Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a good test is to turn on cruise control in 6th gear

cruise at 60-70mph

and depress the clutch... I don't remember seeing the revs shoot up
Old 07-29-2005, 08:24 AM
TiPIACE

lol rev matching on the 6MT, now ive heard it all

blipping the throttle on downshifts doesnt mean an rpm rise by 100. If Nissan somehow were the innovators here and worked out how to do it on a driver controlled clutch (i.e; not semi manual) then im sure they would have programmed it to rev a bit more so that everyone would know about it, and theyd have more text to fill the brochure
Old 07-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Aggro_Al

Originally Posted by Kolia
The flywheel will never accelerate on it’s own when you unload it.
Sorry for the confusion, I know that the flywheel can't accelerate on it's own. What I wanted to show is that there is a loss between the flywheel and the drivewheels that we attribute to drivetrain loss.

You’re basically saying that an engine kept at 40% throttle will spin faster with zero load than one fighting mechanical and aero drag? I think it’s pretty obvious to everybody.
I think we are talking the same thing. The original poster said that the increase in RPM is due to the 6MT ECU's ability to automatically blip the throttle while shifting. I'm trying to say that the increase in RPM was not due to the ECU automatically blipping because the 6MT doesn't have automatic rev-matching or blipping.

Last edited by Aggro_Al; 07-29-2005 at 08:50 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:41 AM
Fletch69z

I find the blip to be pretty annoying because it never matches up during regular driving without a delay. It results in rough shifting during normal driving. Maybe I'll just get a lightweight flywheel, .
Old 07-29-2005, 09:28 AM
spacemn_spiff

Originally Posted by Aggro_Al
What I wanted to show is that there is a loss between the flywheel and the drivewheels that we attribute to drivetrain loss.
The original poster said that the increase in RPM is due to the 6MT ECU's ability to automatically blip the throttle while shifting. I'm trying to say that the increase in RPM was not due to the ECU automatically blipping because the 6MT doesn't have automatic rev-matching or blipping.
I never used the word rev-matching, just blip is just quick tap on the pedal or quick opening/closing of the throttle.

Drivetrain loss is irrelevant to this discussion and so is Power equation.

Rather, just a "lag" when comming off the throttle.
So this lag is what I was talking about, it was termed as blip. The effect of the lag is the blip.
And this lag is because of the ECU. My pedal is all the way up when shifting, so its not me. So if I wait long enough, the ECU catches up and there is no blip.

In which case, when we depress the clutch, the rpm drops immediately because the inertia of the car was what was keeping the engine spinning.
Just to add to what was said above, the rpm drops when you depress the clutch is because of engine friction and not because of engine inertia if someone got that idea from the post, because if you remember inertia is tendency to stay in motion or rest.

Last edited by spacemn_spiff; 07-29-2005 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:54 PM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So we all agree ?