Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

HELP: my 350Z is here, dealer won't sell to me

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 09:00 PM
blackS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: my 350Z is here, dealer won't sell to me

...that' right (man, things just won't go right for me), the Chrome Silver Enthusiast I ordered in July is finally here, but now the dealer won't sell it to me. The dealer added a $699 dollar Theft Deterrant Key guard even though I was specifically told that there were now BS mandatory add-on's to the car (they swore it would just be MSRP to drive it out the door when I placed my deposit back in July). So of course I brought it to their attention and the agreed to disable it (but I had to pay for removal fees). Then, when we sat down for financing, the dealer told me that they could offer me an 11.4% financing rate. Of course, I told them that was too high (My dad has excellent credit, and he is co-signing so that I can get a better deal...he did the same thing form my RSX-S and we got 6.5% last year, and now you can get as low as 4.5%). In fact, earlier we had talked to banks with 6.5% and 7.15%. I told the dealer they could contact our bank for financing, but they said that because it's close to Christmas, banks would take too long to contact. I told them I would come back the next day with the loan, but they said I had to buy the vehicle right then or they would sell to someone else. I said fine, I'll take the high interest rate but I would then go to obtain another lower interest loan and pay them off. They then left, came back with my deposit and my downpayment and told me that it was in their best FINANCIAL interests not to sell me that car. I tried for about another half hour to tell them I was agreeing with their terms and that we had a contract (first right to purchase) but they said NO, and told me to leave. This was Santa Fe Nissan in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I don't know where I'll be able to get a Z in New Mexico (all the dealers are ripoffs with BS extra fees and markups).....THIS SUCKS!!!!
Old 12-23-2002, 09:09 PM
Zaphod 350z

Contact Nissan of America or whatever their north american corporate offices are called (new to nissan, sorry) and report this dealership to them. Read the fine print of your deposit agreement. They are legally bound to deliver the vehicle stipulated within that contract. Make as much noise as possible. Contact the better business bureau. If your local TV stations have those "5 On Your Side" or whatever contact them. Tell the dealer what you are planning to do. Get the name of the district manager in charge of that area. If the dealer won't give it to you, nissan corporate offices will.

If all else fails, hop a plane to NY. I'll set you up at my dealer who currently has 5 Z's in stock and are letting them go at MSRP at nice APR's. Then you'll have a great "break in period" drive home.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:14 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Follow the suggestions above. Except I would not tell the dealer. No sense giving the SOBs time to figure out what to say.

Let them respond cold turkey to the Nissan brass, BBB, & whoever else you contact.

Add State Attorney General to the list.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:36 PM
Phatmitzu

How can a dealer back out on a deposited deal? then WTF is the deposit good for? thats just BS if you ask me. I think you are better off buying another Z from another worthy dealer, instead of wasting your own time fighting to get it from those liying bastards. Time is money, dont waste your money.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:38 PM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if new jerseys to far, the dealer down the road will hook you up for MSRP with no BS fees, none that you cant deny anyway. he had a silver stone in the 6mt enthusiast package. a absolute pleasure to work with.

this is in GA by the way, no short hop, but it might be worth it. the dealers name is gwinnett place nissan.

that really sucks, Id be sure to hit everyone you can find with that dealers name. rake their name throught the mud. make them sorry you ever walked in that door. and do it all while driving around in your shiny new Z.
Old 12-23-2002, 09:39 PM
Intrepid

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One letter or call from your attorney will likely fix everything. Many lawyers will do so for a nominal fee ($100 to $300). I'd hurry too, if you want your car. Remember, in life some people will take advantage of you if you let them.

Oh, by the way, I HOPE you didn't take your deposit back. If you did, you will have a weaker case. They could claim you cancelled the order and took your deposit back. It's usually best to consult with an attorney before taking any action in matters like these. Well, I wish you Good Luck. Let us know what happens.

Last edited by Intrepid; 12-23-2002 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-24-2002, 05:42 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Did you get a deal sheet when you put the order in? If not, remember to do that next time. If you do, I'd do like the others above said, and threaten lawyers.

This dealer sounds extremely slimy.
Old 12-24-2002, 06:29 AM
Electro Z

Default blackS

This was Santa Fe
Nissan in Santa Fe, New Mexico. I don't know where I'll be able to get a Z in
New Mexico

blackZ

I dont understand why your having a hassle up there.. Did you contact Melloy in Albuquerque?

I had no trouble from them at all.. Contact Melloy... try to get hold of Alex the Sales Manager.. He may still be on vacation though.

Contact NNA.. take your Dad down with you and run it with him only (credit). Its possible that with you on it and him co-signing they wont come down.

I will call Melloy and see if they have anything coming in close to your order...

EZ
Old 12-24-2002, 06:35 AM
Electro Z

Default Contacted!

I left a message with Alex at Melloy to check into what he had in or coming in soon.

I tell you now that if anyone can help you it would be Alex.

I do know that Santa Fe Nissan aint the greatest place to buy a car from.

1. Its in Santa Fe.. prices and attitude go way up.
2. Anyone who would not honor their contract with you will never give you the service you deserve.

All the best

EZ

PM me if you need more info
Old 12-24-2002, 06:39 AM
Omega350Z

All i have ever understood about vehicle purchases is that "your" car cannot be sold to someone else as long as ANY amount of deposit remains on the vehicle, It has to be you who says forget it to the dealer and moves on, technically by law you could let that car sit there as long as you feel necessary and they cannot do anything with it without breaking federal law.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:21 PM
visitor

**** those guys and walk away. no car is worth getting screwed for five years. there are plenty of other z's, just be patient, hell, it might even dip below msrp once the frenzy's blown over.