Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350z crashes at a reported 100 MPH

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 01:13 AM
ONEDVSMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The accident happened a few days ago. It was on a freeway. The area he crashed at is actually pretty straight. There's a gradual curve maybe about a mile back...

I'm thinking he lost control going around traffic and just over-corrected.

I couldnt really tell it was a Z until I walked up close to it.... Pretty much the only thing left untouched was the right rear tail light. I looked under the hood and the Injen CAI was the only thing I could make out....

I think the passenger compartment was reduced to just as wide as the bottom seat pad...

Other than that I dont know too many details.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:52 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

its amazing he wasnt killed instantly.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:05 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 984 Likes on 747 Posts

when i drive on the expressway 100mph doesnt seem that fast, i guess ill be more careful and slow down
thats what i was thinking. i cruise at 90 to 100. but ive learned my limit is ~135mph top speed and i rarely take it there.

sad that he died. chances are someone cut him off and he overcorrected, the z is rather stable at 100mph.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:50 AM
jrod1014

my main reason for resisting the temptation to street race is the fact that i don't want my mother to see me in a box becuase i racing and being irresponsible. sometimes i give into it but i'll shut down at the top of third gear which is about ~90mph. while 90mph is still fast, i think it's recoverable and if im not beating you by 90 then its gonna be negligable up top... this situation sucks... and the comment about the insurance is true... granted, a human life is involved but things like this drive the rates sky high so if you're going to do it, think twice about everything... another rule of thumb is if you must race, never carry a passenger. we all know street racing is going to continue and at one point or another we will give in to the temptation, hopefully fate treats you with care for that race because none of us really know how we're gonna leave this earth.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:17 AM
dcmidnight

Originally Posted by Bboy Hustler
yeah the driver died... RIP

but i just thank god another person was not injured because of another mans idiotic actions. irresponsible people should not have vehicles such as Z's

+1000. If you want to race, take it to the track or an empty lot somewhere. Freeways are no place for irresponsible racing. Cruising at 90-100 is one thing. Racing another driver has no place with other people around.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:00 AM
NeoRacer_106

Its so easy to say how he shoulda known better, or know the limits ect but c'mon...it can happen in an instant minding your own buisiness when some loser tail gates you then takes off to cut infront, or your going mildly over the limit and suddenly in your rear view there's an S2000 "keeping" up and you just wanna pull away a bit and see what the Z can do..and its not pulling quite as hard as you thought so you gas it a bit more..a bit more.. before you know it your racing or in competition...the adrelaline kicks in instantly and your going 80--90---the temptation's always there and if its not then you probably got the Z for the wrong reason in essence..
Old 09-28-2005, 06:03 AM
dcmidnight

Originally Posted by NeoRacer_106
Its so easy to say how he shoulda known better, or know the limits ect but c'mon...it can happen in an instant minding your own buisiness when some loser tail gates you then takes off to cut infront, or your going mildly over the limit and suddenly in your rear view there's an S2000 "keeping" up and you just wanna pull away a bit and see what the Z can do..and its not pulling quite as hard as you thought so you gas it a bit more..a bit more.. before you know it your racing or in competition...the adrelaline kicks in instantly and your going 80--90---the temptation's always there and if its not then you probably got the Z for the wrong reason in essence..
Sorry, but I dont at all believe that everyone that buys the Z bought it to street race on a freeway with innocent people on it at speeds over 100mph. Or that everyone who bought a Z is completely unable to control their emotions on the road or control their desire to race every azzhole out there who wants to race.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:13 AM
jrod1014

Originally Posted by dcmidnight
Sorry, but I dont at all believe that everyone that buys the Z bought it to street race on a freeway with innocent people on it at speeds over 100mph. Or that everyone who bought a Z is completely unable to control their emotions on the road or control their desire to race every azzhole out there who wants to race.
no one is saying that. most people on these boards are able to respect the power of the car.

