Sponsored by:

outclassed at the valet/restaraunt

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 08:43 AM
Tackett

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<------

look where I live.

The Z sure sticks out among the trucks and mudtires.

YEAHHAWW!
Old 09-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Z33Concept

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CLETUS
well i spent fri after work cleanin up the Z in our detail shop. it was in preparation for going out to eat with my wife and another couple at a really good/nice steak place in atlanta. (chops for any locals). after i got home my wife informs me we are taking her tl cause we are picking up the others........i was kinda pissed bc i wanted to take the Z and have it parked out front looking good and clean......i got over myself and soon we got there and i realized it wouldn't have mattered if i had driven the Z..

the first 3 cars parked out front were
1. ferrari f355 spider top down red
2. c6 vette in orange
3. carrera gt in gray mettalic.

i hate valets and only let them drive the car if its going a short distance while i stand there like a jackass and watch them park it. i guess its a good thing i didn't drive cause it wouldn't have made the cut oh well maybe i shouldn't expect to have it parked up front at one of the best steak places in town on a fri night..............sorry this thread is worthless without pics....i know i know
THE Z LOOKS BETTER THAN ALL 3 CARS ABOVE
Old 09-20-2005, 08:57 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny thing is, I hardly ever see Zs here in Denver. Porsche's, NSXs, and the like are a dime a dozen, but I usually don't even average one Z a week.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Wotnot

Default I think that is the key

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Funny thing is, I hardly ever see Zs here in Denver. Porsche's, NSXs, and the like are a dime a dozen, but I usually don't even average one Z a week.

.....even now I see alot more so called "exotics" on the road than Z's. People hardly give them a second look anymore in this town....well...except maybe the Ferraris. All I know is, when I drive my car down the street, I still get tons of looks. When I drive into a mall or a gas station, I still get tons of positive remarks.

People can say what they want, but I defy anyone to find a sexier looking performance car for the money out there today.....FULL STOP
Old 09-20-2005, 11:24 AM
LugZ

Originally Posted by Manjot
I was driving my dad's Maxima and got passed by a orange lamborghini and 2 ferraris, one was red and the other was dark gray...I tried to keep up, lol.
OMFG toooooo funny. We've all tried to do that one time or another. Again...
Old 09-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Electricchild

Carerra GT? Who the hell owns that car??? Geez!

Must be some kind of CEO or entrepreneur.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:29 PM
maxipad96

Boxster drivers are the worst. They think there car is fast cause of the name.... but in reality know absolutely nothing about cars. I've had many flick me off for no reason whatsoever. True story, I had a boxster driver flick me off because he couldn't pass me, funny thing was he thought I was racing him but in reality had NO idea he was next to me. Forced him to slow down cut in back of me... pull up besides me and then flick me off. I was like OK, since i knew you were even beside me. I just laughed at him because his outlook on life and cars was completely obvious.... *****.

Last edited by maxipad96; 09-20-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Electricchild

^^^

Well my dad calls it the poor man's Porsche. We see tons of them around here near Seattle.

I mainly respect Carreras, Turbos, and the GT (which I have yet to see).
Old 09-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Electricchild

The funny thing is--- the base model Cayenne is actually LESS (MSRP) than the Boxster. So I suppose that would truly be the defined as such.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:30 PM
maxipad96

Tons of them around Atlanta here to. It's all execs commuting from the burbs. Execs who obviously don't care that they are driving the womans model of that particular brand.

Don't get me wrong. I actually do like the car, but the attitude that comes w/ most of the drivers is just flat out repulsive. I have had many Carrera, turbo and cars of that caliber drivers compliment the Z, but Boxter owners never fail when it comes to puting down the Z or anything without the P name. For some odd reason they think they are better than everyone else cause they bought the "budget" Porsche.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:33 AM
Electricchild

REALLY well said.

It's just the ego that comes with "hey look at me--- I have a Porsche and you don't."

Even though it's the cheapest of the line. But hey I ain't sayin 43k MSRP is cheap... thats more than the most expensive Z available... but regardless, you're probably right about the whole attitude thing.

But hey, at least ego won't rise when the 1 series BMW comes out... "Hey look at me, I own a BMW... just like every other Tom, Dick and Harry now!"
Old 09-21-2005, 12:52 AM
Z_Driver
Master

I find that most Z car owners like to work on their own cars if they can. I find that most Porsche owners can't work on their own cars and it cost them a fortune to keep it up. Not to mention the insurance.

