Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Would you guys be able to sell me a Performance over an Enthusiast?...please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 12:48 PM
sicktypes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would you guys be able to sell me a Performance over an Enthusiast?...please help

Here's the deal, i'm ordering my Z reeal soon, prolly within a month...i was planning on getting an enthusiast w/ navi...BUT the i went to a dealership and they said they couldn't do it, only way to get the navi is to move up to a Performance, but i'm 18, and according to my income (part time job) i would struggle to make the payments on an Performance w/ navi....let alone afford the insurance....so here's the deal, i might not even get a navi, but would you guys be able to sell me on performance model over an enthusiast?...what i'm basically asking is, is it worth the extra 2 grand? as far as i know all you get extra is VDC, and tire pressure monitors...(i don't even care about the 18's becasue i will prolly get aftermarket rims, or maybe put on the Axis Hagens i have from my CL...

anyone Performance model owners out there that wished they'd just settled for an enthusiast? vice versa?
Old 12-19-2002, 01:12 PM
zzzyaaa

Your dealer is wrong, you can get a nav on an enthusiast
Old 12-19-2002, 01:26 PM
sicktypes

they told me it was possible, but that would mean getting some kind of handheld navi, and not the one that's in the dash...PLEASE tell me why you think they're wrong...!!!....they also said that they couldn't order a navi from nissan because it the units come installed on the cars that are ordered with it!...
Old 12-19-2002, 02:03 PM
sicktypes

soo...is the performance worth extra 2 g's to you guys?
Old 12-19-2002, 02:17 PM
rep15

sicktypes, please excuse Eyeball he apparetly left his manners at home today.

In answer to your question is the performance worth $2000 over the enthusiast, perhaps. I have the performance and shied away from the enthusiast at the last moment. The more important question is why do you want navigation? If finances are tight the $1900+ for the nav is unrealistic. It adds nothing to the car's performance. If that is the determining factor in getting a 350z then maybe you are better off getting a different car with nav that you can afford more easily.

Getting the performance with nav, in my opinion, is a bad idea if you are stretched too thin financially.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:19 PM
2003z

save your money and get the enthusiast. You are 18, so I assume you will probably want to mod. The stereo sucks, so for that $2000 diff, you could get an aftermarket nav w/ stereo, although, at your age, I would probably skip the nav. The VDC is good for the inexperienced, but I personally don't like it. So, if its between an enthusiast w/o nav and a performance w/nav, you are looking at saving 4000 bucks with the enthusiast. Thats what I would recommend for you.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:20 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm goin' with the Enthus simply because I don't see any value in the added expense for the Performance.

At 18, I'd think maps are good enough. No need for a nav thing.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:26 PM
TriX

Nav???? Why

I am sorry but you would be better off getting a DVD player in there.

2 K is alot of money.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:08 PM
Gendo Ikari

You can't get NAV on Enthusiast. I don't know why, but its just not an option on Base/Enthusiast.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:22 PM
Ohio350z

I have the E model, I didn't think the NAV was worth it. I would rather have a portable one that I can use in a few different cars and take it with me when I rent a car. You can get GPS upgrades for your palm and turn it into a NAV. The real question is do you want VDC? I drive mine in the snow and with TCS and antilock it does just fine. VDC is nice but not worth the money. I am planning on spending the difference on Mods such as a turbo, a custom stereo, new brakes, and new rims.
Old 12-19-2002, 05:52 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

first off you cant have nav in an enthusiast, he is correct. good news is I believe it is pioneer who sells a nav aftermarket. but I dont think its that important, but thats for you to decide.

however I also dont know if performance is worth it over enthusiast. depends what you into. if your replacing the rims, then thats a mute point, and the TPM, you might not be able to transplant them anyway. leaving you with the VDC, an awesome option, but not worth the 2grand obviuosly. I think the enthusiast to performance is one of the least worthwhile step ups in the chain.

Id stick with enthusiast do your rims like you wanted, and do aftermarket nav if you really need it...

tho you could get performance, and sell the rims, their worth 1200$ it would seem, as per the ebay auction with 15bids last I saw.

then you could attempt to transplant the TPM and enjoy the VDC, all for 1200$ less.

not really anything to convince you, just some ideas to show you your options. its your decision.
Old 12-19-2002, 06:00 PM
tpfalkowski

Pretty good part time job to afford the car and insurance, thats all I can say
Old 12-19-2002, 06:07 PM
nosuchsol

Originally posted by tpfalkowski
Pretty good part time job to afford the car and insurance, thats all I can say
Amen!!
Old 12-19-2002, 06:08 PM
synergytheory

Originally posted by ares
first off you cant have nav in an enthusiast, he is correct. good news is I believe it is pioneer who sells a nav aftermarket. but I dont think its that important, but thats for you to decide.

however I also dont know if performance is worth it over enthusiast. depends what you into. if your replacing the rims, then thats a mute point, and the TPM, you might not be able to transplant them anyway. leaving you with the VDC, an awesome option, but not worth the 2grand obviuosly. I think the enthusiast to performance is one of the least worthwhile step ups in the chain.

Id stick with enthusiast do your rims like you wanted, and do aftermarket nav if you really need it...

tho you could get performance, and sell the rims, their worth 1200$ it would seem, as per the ebay auction with 15bids last I saw.

then you could attempt to transplant the TPM and enjoy the VDC, all for 1200$ less.

not really anything to convince you, just some ideas to show you your options. its your decision.
That's what I was thinking about doing. Not getting the nav though, the nav is for women
So I can look at it like I am getting the VDC for $800, or that I get $1200 to go towards some gunmetal TE37s