Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

OFFICIAL NISSAN RESPONSE: Front-End Alignment Warranty Extension

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 06:34 AM
gto88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received the letter yesterday.
I believe that you guys should receive it soon.
Show they the letter from Nissan, and they will have no execuse.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:32 AM
LugZ

Originally Posted by ZlleH
The day after I saw this thread, I printed out the announcement and brought it to the dealership. They told me that they have never seend this before and that they will go check to see if there is anything like this on their network. The service guy came back and told me that nissan had not sent this out to them. He told me that he will keep the printout and that he will call me back NEXT WEEK and tell me if he found anything (this was on a Tuesday).

I went back to the office and called NNA, I waited on the line for 30 minutes (no joke) I was about to lose it on the phone when I finally got someone on the line, but he turned out to be awsome and nice. I told him about the announcement and he put me on hold to check it out. He came back and told me that he had the announcement and that I should go to my local dealer for the check.

I told him what happened and he was very upset and asked for the Dealership's address and the person that told me he never saw the annoucnement. He told me that dealership always get these announcement ahead of time before Nissan releases it.

The next day, early morning. The guy who told me he was going to call me NEXT WEEK to tell me if he found anything... called and told me how he miracilously found the announcement and that he wants me to come back so they can do a check on my tire.

I just left my car at the dealership and will update you guys this afternoon after I pick up the car.

BTW: I'm in Canada.
Sweet
Old 08-11-2005, 08:36 AM
mofoz

I have springs, shocks, sways, and camber arms. I wonder if there's any chance in hell i will get my terribly feathered tires covered. the inner edge on mine are smooth as silk.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:23 AM
drifter23

Got my letter from Nissan North America yesterday. And will be getting a full refund for my front tires...YESSSsssssss.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:39 AM
LouD

Just got new front replacement tires after 19,500 miles under Nissan's extended 04 alignment/feathering warranty. The new tires are still called Potenza 040's, but the outer edge tread block is noticibly smaller than the originals (about 0.5".) Bridgestone has definitely redesigned this tire. Maybe the s****y 040's WERE the major contribution to the problem!
Old 08-11-2005, 12:00 PM
donricouga

Subscribing ...
I already had my tires replaced about 4 months ago. Bought my car in Oct 04' so i am hoping near oct 07', i'll get new tires for free
Old 08-11-2005, 12:12 PM
black300zx

Wow haven't posted in a while. I', glad to see Nissan finally doing something more than alignments and including the 04s. But it looks like the problem causing the feathering is still not fixed, instead they changed the TIRE to compensate for it (the inside edge of the tire has been changed so no feathering will occure). Good solution except you're stuck with THAT brand/model tire if you don't want to get feathering in a car that has the problem. At least this should cure it for most people.

Last edited by black300zx; 08-11-2005 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:59 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: I just got my car back and they did a free alignment and gave me new front tires. Definately going back to Walkly Nissan, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Very fast and professional. (After they got a call from nissan )

I forgot how quiet it was slowing down and just cruising slowly without those frikin roaring tires. I can now enjoy the full experience of my Borla True Dual Exhuast.

BTW: When I went to pick up my car, I saw 4 other Zs there and found out they all came in for the tire feathering announcement.

Originally Posted by ZlleH
The day after I saw this thread, I printed out the announcement and brought it to the dealership. They told me that they have never seend this before and that they will go check to see if there is anything like this on their network. The service guy came back and told me that nissan had not sent this out to them. He told me that he will keep the printout and that he will call me back NEXT WEEK and tell me if he found anything (this was on a Tuesday).

I went back to the office and called NNA, I waited on the line for 30 minutes (no joke) I was about to lose it on the phone when I finally got someone on the line, but he turned out to be awsome and nice. I told him about the announcement and he put me on hold to check it out. He came back and told me that he had the announcement and that I should go to my local dealer for the check.

I told him what happened and he was very upset and asked for the Dealership's address and the person that told me he never saw the annoucnement. He told me that dealership always get these announcement ahead of time before Nissan releases it.

The next day, early morning. The guy who told me he was going to call me NEXT WEEK to tell me if he found anything... called and told me how he miracilously found the announcement and that he wants me to come back so they can do a check on my tire.

I just left my car at the dealership and will update you guys this afternoon after I pick up the car.

BTW: I'm in Canada.

Last edited by ZlleH; 08-11-2005 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:59 PM
FunZee

I had made an appointment with my local dealer for thismorning..............I had to reschedule due to my work load. The dealer stated he had "no knowledge" of this problem last week and told me I would have to pay for this alignment because I was under miles but just over 1 year. I gald I waited.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:23 PM
arejohn

You guys that are getting new tires and free alignment, how about posting the before and after alignement numbers for those of us that are trying to determine what the "rest of the story" is.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:55 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL, I was just about to make a new thread titled: "Before and After specs for new alignment TSB"

But I'll put it here:

Left Front:
______ | Actual: | Before: | Specified Range:
Camber | -1.1 | -1.1 | -1.3 0.2
Caster_ | 8.0 | 8.0 | 7.4 8.9
Toe___ | 0.10 | 0.15 | 4.3 5.8

Right Front:
______ | Actual: | Before: | Specified Range:
Camber | -0.7 | -0.7 | -1.3 0.2
Caster_ | 8.5 | 8.5 | 7.4 8.9
Toe___ | 0.10 | 0.01 | 4.3 5.8

I just noticed that they realigned all 4 wheels and just not the front. I won't put down the spec for the rear since this is about the front tires.

PS: damn, that ascii attempt of a table up there sucks >_<;;

Originally Posted by arejohn
You guys that are getting new tires and free alignment, how about posting the before and after alignement numbers for those of us that are trying to determine what the "rest of the story" is.

Last edited by ZlleH; 08-11-2005 at 01:57 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:22 PM
rjpaterson
Z Enthusiast

Got my letter today. WIll be making an appointment for this weekend
Old 08-11-2005, 05:13 PM
BlueBlur

I was just told about this today by a lady @ NNA & was talking to her about a Catalitic converter problem as well.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:24 PM
leelong2k

Hi guys,
I'm a new member. I wonder how to determine this tire noise issue? Can any one please tell me? Thx.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:28 PM
CZredZ

I took my 2004 in to Courtesy Nissan in Richardson (Dallas) TX expecting to have to pay for an alignment. The Service rep said Hey we just got a new TSB. Got 2 tires and alignment for free. Got home and I had my letter sitting in the mail box. Makes me feel a little better.

Leelong2k - I first started noticing extra rosd noise when I was slowing down, like dropping from 40 mph to 20 mph as I came up to a traffic light. It just gets worse from there. Started noticing around 9,000 miles. was driving me crazy it was so loud around 11,000 miles.

Last edited by CZredZ; 08-11-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:33 PM
CZredZ

ALSO - you may want to get in fast as I bet the next issue is they run out of tires and you'll have to wait for them to re-stock. First come first serve.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:40 PM
JoneZZZ

Originally Posted by leelong2k
Hi guys,
I'm a new member. I wonder how to determine this tire noise issue? Can any one please tell me? Thx.
You have PM.......
Old 08-11-2005, 05:58 PM
seabass

Nissan's still about money... not taking care of their loyal 350z customers as the letter states.
To many lawyers winning to many "settlements" is what caused this new stall tactic.

You'll be out of warranty and have no case in 36 months.

Good move nissan
Old 08-11-2005, 07:10 PM
arejohn

Zlleh:

Thanks for the numbers. I am going to start following this stuff. I love puzzels.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL NISSAN RESPONSE: Front-End Alignment Warranty Extension