Don't get me wrong when I get $400K I'm buying a Turbo Carrera GT and I will probably have to have someone work on it since I would be scared of messing something up. Lol !!!!

I have to start a company or something, Huh?

But, really for 350K less:

Or, 375K less:

Old 09-21-2005, 06:38 AM
Kanyon71

Originally Posted by Electricchild
REALLY well said.

It's just the ego that comes with "hey look at me--- I have a Porsche and you don't."

Even though it's the cheapest of the line. But hey I ain't sayin 43k MSRP is cheap... thats more than the most expensive Z available... but regardless, you're probably right about the whole attitude thing.

But hey, at least ego won't rise when the 1 series BMW comes out... "Hey look at me, I own a BMW... just like every other Tom, Dick and Harry now!"
You know it's really funny, I would say a good percentage of the people who own boxsters have a really crappy attitude and bought the car for the name. These are also the same people who get made fun of on the Porsche forums. They are people who have no sense of a car or the heritage behind it. You will find a lot of really cool people who love car's and a lot who modify the heck out of their boxsters, actually a lot of the same kind of posts I see here. Hey has anyone tried this exhaust, hey can I come up with a switch to turn defeat this. MANY of them do this stuff on their own, and share their success and failure with others so everyone learns. I think the people in the Porsche world who snub the Z are the same ones who have no clue what the Z heritage is or for that matter have no idea what Porsche truely means outside of hey I paid 3k for maint when it should have cost me $300.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:17 AM
Electricchild

mecinoid it's not like im saying you HAVE to start your own company or anything... there are plenty of non "exec" or "entrepreneur" type people who can afford a car like that: IE actors, music artists, the employees at Google or Microsoft when they went IPO, etc. But I guess I should point out that I wouldn't be SURPRISED if the owner had his/her own business or was some kind of CEO.

[Heck even here in Seattle... it's known that Bill Gates is a really big Porsche fan... I wouldn't be surprised if I ever see a Carrera GT that is owned by him! Of course I doubt he's the kind of person who would blow that kind of money away... he'd probably rather donate it.]
Old 09-21-2005, 07:26 AM
Kanyon71

Originally Posted by Electricchild
mecinoid it's not like im saying you HAVE to start your own company or anything... there are plenty of non "exec" or "entrepreneur" type people who can afford a car like that: IE actors, music artists, the employees at Google or Microsoft when they went IPO, etc. But I guess I should point out that I wouldn't be SURPRISED if the owner had his/her own business or was some kind of CEO.

[Heck even here in Seattle... it's known that Bill Gates is a really big Porsche fan... I wouldn't be surprised if I ever see a Carrera GT that is owned by him! Of course I doubt he's the kind of person who would blow that kind of money away... he'd probably rather donate it.]
Ya he would blow that kind of money. Actually Bill and a couple others are people who have fought to get some laws changed about getting many of the cars into the US that where never allowed here. He at one point had purchased 2 Porsche 959's but wasn't allowed to bring them here. After years of legal BS he was allowed to bring the car's into the US and so are alot of others now. I saw a Carrera GT not long ago and all I can say is WOW.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:13 AM
atar350

The Carrera is my dream car. I wouldnt trade my Z for much(GT, SL65, F430) but that is a F'in Super Car that is dead sexy, much of the same appeal the Z has. It would take a car of that caliber to make me trade, no reason to trade in for a vette, m3, or some**** like that, I see those everyday and I like the Z better then all of em'....but the GT...mMMmMMmmMMmMmm.

Shave your emblems, gets some big rims, get a subtle body kit, or wild kit, and next to those cars, people will think just another super car...LOL. I want the Veilside V1 lip, v3 side skirts, and v3 bumper, with a big brake kit, and VS emblems, I'm sure alot of people wont know wtf they are looking at.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:26 AM
atlsupdawg#2

I get plenty of compliments down here in Atlanta......So does the car..

Seriously, women really dig the car. They think it looks sexy.. Hopefully sexy enough for me to swap for that fat 600 class most of them drive.
In fact I was leaving a little hang out (Shout) in downtown on Peachtree and had a guy in a Bently try and "show out" as I passed by. Needless to say I returned the favor. Next light, window was down and he was appreciating the Z a little more but made it a point of saying "that had he brought the Lambo out......"
Old 09-21-2005, 11:11 AM
350z bra

I dont know about you guys but i always get bad LOOKS from teenager haters .... WHY CANT THEY JUS BE HAPPY FOR ME!?
Old 09-21-2005, 11:54 AM
Electricchild

heh youd have to trade like 15 of em in for that thing.