respect for other peoples cars... ive always been careful where i parl.. ill park way out there if i know that the spot is too tight.. what sux is my car is black and on the body line. every lil imprecection shows like theres no tomorrow... man im just soo pissed right now...
Old 07-24-2005, 07:47 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$75 and she'll be right.

Believe it or not I bought my car with two dings right off the dealer's lot with 12 miles on it. The dealer's ding guy got them both out 100% - I can't even tell they were there.

People suck. I caught one lady's child who kicked open the door on her 1960's Caddy into the side of my SUV while I was sitting in it. I spit my burger out and stared open mouth at her as she took her child inside McD's. Once I recovered I went out and looked the the huge dent her darling put into my three month old SUV and went in after her.

She hid in the bathroom for 25 minutes before coming out. I took her outside to examine the damage. Oh, that wasn't my car. I said beg your pardon, are you calling me a God Damn Liar? Open your door and you'll note where this $500 worth of damage on my God Damn brand new truck lines up perfectly where your little girl kicked open the door ... so you want to exchange insurance company names or should I just call the cops and claim hit and run.

There was about 30 people standing around after I got done shouting ... and taking pictures.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Z-INCOGNITO

Sorry to hear Isaac, but it is inevitable...

Keep an eye out for the next dent day in NorCal
Old 07-24-2005, 08:35 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did they do a cut job to it or did they do some spot painting? 'Cause I got a door ding and it has gone through the paint and into the primer.

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
$75 and she'll be right.

Believe it or not I bought my car with two dings right off the dealer's lot with 12 miles on it. The dealer's ding guy got them both out 100% - I can't even tell they were there.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:52 PM
rayt

Cheap alternative.......Import sponsor stickers. They go right over if the ding isn't too bad and no one will ever know. While I'm not a big fan of putting stickers on my car, it sure looks a lot better than a ding.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:21 PM
elms350Z

Don't feel so bad. The first one is always the hardest one to get over. I have 5 in the 3 months I've owned my 05. 4 on the passenger and one on the driver. The passenger side looks horrific. I'd post a pic but it's that bad. I few more and I'm gonna take it to a shop to get them removed. But sh*t happens and that's life. Not everyone is courteous or respectful of other people's property. All I have to say is Karma.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:52 AM
mikewagon

what is this karma you talk about? everyone is on the karma bandwagon. break someones tailight, and watch, yours will not be broken later.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:28 AM
iheartZ

yea man the first one is always the killer... mine was more than a ding tho...my dad;s friend scraped his bumper alll the way from the beginning to the back of my door... i had to drive around with this monstruous dent... but i got it fixed thru his insurance
Old 07-25-2005, 08:37 AM
icice9

yeah it really sux... i hope it can get fixed without getting it repainted.. bad part is its right on the body line..
Old 07-25-2005, 08:47 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by dave079
Paul how did that incident turn out?
No shots were fired.

That was my very first day in Washington state following a three day drive up from Riverside. The military will ship firearms but not ammo but I don't trust the movers with my weapons so there was a rather "large" collection of rifles, pistols, and shotguns in the back of my SUV plus a whole bunch of ammo.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:50 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Did they do a cut job to it or did they do some spot painting? 'Cause I got a door ding and it has gone through the paint and into the primer.
Whatever they did is invisible and perfect. These were light dings caused by another Z along the row of Z's at the dealers. I looked at every other one of the dozen or so Z's there and none of them had dings - just the one my wife picked out! The ding was right at the crease of the door. I told the dealer that if he didn't get the ding out completely that he would never hear the end of it from me.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:20 AM
lightforce18

some indian lady pulled up next to me at work when i was in my car reading something.

Her mom opens her door and its very windy mind you just let the wind take the door BAM into my maxima. I got out and showed her the chip she made, and he said i didnt make that chip sorry and went shopping.

I was going to KEY her car and drive off, but I said forget it.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Fletch69z

Man that sucks. I had one little door ding on the passenger side of mine when I bought it but it's not that bad. I'll get it fixed sometime...
Old 07-25-2005, 10:58 AM
RED HOT Z

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
No shots were fired.

That was my very first day in Washington state following a three day drive up from Riverside. The military will ship firearms but not ammo but I don't trust the movers with my weapons so there was a rather "large" collection of rifles, pistols, and shotguns in the back of my SUV plus a whole bunch of ammo.

Wow paul 3 days to get to Washington i took me not even a full day of non stop driving from Chino California, just about a month ago.

You must of had the hershey squirts. Jk
Old 07-26-2005, 12:36 PM
spacemn_spiff

I got my first door ding today. Very very tiny, only visible to me, I swear I will never park it in a crowded lot.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Bertg

That sucks. Just take it to to Dent Wizard, or a similar place and your Z should look like new.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Racer Z
Banned

You should have called the cops and reported it as a hit and run....Got her license plate# and sued the f*ck out of her curry goat eatin' azz....MF Indians are cheap as f*ck...they don't wanna pay for nuttin'

You are waaaay too nice of a person, dude!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:31 PM
ZlleH

Dude, your comment is pretty ignorant. You are being as ignorant as the lady who walked away from his ding. Shame on you. What's even more shameful is that for about two hours, no one on this board has challenged your ignorance.

Originally Posted by Racer Z
You should have called the cops and reported it as a hit and run....Got her license plate# and sued the f*ck out of her curry goat eatin' azz....MF Indians are cheap as f*ck...they don't wanna pay for nuttin'

You are waaaay too nice of a person, dude!
Old 07-26-2005, 03:44 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Nah, I would've keyed a huge "Z was here" on her car. Forget hit and run or calling cops. Just good old vigilante payback...

Quick Reply: got my first door ding