2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do you carry a gun in your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 06:36 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Low J.
....responsible armed citizens....
hmm...that term seems like an oxymoron to me!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:16 PM
Low J.
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usmanasif
....responsible armed citizens....

You've got to be joking.....a responsible armed citizen protects the lives of his family....a responsible armed citizen defends innocent civilians against violence.......if a responsible armed citizens were allowed on planes on 9/11 we'd have only had a handful of corpses to deal with.....those of terrorists.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:10 PM
boma

You could kill someone with a hammer or a power drill, does that mean we shouldn't buy hammers or drills? Heck you could kill someone with your barehands.
Old 09-05-2005, 09:36 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

unarmed victims sounds pretty stupid to me.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:05 AM
mchong75

I carry a KimberAmerica .45 Compact Stainless II handgun. I mainly carry it in the car when I take it to the gun range.

However, I DO carry it with me when I'm on my motorcycle. There's way too many dumbass trying to run you over.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:16 AM
kt350z

I do not carry a gun because I know I will use it then I will be in prison the rest of my life.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:40 PM
usmanasif

You've got to be joking.....a responsible armed citizen protects the lives of his family....a responsible armed citizen defends innocent civilians against violence.......if a responsible armed citizens were allowed on planes on 9/11 we'd have only had a handful of corpses to deal with.....those of terrorists.
Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
unarmed victims sounds pretty stupid to me.
Our personal degree of responsibility is a value we assign to ourselves, so it is inherently flawed. Most people consider themselves to be responsible drivers but few really are. So if Joe S. buys a gun because he "will never" use it irresponsably and then shoots and kills someone he "knew for a fact" meant him harm, he just transferred the burden of proof onto himself for the degree of "responsibility" he was feeling at the time. And when the state tries him and discovers that his personal feeling of "responsibility" was indeed flawed when he pulled the trigger, he sits in jail for the rest of life, forever cursing the moment when he first bought the firearm.

Think about that for a second. To each his own. Peace.

Last edited by usmanasif; 09-06-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Low J.
Banned

Our personal degree of responsibility is a value we assign to ourselves, so it is inherently flawed. Most people consider themselves to be responsible drivers but few really are. So if Joe S. buys a gun because he "will never" use it irresponsably and then shoots and kills someone he "knew for a fact" meant him harm, he just transferred the burden of proof onto himself for the degree of "responsibility" he was feeling at the time. And when the state tries him and discovers that his personal feeling of "responsibility" was indeed flawed when he pulled the trigger, he sits in jail for the rest of life, forever cursing the moment when he first bought the firearm.

Think about that for a second. To each his own. Peace.

That's why you've gotta have training and be very aware of the laws before you carry.
Old 09-06-2005, 03:55 PM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Happiness is a warm gun,
Happiness is a warm gun - ahaa.
When I hold you in my arms,
And I feel my finger on your trigger,
I know nobody can do me no harm,
Because happiness is a warm, Happiness is a warm gun - Yes it is Happiness is a warm - Yes it is - gun.
Happiness is a warm gun...
Old 09-07-2005, 08:21 AM
up2nogood

Yes I carry one, but only to shoot this $30k rat in the fuel tank once it blows a tranny.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:08 AM
350zQ45a

Originally Posted by up2nogood
Yes I carry one, but only to shoot this $30k rat in the fuel tank once it blows a tranny.

Wow I am literally laughing out loud.

This is a great thread with many interesting topics. I for sure enjoyed reading the Canadian point of view, whch is as usual completely different then that of most Americans.

I must say the thought of carrying a gun scares me, simply due to all the implications that go with it. I don't think most people consider these implications, and are awfuly surprised when they are faced with all the legal issues that follow the use of a gun.

Pepper spray sucks, I think a good alternative is a taser. I checked one out at the local gun store, and I was impressed. You can either fire it or use direct body contact.

I know TASR is being sued right now, but mostly they are safe. They seem to only cause problem swith people in very poor health or who had some sort of heart problem prior to being taser'd.

Without all the legal implications of firing a gun, I wonder just how bad it would get.

Whenever I meet a law enforcement dude I ask him about the TASR, and so far I haven't heard any negatives.

You can stun the guy leave the gun there, and TASR will give you a new one for free.
Old 09-07-2005, 10:48 AM
Low J.
Banned

Originally Posted by 350zQ45a
I know TASR is being sued right now, but mostly they are safe. They seem to only cause problem swith people in very poor health or who had some sort of heart problem prior to being taser'd.

Without all the legal implications of firing a gun, I wonder just how bad it would get.

Whenever I meet a law enforcement dude I ask him about the TASR, and so far I haven't heard any negatives.

You can stun the guy leave the gun there, and TASR will give you a new one for free.

Well, you can only taser one guy.......thugs usually like to pair up at a minimum
Old 09-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Diesel350

Right now I'm carrying a mag light in my car. So the next time my life feels threatened can I bust out the mag light and beat the living heck out of them without any lawful implications?
Old 09-07-2005, 11:56 AM
Low J.
Banned

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Right now I'm carrying a mag light in my car. So the next time my life feels threatened can I bust out the mag light and beat the living heck out of them without any lawful implications?

Not in North Carolina. Here you can only use equal force to defend yourself. So, if you attack someone with a mag light and he only has his fists then you could get a felony assault charge or attempted murder depending on the severity of the a$$ whipping.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:58 AM
JCat
---------------
Premier Member

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Click here for an option
Old 09-07-2005, 12:19 PM
arlingtonz

Honestly one of the most troubling quotes I've seen in a long time....just read through that a few times carefully and concentrate on the last few words. I hope Canada isn't breeding more Stalin Jr's.
I was thinking the exact same thing...scary
Old 09-07-2005, 12:26 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

9mm Glock 26 under the seat. Gives me piece of mind. If I know I'm gonna have a couple of drinks, I won't carry concealed. Alcohol impairs judgement. I wouldn't want to be responsible for making a bad decision and killing someone.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:11 PM
Low J.
Banned

Originally Posted by vo7848
If I know I'm gonna have a couple of drinks, I won't carry concealed. Alcohol impairs judgement. I wouldn't want to be responsible for making a bad decision and killing someone.
In most states it's illegal to concealed carry while having any alcohol at all anyways. In NC you actually can't even carry at all into any establishment that sells and serves alcohol or where an admission is charged. Your policy is definitely a good one though no matter what the law is.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:19 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I choose to exercise my rights. I rotate between my two Sigs, Glock, and Para-Ordnance.

I will not become a victim.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Lerxst

Originally Posted by arlingtonz
I was thinking the exact same thing...scary
I hope my clarification has eased your concerns...

Quick Reply: Do you carry a gun in your Z?