Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

pulled over for tint

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 12:56 PM
oren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if i ever see a cop i just make sure my windows are down, and i prentend like im busy, so they dont suspect anything. Try and act like they arent there, i talk on my cellphone head set or sing along with my music.

btw this is what 15% looks like
Attached Thumbnails pulled over for tint-tints.jpg  
Old 08-29-2005, 12:57 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with you that he broke the law on the tint, but the registration? The ticket for not having yoru registration on you is just a kick in the nuts for having a nice car. The officer could have given him a 48 or 72 hour grace period to bring the registration to the local police station to have the ticket voided.

I'll pay the price if I get caught for speeding. But getting a ticket for not having your registration on you without having a grace period is just being an a$$. What if your girlfriend/wife was cleaning out the car and took it out by mistake? In his case, he found the registration while the cop was writing the ticket. The cop could have then made a comment on the ticket to give him a grace period to show his regisration at the station.

You have to admit, the cop was being a ***** on the registration.

As for cop hating, I work for a government agency that developes softwares for cops, detectives, and crime analyst. And I know both sides of the story. Even they have cop hating stories of their own And they agree making you pay for not having registration on you with no grace period is being a *****(happened to me).

Also with my work, I'm required to do ride-alongs with cops to see if they need anything else in the software to make their job easier and believe me, these cops have lots of sh|t to do! It's only when they don't have a call, they go and pull people over for running red lights and speeding, they make more notes for their reports, etc. It's better then just sitting around eating donuts. One ride-along, I was with a cop for a 12 hour shift, we only ate once!!

I give you cops respect, but ya got to admit, even cops can be ****** on the job just like anyone else can be ****** on their job It just sucks that you guys can be ****** with a lot of authority at your disposal.

Originally Posted by lightner22
I'm a Officer in PG county and was planning on helping you out after reading this thread, but the "I really hate cops" comment killed any notion of that. Anyway...you broke the law and got caught. I'm not sure what the problem is??

Last edited by ZlleH; 08-29-2005 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:06 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

in CA, pay $150 for fix ticket and you don't have to remove the tint. I'll just pay and be more carefull with it. Alway roll down just to avoid the hassle.

as for lightner22, what can you do? i'll still don't like cop no matter what. Just buch of bs people.

Last edited by Bubble; 08-29-2005 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:33 PM
lightner22

Sure cops can be jerks just like anyone else. I'm sure if you've done one ride along then you've seen someone talk their way into a ticket that would have otherwise been a warning. I've been petty before but its not without cause. Heck, sometimes I'll write someone for not having their registration to help them out believe it or not. They can come to court and plead guilty to that minor $55 fine and I'll throw out a more serious fine ($275) that carries points etc, in some cases possible jail time.
It's impossible to know who was being the jerk in this case without being there though. If he gave the cop the "I hate cops" attitude I can imagine why he got the petty ticket. I still will never understand why some people swear cops are actually out to get them.

Originally Posted by ZlleH
I agree with you that he broke the law on the tint, but the registration? The ticket for not having yoru registration on you is just a kick in the nuts for having a nice car. The officer could have given him a 48 or 72 hour grace period to bring the registration to the local police station to have the ticket voided.

I'll pay the price if I get caught for speeding. But getting a ticket for not having your registration on you without having a grace period is just being an a$$. What if your girlfriend/wife was cleaning out the car and took it out by mistake? In his case, he found the registration while the cop was writing the ticket. The cop could have then made a comment on the ticket to give him a grace period to show his regisration at the station.

You have to admit, the cop was being a ***** on the registration.

As for cop hating, I work for a government agency that developes softwares for cops, detectives, and crime analyst. And I know both sides of the story. Even they have cop hating stories of their own And they agree making you pay for not having registration on you with no grace period is being a *****(happened to me).

Also with my work, I'm required to do ride-alongs with cops to see if they need anything else in the software to make their job easier and believe me, these cops have lots of sh|t to do! It's only when they don't have a call, they go and pull people over for running red lights and speeding, they make more notes for their reports, etc. It's better then just sitting around eating donuts. One ride-along, I was with a cop for a 12 hour shift, we only ate once!!

I give you cops respect, but ya got to admit, even cops can be ****** on the job just like anyone else can be ****** on their job It just sucks that you guys can be ****** with a lot of authority at your disposal.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:53 PM
rs350z

You are not allowed to tint your front windows in NH. It sucks. I want to tint my front windows and get it inspected in the summer with the windows down ahahahahah
Old 08-29-2005, 03:55 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

I still will never understand why some people swear cops are actually out to get them.
because you have a quota that you need to fullfill each month.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:24 PM
lungta

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am from GA and i want to visit a friend for a couple days in D.C and in MD. My windows are tinted 20 percent all the way around. Will i get I in any trouble ???
Old 08-29-2005, 05:55 PM
ZRA

Cool

I have Approx. 37% tint sides and back in N.C. Max in N.C. is35%. It was installed by Professional tinting Co. They gave me a statement showing my measured tint. The Co. said that Nissan has Approx. 3% tinting on the windows from the factory. Didn't know that. In N.C. you have to have the tint % measured, as well as emission to renew your yearly inspection. My tint installation cost me 200 dollars.