Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do you carry a gun in your Z?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 12:39 PM
M3This

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bunch of people I know carry here in Vegas ... If you get your permit you can also get it extended to NV/AZ/UT. One of the best things about the permit is its match up with your lic plates so when law enforcement runs your plates it comes up as "armed citizen" and they usually will just pull someone else over (unless your DUI or being reckless).
Old 09-19-2005, 07:06 PM
FairladyZX

Besides your CCW, your Zed is also one deadly weapon if you know how to use it. lol
Old 09-19-2005, 07:26 PM
corsair

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No gun, but I do have a Bazooka mounted to the strut bar.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:12 AM
nathanwl2004

Default the final word

Originally Posted by Low J.
Only if you're in imbalanced idiotic hothead. Responsible gun owners like myself to everything to avoid trouble. Nobody should even know you're carrying unless you're going to use it to defend a life and there's no way to avoid it. Using it be tough or to threaten is moronic.

I think you put it just right, low j.

but there are some consciderations to that situation. first of all, if your carrying, you can't go flipping people off anymore because legally you could have avoided the situation by not esculating it in the first place. if for some reason you had to use it and the guy lived he would most certainly use that against you in court.

having a weapon is all about common sense. if you can do anything at all possible (including swallow you pride and just leave the situation) you must do it. otherwise it will bite you in the *** when your in court.

but there is no substitute for carrying a firearm and knowing the law aswell as how to use it when it comes to personal protection.

just like the told us before we deployed to baghdad "better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"
Old 11-14-2005, 02:04 AM
paulsmansfield

Originally Posted by jcn30127
In Georgia you do not need a license to carry in your car. Your car is an extension of your home. It is VERY easy to get a license to carry. It is just a form you fill out at your county office.

http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/georgia

I thank the Lord I am not American!
Old 11-14-2005, 02:14 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by paulsmansfield
As do we...
Old 11-14-2005, 04:39 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by paulsmansfield
I'll be visiting your country all this week. I'm sure it will be interesting.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:56 AM
350Z007

I like the little flip open compartment. Glock .40 cal fits perfect in there.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:56 AM
maxpowers

Ha ha, now that would make for a good story.........some dude wanted my wallet so I shot him with Bear Spray. Considering a Bear can take bullet and not flinch, that spray must be potent!

Originally Posted by Diesel350
What about Bear Fogger? I bet that would mess someone up pretty good.
http://www.udap.com/product.htm
Old 11-14-2005, 06:01 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Carrying a gun is stupid. If you use it the very BEST result is your going to be arrested & have to pay an attorney thousands of dollars & hope he can convince authorities you acted properly in killing/wounding someone. I dont about the rest of y'all but I've got better things to do with my time and money.

What you just said is just plain stupid.

You don't carry a gun for the sole purpose of actually using it. A gun is a deterrent. If he had a gun, all he would have had to do is show the gun to the guy banging on his window with the crowbar. He shows the gun to the guy, then tells him he better not move, while he calls the cops. Then he tells the police that he has a concealed weapon, and that the guy was banging on his car window with a crowbar, and so he had to show the guy his gun to protect himself.

Bam.

People like you say things like that because you're afraid of guns and actually have no idea what a powerful ally a gun can be WITHOUT FIRING A SHOT.

I know your post is from like 2 months ago, but I couldn't leave the ignorance alone.

