Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

06's delivered to Performance NISSAN... Initial Findings...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 11:54 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 06's delivered to Performance NISSAN... Initial Findings...

We have 5 or 6 2006 350z's delivered to our dealership Friday Afternoon... Unfortunatly I didnt have much time to check them out but here are my initial findings...

Under the rear hatch... There is only hard plastic in the cargo area where the trunk light is located. Directly at the back... The rest is all carpeted material...

The Rear Strut Tower center Z panel is now a darker silver (more like a hyper black color (lighter gun metal)) with the original Z emblem...

No new cubby's behind the drivers / passenger seat...

Center console has the original flip up lid where your elbo goes...

Then a slide back cup holder (not very big)...

The center console material is still the hard plastic...

The shifter console looks much better in person, and on the 6MT does not look like it is too high like the 5AT photos... I tried pulling it up to see if installing shift ***** would be the same... but didnt want to force it with any more pressure it takes then lifting up the 03-05... Didnt want to break it...

The pattern on the center dash is still the same as the previous models, but it is now like a soft rubber! Just like the bottom of a soft tennis shoe! Its interesting... Its nice to rub... hah! Gotta touch it...

The hazard switch is now infront of the shifter kinda jammed under the AC controls... But this way i guess your elbo wont turn it on by accident!

The AC controls have these little black rubber parts sticking out and one orange one indicating where it is set... Comfortable to the touch once again...

The Nav Cubby (these had no navi) popped straight up like the 04 / 05 and does not recess like the 03...

The main dash material is the same as the previous models...

The door panel upper section has the same pattern as the previous models but once again a softer material and is kind of squishy... The leather accents and new elbo pads are plush! luxurious feeling...

The Knee pads in the 06 are very soft compared to the ones on the 04.5 / 05...

The Cup Holders in the doors... hrmmm... The way I drive I dont think any drink would not spill in them... But im not about to try in a new car...

Flipped on the Headlamps... They are bi-focal HID's... low beams are HID, then you turn on the brights and the HID bulb physically clicks (moves) and light directs upwards...

The new front bumper allows for more clearance under the front nose... This will make for less scrape's in and out of drive ways!

The grille is actually painted with a dark silver color... looks very bulky but I still like it!

Popped the hood!

All looks the same, then look at the air box... It looks different... I pulled out the air filter, there is a Velocity Stack! I never noticed it before on 03-05 Non-Rev up... I have to open one up and check but pretty sure it wasnt there for non-rev-up motors! way cool!

Got down and checked under the rear bumper... No standard diffusers so we can still add the Rear Track Diffusers.

The rear brake calipers are now in the same position as the Brembo rear caliper...

I wish I had time Friday to lift up the car but everything looked the same from the rear, the exhaust piping looks like it has been cleaned up a little as far as the bends...

Looking at the rear suspension from the ground nothing looks different... Camber adjustment looked the same... Didnt see anything else added...

Now the front... The inner fender lining looks more high tech and fits more secure then OE on the previous models... Grabs the bumper really well... I dont see the lower engine cover coming loose as easly on the other models...

Now the best part...

Front Upper Control Arms are differnet! They look longer, No adjustment on them, but they look longer (need to measure some stuff when I get a car in the air)... It looks like there is some more caster! Once again I need to get a car in the air but it looks like it does... I couldnt get a good look at the spindle, but the lower control arm was definatly different as well... Looks like the complete front suspension is different with more clearance for greater steering angle... although when I turned th ewheel all the way over there didnt apear to be any more of a steering angle...

Im going to try to get a car up in the air tomorrow.... take some measurements, underbody pictures, hold up old suspension parts to new...

I will also check to see if we can fit the 06 front suspension to the 03-05... If they did not change the front suspension cross member it shouldnt be that hard... And most of our ball joints / bushings are cracked by now too (if we have high mileage 03's etc)...

I will keep posted on my findings!

