Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Car and Driver - Hacked ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 11:59 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this is the real intriguing story here, more than the numbers that it contained.

C&D can tell Nissan their site was hacked, and while this could cause some strain on the relationship there, most will feel sorry for C&D, especially those that have been 'hacked' themselves (by a klez virus or the like).

I guess this is just how big business play the game. Better to stretch the truth ("We were hacked!") , than to admit fault ("We kinda screwed up...sorry").

"Hacked" may not be such an incorrect term for what happened, if you consider hacking simply being to get to information that wasn't intended to be available to the public. However the hacking tool used here was simply the site's search engine

But how this one person received the physical hard-copy of the August issue already..... well, I don't want to doubt someone....it just seems strange. I'm sure he really did, it is just odd that he joined this site about 1 week ago, and his second post ever was posting this magazine article.
Old 06-27-2002, 01:01 PM
Danimsta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is just odd that he joined this site about 1 week ago, and his second post ever was posting this magazine article.
i must say good point
but for now on ill be checking my local Kroger everyday to find the track 350z on car and driver!
Old 06-27-2002, 01:11 PM
ZON

Originally posted by Scafremon
I'm sure he really did, it is just odd that he joined this site about 1 week ago, and his second post ever was posting this magazine article.
Ya, I was wondering about him too. I looked for previous posts here from him when all this came up and he is very new(B). It made me suspicious but I could not put the finger on him in any way. But I was sure lookin'.
Old 06-27-2002, 02:08 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

If you go back and read that thread, I believe I mentioned that fact not once, but twice. I just don't believe it. There are over 1000 Z enthusiasts on this board and I don't know how many on the other board, and only ONE guy HAPPENED to get his C&D early THIS month only. It just doesn't fit........but hey, who am I....
Old 06-27-2002, 02:19 PM
tbcz

Perhaps you guys are on to something. It's starting to seem that they had no intention of purposely leaking this stuff, which would make me wonder whether August issues are actually in circulation yet. It would be nice if we could hear from C&D itself.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:24 PM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

Lightbulb

Yes, that's IT! It was "The Guy who got C&D Already" and ZISME on the grassy knoll. Or was it the book depository? Ah, who cares anyhow? Everyone knows that bullets can make u-turns in midair.

Colonel Mustard in the study with the pipe!

Conspiracy theorists unite!
Old 06-27-2002, 04:44 PM
matshane

Default C/D August Issue

I have been viewing this site for several months now. Saw the threads about Car and Driver yesterday. When I got home last night and checked my mailbox, the August issue of Car and Driver was in the box. 350Z is on the cover and reviewed in the mag. I live in Louisville, KY. The subscribers are starting to get their copies of August C/D.
Old 06-27-2002, 06:57 PM
dvlad

Default Re: Car and Driver - Hacked ?

Originally posted by JmanZ

He said that Car and Driver claimed their site was hacked. That's funny. It's total horse crap, but it's still funny. I myself did a search for the term "350Z" at C&D earlier today and it came up. Same thing others did. Then after being caught, they fixed the problem.

haha... ah well, with the mighty Nissan machine looking at ya, what are you going to do? Admit you dropped the ball or claim you got "hacked"?

hahaha...i guess that means my350z.com has joined forces with www.2600.com to "hack" into C&D for info.

Jeez guys. the desperation must be high over here
Old 06-27-2002, 07:04 PM
olzilver

Default Damn...

these posts are like insights in detective stories. Nice. I appreciate these posts because they give me hope that maybe there are better things on the horizon than what has been declared gospel.
Old 06-27-2002, 07:07 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

Cool

Hey Doc Bonz..how are you at fixing broken skulls cause I think my heads ready to EXPLODE
Old 06-27-2002, 07:15 PM
Scafremon

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
If you go back and read that thread, I believe I mentioned that fact not once, but twice.
I'm sure you did Bonz, and I'm sure that is what made me think of it. As for going back an re-reading that thread.......

Never!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2002, 07:22 PM
Scafremon

Default Re: C/D August Issue

Originally posted by matshane
I have been viewing this site for several months now. Saw the threads about Car and Driver yesterday. When I got home last night and checked my mailbox, the August issue of Car and Driver was in the box. 350Z is on the cover and reviewed in the mag. I live in Louisville, KY. The subscribers are starting to get their copies of August C/D.
It would appear then that the hacker who hacked the C&D computer, also works in the C&D Mailroom!
Old 06-27-2002, 07:30 PM
dvlad

Originally posted by VQracer
notice that tennessee and kentucky are near each other and that's where the magazines are first being delivered. IS C/D around this area?
VQ...C&D is based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Although i have no clue where the publishing house for the mag is.
Old 06-27-2002, 07:51 PM
nizl

Default Re: Car and Driver - Hacked ?

He said that Car and Driver claimed their site was hacked. That's funny. It's total horse crap, but it's still funny.
I can't believe Nissan even halfway bought that! I guess it's a "lie between friends".
Old 06-27-2002, 09:28 PM
nizl

Default Re: Re: Re: C/D August Issue

I did and I will be removing anyone's post that posts a link to the article prior to July 3rd. I have to obey the embargo, so does the site.
Ah well, I guess zcar.com still has its uses.

Quick Reply: Car and Driver - Hacked ?