I bet you don't have any clue how many people carry, too. Probably 1 in 5. Yep, that many. Only places they can't carry are gov't buildings, schools, and churches. Everywhere else....free reign, if you will. Don't know about you, but when I'm in a strange city at a shopping mall that I'm not comfortable with, I'd sure feel a lot better knowing I have a deterrent.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:02 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by 350Z007
I like the little flip open compartment. Glock .40 cal fits perfect in there.

why waste the money on that sucker? lol. a 9mm is so much more economical if you ever range shoot

Kel-Tec P11 is where it's at
Old 11-14-2005, 06:17 AM
amsweigart@hotm

Glock 19 here...
Old 11-14-2005, 06:49 AM
kcobean

I don't have a gun in my car primarily because I would hate to have my car broken into and provide another gun for the criminal community. That said, I ALWAYS (except where expressely forbidden) have a gun on my person. I think people who don't "like" guns, discard the 2nd amendment way too easily. The statistics don't lie, but some people don't like to be confused with the facts about decreasing violent crime in areas where concealed or open carry is permitted. Criminals don't fear an unarmed populous.
Old 11-14-2005, 06:54 AM
350Z007

Originally Posted by chimmike
why waste the money on that sucker? lol. a 9mm is so much more economical if you ever range shoot

Kel-Tec P11 is where it's at
Glock 23 here. Well it's a good balance between a .45 and a 9mm. It's got the accuracy of the 9mm but more stopping power like a .45 When I shoot them I want to make sure they don't get up. A 9mm can't give you that kind of power, but a .40 with hollow points can
Old 11-14-2005, 06:54 AM
MinersZ

<<Glock 26 here.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:03 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by 350Z007
Glock 23 here. Well it's a good balance between a .45 and a 9mm. It's got the accuracy of the 9mm but more stopping power like a .45 When I shoot them I want to make sure they don't get up. A 9mm can't give you that kind of power, but a .40 with hollow points can
yah but you can't argue that in close range situations either one will do its job effectively
Old 11-14-2005, 07:45 AM
kcobean

Originally Posted by chimmike
yah but you can't argue that in close range situations either one will do its job effectively
Actually, yes you can. Unless you can manage a headshot (and I know this sounds terribly "cowboy" for all the anti-gunners following this thread, and for that, I apologize) in the split second that you have to draw, aim and fire, JHP .40 is a superior round to 9mm. The balistics testing articles I've read indicate that the dissipation of energy from a 9mm round is often not effective enough against a rapidly oncoming target. In fact, many police departments have moved away from 9mm chiefly because it provides substandard stopping power for an oncoming assailant. The 21 ft rule states that on average, an assailant can go 21 feet from a standing start to final closure in about 1.5 seconds. By the time you get the first shot off, you may not have time to pull the trigger again. The .40 provides superior penetration for tissue damage and dissipation of the energy to slow down/stop the attack quickly.

Honestly, when it comes right down to it, .45 is probably the best round from a balistics standpoint, the problem is that with the higher recoil, the second (and subsequent) shots tends to be less accurate.

Disclaimer: While I've studied all this stuff, I pray that I never, ever have a need to use my weapon in self-defense. I am of the belief that there are very few circumstances where actually pulling the trigger would be necessary and that the mere knowledge of a weapon would be enough to deter most criminals. The laws today are such that you better be darn sure you've done everything you can to avoid pulling the trigger before you actually do it or you're likely going to jail. Legal consequences aside, having to live with shooting/killing someone would be hard to do, but I'd rather that than die myself or live with the results of an attack on my family. That's just me. Everyone has their own feelings about this and I respect (even though I may strongly disagree with) everyones personal convictions about legal gun use/ownership.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:50 AM
paulsmansfield

Originally Posted by jcn30127
I'll be visiting your country all this week. I'm sure it will be interesting.
Less likely to be shot over here.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:37 AM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo....it's 2005 and people are way more aggressive and way less courteous than in the olden days. It will probably continue to get worse.....so keep your hot head finger on the wheel and just enjoy your Z, before you do something really stupid and have to wait 20 years to life to drive it again.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:39 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Has anyone thought that if you carry a gun in your car and someone breaks into it... they get everything in your car as well as the gun! That's like putting another gun onto the streets to be used for carjacking or who knows what else! >_<;;
Not to mention if someone steals that gun that's registered to you and commits a crime with it, it may come back to haunt you!

Quick Reply: Do you carry a gun in your Z?