Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Lust then LOVE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 02:01 PM
KenWH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My z story starts back at end of 2001 or early 02. Anyway...I was test driving the new Altima that just recently came out. Went into the salesmen's office to look at pricing etc. As I was waiting(alone) in his office...I noticed a stack of brand new brochures. They were the first prerelease brochures for the Z. I was hooked the minute I saw it. I ended up chatting with the salesmen about the Z instead of the Alt. Needless to say he didn't know much.

It was so early in the prerelease that Nissan didn't even have concrete specs out and the dealers knew next to nothing. Everyone on the various forums were speculating hp#'s...would it have turbo's etc. All nissan would say is it would have over 280hp. I did sign up @ Nissan NA for updates etc. I waited and waited, still no release...so I end up buying a new(leftover) 01 Prelude in 2002 instead.

Well, I sold the lude after a year, bought my Ram(w/hemi)...turned it into a decent show truck...sold it after a year to buy the car I really wanted all along. I was in love with the Z since that first rainy night at the nissan dealer when I saw that brochure.

To me...the shape is so fluid...so elemental like something you'd find created only in nature...ahhh heck, what can I say...it's just a great lookin' car.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:27 PM
KingOfV6

mine is short and sweet

2 cars in mind s2k and 350z, i bought the s2k because i was favoring hondas at the point i was a returning customer.....Bro totalled s2k accicdentily.....then i went for a Z and i should chose it first........you live and you learn.
Old 09-06-2005, 04:40 PM
LugZ

I was trying to be sensible and buy a sentra SE-R at most or a celica GT-S. But I saw the Z listed at $32,000 CAD and decided to take a peek at it. It was at a used BMW/Audi dealership and the car was showcased smack center. I took a walk around and the manager asked me if I like it. Rhetorical question. He asked me if I want to take it for a run. I said no. Told him it looks like a lot of trouble to get it out of the showroom. Forget it. He said 5 minutes and it's outside. I told him I purposely left my cheque book at home so he's gonna waste his time. He called his monkey over to start moving the cars. I said if I drive it...I might want to take it home. After taking it for a very spirited run, I slept with paranoia. Kept thinking what if someone buys it at 3 am in the morning. The next morning, I cut a cheque for $20,000 and financed the rest. I've often thought how immature it was of me to just dump a whole lot of cash into something that depreciates, but everytime I sit in it, I leave those thoughts at home. But somehow, those thought come back when I'm unloading 94 octane into the tank. Still...I close my eyes and pay and then rip through the rpms like a demon from hell. It's time like this when ***** and FR just work.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:35 PM
ASTIG_Z

I didnt even think about buying the "Z" but I am happy that I did. I didnt even do any research on the car. I was looking at the G35C but i thought that if the Z and the G were both built by nissan, the why not go get the sportier one?

Last edited by ASTIG_Z; 09-06-2005 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:20 PM
ASTIG_Z

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
That reminds me, my mom supposedly (according to her) drove the first 240Z on American soil, she was the assistant to a race car driver. The name of the driver totally escapes me...

She drove the car from the shipping crate or whatever to his office.
It must have been faith that made you buy the Z 30 yrs later. Good **** your moms is a "Z" legend ...
Old 09-07-2005, 03:54 AM
tropicalypso

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, this feels like a confessional...

I first knew that I wanted a Z back in 1991 when the revised 300zx came about... however, I was only 12 back then. I loved that car, and I always knew I would own one.

Flash forward a decade (and some change), and here I am getting ready for work, knowing my 350z is sitting outside waiting for me.

My first experience in seeing one in the flesh was back in '03... it was Super Black, looked like nothing I had ever seen before. You know what stirred me the most tho? That sultry exhaust note... just sounded like it meant business!
Old 09-07-2005, 10:25 AM
350zQ45a

The Z seems to be a car that sinks its teeth into you, and once it does, there is no alternative then to buy one immediately.

I was kind of a Z33 hater up until the point where I drove one.

I went into the MITSU dealer to buy an EVO VIII. Everything was set to go, until I noticed they had two used Z's on the lot. I said what the hell, I've always wanted to drive one. I drove it, returned to the lot, and bought it.

It has the perfect mix of everything, nothing comes close for the money. It's a proper sports car, the next cheapest in line would be the C6..

The STI and EVO arn't pratical, and get horrid gas mileage. They arn't great daily drivers, but they are so good anyway.

The Z is a great daily driver, and road trip car. It molds to the driving you do, and can adapt quickly.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:59 PM
ASTIG_Z

Default Whoo Hoo!!!! Bump for my 2000th POST

Bump...bump...bump!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 01:24 PM
35TH ANY

OK, SWMBO wanted me to get the G35C because it was a respectable 4 seater. I really wanted the Z. I couldn't get the deal that I wanted at an Infiniti dealer so, I told SWMBO to come with me to check out the 35th A Z's that just came in. We both took 1 look at that SB with black and tan interior and it was game set and match. Lucky for me!

Fast forward and now I have a MB GT ZR with BO interior.