i do believe, however, that every person who buys a Z will race it at least ONE time, it's inevitable... how do you know that one time isn't going to be your last?

it's like people who do drugs... The first time doesn't kill everyone, there are those who die after habitual occurences and some die the first time they try it or don't die and just get away with it. i believe that life is a gamble and you are in fate's hands. This does not mean that i am irresponsable and leave it up to "fate" to save me but w/e, shyt happens. the best anyone can do is educate the public by showing pictures like these. I, for one, am eager to test my car's ability on the drag strip... While i am guilty of the occasional run, i prefer to take it to the track.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:39 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many of you have gone up to 100mph and not because of racing but because of just speeding? What is the difference in racing at 100mph and crashing and killing yourself or someone else or speeding at 100mph by yourself and crashing and killing yourself or someone else?

Last edited by ZlleH; 09-28-2005 at 06:41 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:39 AM
jamnew

Driving is a skill that you learn. Most of us get better as we get older and drive more, but if you are young and you want to get better you must work at it. Rent some time at a local track and learn your Z, get the feel for it's limits and where the "edge" is that you can't go over. There are bad drivers, young and old who never really know their car.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:46 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Its a shame that he died... but its lucky that he did not kill anyone innocent. This should be a lesson to all of us to KEEP IT ON THE TRACK, not on the streets.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:50 AM
elms350Z

RIP... Lets all think twice before racing in public. My blessings and prayers to his family and loved ones.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:50 AM
mpol99

DAMN, drive safe guys!

RIP
Old 09-28-2005, 06:59 AM
glogan

Originally Posted by dcmidnight
+1000. If you want to race, take it to the track or an empty lot somewhere. Freeways are no place for irresponsible racing. Cruising at 90-100 is one thing. Racing another driver has no place with other people around.
+1000,000 I agree, take it to the track!!
For anyone who feels for this driver, you're a moron too!!! He/she is no better than a drunk driver, he/she could have taken someone elses life on that road or a passenger (never know could have been one of you or a family member).

Last edited by glogan; 09-28-2005 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:03 AM
jamnew

Originally Posted by mpol99
DAMN, drive safe guys!

RIP
+10
Old 09-28-2005, 07:11 AM
nicolaycastro

Originally Posted by glogan
+1000,000 I agree, take it to the track!!
For anyone who feels for this driver, you're a moron too!!! He/she is no better than a drunk driver, he/she could have taken someone elses life on that road or a passenger (never know could have been one of you or a family member).
It still doesnt make him less of a person, and yes it was wrong... but I would never with that upon anyone, and we know we all make mistakes and some time we just get a reality check but he wasnt so luchy, so it doesnt matter what he was doing, he still died...
Old 09-28-2005, 07:12 AM
Bertg

Sad story, but unfortunately street racing will still continue.

Last edited by Bertg; 09-28-2005 at 07:20 AM.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:19 AM
glogan

Originally Posted by nicolaycastro
It still doesnt make him less of a person, and yes it was wrong... but I would never with that upon anyone, and we know we all make mistakes and some time we just get a reality check but he wasnt so luchy, so it doesnt matter what he was doing, he still died...
I'd bet you'd feel different if he took one of your family member on that crash wouldn't you? what I'm trying to say is that those mistakes should never happen.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Clapton9286

And THAT is why people should take lessons.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:46 AM
mchong75

He well knew the consequences when he got behind the wheel. He knew well enough when he reached 100mph to race someone that he could injure/kill himself and anyone else/other around him.

As many other members mentioned.....bottom line is, he...himself took his own life.
I feel sorry for his family/friends for the pain and the suffering but, I can't stand people showing off or racing down the street when you’re endangering EVERYONE around you.

I've known way too many people in my life who died just because of guys like him. Just stupid and careless.

Last edited by mchong75; 09-28-2005 at 07:54 AM.

Quick Reply: 350z crashes at a reported 100 MPH