By the way... New Headlamps / Tail Lamps and some other 06 parts should be here very soon... We will then start to try fitting them!
Old 09-17-2005, 12:11 AM
PrimeX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me be the first to say "Thanks for NEWS!" Please post any information on the lights when ASAP!
Old 09-17-2005, 12:18 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

I am working still on getting the headlamps / tail lamps in as soon as possible...

As soon as we do... We will drop everything to get them to work!
Old 09-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Good stuff Jason! Thanks a bunch !!!
Old 09-17-2005, 12:34 AM
theSTIguy

will they be comming out with a new nismo exhaust for the 06 models?
Old 09-17-2005, 12:40 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by theSTIguy
will they be comming out with a new nismo exhaust for the 06 models?

No word yet... But, most likely no... Unless they do something with a different design...

On the pictures of the 06 NISMO Body Kit there is that front "Intake"

I am pretty sure it is only a snorkle that goes up into the factory air box...

In Japan, to my understandings adding intakes like cold airs are illigal...
Old 09-17-2005, 12:43 AM
JoeyFyed

I love you jason lol, $500 more and i got my downpayment set. What colors are in stock. Im looking for a black or white enthusiast 6mt.

Im stopping by the dealer tomorrow to take a look at them, are they available to be looked at yet ? =]
Old 09-17-2005, 12:47 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Silver and White was all I could remember...

I was only out there for a few minutes...

Let me know when you are coming by... I can get you set up with our fleet manager if you wanted to make a deal...
Old 09-17-2005, 12:50 AM
JoeyFyed

If it was up to me, i would buy the Z tomorrow. But my dad is a very busy man and is gonna sign for me, since well i just turned 18 and i have little or no credit at all. I want a 3 year lease, with 2 or 3,000$ down. But no doubt i will be there tomorrow around 6 pm to take a look at the one i like, so i can well.... drag my dad there to sign for me =] But no doubt i will let you know when my dad has the time to go there and sign the papers. Hopefully i can get an 06 Enthu. OTD for around 31k ish.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:53 AM
homiusang

THanks for the info Jason. Now I don't know when they will arrive to dealers in AZ!
Maybe I will stop by perf. Nissan next week when i come to the turbonetics meet.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:54 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

6pm ill be gone... parts closes at 6...

Drop me a PM with your contact info, and ill have my fleet manager give you a call so he can set it up so no sales guys haggle you and he can get you the best deal he can...
Old 09-17-2005, 12:55 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by homiusang
THanks for the info Jason. Now I don't know when they will arrive to dealers in AZ!
Maybe I will stop by perf. Nissan next week when i come to the turbonetics meet.

that will be cool!

If we sell these, we get truck loads of cars in every day...
Old 09-17-2005, 12:55 AM
JoeyFyed

Well, im completey down for getting it done tomorrow if a $2,000 downpayment with payments around 450ish a month for 3 years. Hopefully if that sounds reasonable, i will be there tomorrow. But, i'll shoot you a P.M. Thanks Jason.
Old 09-17-2005, 12:59 AM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

no problem.. Ill talk to the boss man tomorrow early afternoon...
Old 09-17-2005, 01:05 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JoeyFyed
Well, im completey down for getting it done tomorrow if a $2,000 downpayment with payments around 450ish a month for 3 years. Hopefully if that sounds reasonable, i will be there tomorrow. But, i'll shoot you a P.M. Thanks Jason.
I hope you park in a garage, cuz Im going to follow you home and steal your tails!
Old 09-17-2005, 01:08 AM
JoeyFyed

Damn, our garage is turned into a bedroom. Its ok, my german shepard will guard it =]
Old 09-17-2005, 01:22 AM
Dragonstyle

thanks for this insider update
Old 09-17-2005, 02:42 AM
Chad68

Somebody needs to buy Jason a digital camera

Old 09-17-2005, 02:55 AM
DomZ

Hey man, as soon as you get those tails situated, let us know! I'll be all over that!
Old 09-17-2005, 03:23 AM
FrankieZZ

Thanks Jason , very informative as usual !

Quick Reply: 06's delivered to Performance NISSAN... Initial Findings...