Last edited by 35TH ANY; 10-13-2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Everybodywildou

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in 2001-2002 when I was 16 I used to look at cars online and saw the Z concept on the Nissan website. They sent me a pack of playing cards with some Z facts. And other cool stuff. I fell in love with the car. I used to tell all my friends that one day I'd buy one. Of course they all laughed. I picked one up last year.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:43 PM
shushikiary

I had just graduated from college, and had been driving a 1988 mazda mx6 that i did ALOT of work on my self, mostly in the suspension and loved the car... but it had 245k miles on it, and it was starting to break down alot... recently put a used tranny in it as the tranny died, etc... It was time for a new car and i had just started my first nice paying job (mind you this was like 4 months ago). My dad bought a G35c back then they had just come out, and let me drive it once or twice and it was nice, fast, etc. Problem was I didnt like the handling, to me it felt my mazda with it's completely aftermarket suspention handled better, so it put me off a little. So I thought, what about a Z? So I looked into it and descovered the Z33, and set out to look at getting a new one, but just in case I also checked out used ones. Didnt find any nice used ones until I looked on craigs list.. lol Found a guy who had a DB 03 track with 14,500 miles on it. He owned a construction company and it was the show car for the company, only driven to special events and picking up very high end customers, etc. Took it for a test drive and couldnt believe how it felt, it amazed me. It hands down out hanlded my mazda, and I fell in love. The next day I came back with the money and bought it from him. That was in august, and have since loved the car. Every time I get back in my mazda I put my foot through the floor pushing the clutch in, freak out cuz when I hit the brake it feels like it's not going to stop, and cant stand how it doesnt go when I push the long pettal down... Not sure I can ever go back to any car now.... the Z has stolen my heart....
Old 10-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Combat350z
Banned

I had wanted one since they were being talked about. I remember hearing and seeing them when I was in high school and was like I'm gonna get that car.

Then I graduated in Dec of 03 and joined the Marines. When I finished all my training I didn't have enough for a Z so I bought an 04 tib. Wrecked it a month later lol. Luckily I made like 3k off of it being totalled because I got a really good deal on it.

Then I went to iraq and made a nice chunk of change and a month after being back in the states took the plunge and dropped 10k on it and drove home happy.

I was initially looking at an evo or an rx-8. Drove the rx-8 and liked its handling but it had the worst gas milelage of any car or damn near suv ever. They didn't have any evo's and I wasn't feeling the boy racer wing.

Then because they didn't have any coups in because in NC they don't sell well I went for a test drive in a convertible. Actually they drove it because it was already sold and they didn't want me wrecking it. After he gunned it and it pushed me back in the seat I was sold.

Bought it like 2 weeks later and have loved her ever since.

I do like the history behind it now though. First it was just a cool car. Now I appreciate everything about it and wish I had've gotten a 6mt
Old 10-13-2006, 03:49 PM
slipslipslip

i never really took much notice to cars. i drove a 2000 saturn, got me from point a to point b. one day i was driving home from work along PCH in malibu, and i see this silver z weaving in and out of cars, exhaust blaring. it looked heavily modified, most likely turbo'd. i had seen z's before, but something about the way this z drove.. i had to have one

when i got home i told my parents im thinking about getting one (im 21). they didnt like the idea very much and told me why i shouldnt. thought the price would be out of my range, but hopped onto autotrader and was excited as hell. i had been saving for two years, and in two weeks my savings were gone. got a used 04 silver touring, i was sold upon pulling out of the previous owners driveway for a test drive. i love the car!
Old 10-13-2006, 04:09 PM
350zz053

Amen Sir!!
Old 10-13-2006, 04:38 PM
Fletch69z

After my Sentra Spec V I knew I wanted to stay with Nissan. Plus, I had wanted a Z when I bought my Sentra but couldn't afford it. So, since I can now I bought it and haven't ever thought twice about it, .
Old 10-13-2006, 05:02 PM
ambigu0us

Lust. Love. Obession.

My husband is lucky I let him park his Lightning next to my Z in the garage.

I brought home an RX-8 -- at the time I like the lines. I parked it in the drive way -- it looked cool. I didn't feel the backseat was worth anything. I couldn't even fit the dog in the back! The passenger front foot space was the most uncomfortable thing I had ever felt! So -- I drove the Mazda back to the dealer.

I popped over to Nissan the next week or so...I fell in lust with the Z. I drove her around town and fell in love. I never thought I could feel so comfortable and as one with a car than I do with this one. I talked to the husband, we found a DB 2004 5AT over the river in IL and we bought it on his best friend's birthday and drove it to the party! It was a great buy!

I love this car...and I don't know that love is strong enough a word...I'm not sure obsession is right either. I don't have words for the emotions I feel about her, when I'm in her, when I talk about her, etc. I think the people that know me know how I feel (a lot of them have a vehicle they drag race and love) her -- and they probably don't know how to describe it either!

I do remember though -- after reading over the 2004 brochure -- I felt exactly as they described it. Later, I read over an '05 brochure and it didn't have the same feeling...04 was my year. I'm lucky to own such a great car.