Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why do people think G35 is a class higher than 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 01:15 AM
vipnut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce350z
there is no way in hell i'd ever pick a g35 coupe over a 350z. the g35 is like a daily driver, nothing special.

the 350z is a sportscar. hell, people always freaken ask me what kinda car i have, and always look at it when i come out of stores or restaurants. i believe its the 350z's aggressive roof line, flaring fenders, overal sex appeal. the g35 doesn't look this damn good.

i think for looks, the g35 looks like a scion tc while the 350z looks like a porsche. a bit beefier than a porsche.

the 350z looks like a porsche? you're a funny guy
Old 10-17-2005, 03:37 AM
neffster

I don't have enough time, nor do I care to read this whole thread, but there is one point that I'd like to make.

The 350z is an ENTRY LEVEL sports car. A real sports car would be a corvette, porsche, ferrari, lamborghini, panoz, lotus, 350GT, etc...

I understand that there are a few 500-600+rwhp 350z's that are a rare exception and by all means, get moved into the sports car class, but come on. You guys are talking about a 2 seater car that is over 3000 pounds and is propelled by a V-6 that is put into a damn mini van. (see the Nissan Quest)

The 350z and G35 are both great cars for their price segment, but don't get your heads too blown up or they won't fit inside of that little cramped space in your 350z.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:42 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is your point? From your post, it seems like you are saying that a "true" sports car is in the 500-600 WHP range, weighing less then 3000 pounds, and have a unique engine that isn't used anywhere else?

If that is your definition of a "true" sports car then the 2005 corvette producing 400hp and weighing 3200 pounds isn't really a "true" sports car. Also, that engine (LS2 V8) is put into the Trailblazer SUV as well.

With your arguement, the 2005 Corvette is an "entry level" sports car.

Oh, yeah. the Lotus Elise uses the Celica Inline-4 engine, the Celica must be a "true" sports car then.

I suggest you either change your arguement or show us some real defintion of "entry level" sports car.

Here, I'll list some "sports car" definition for you to start with:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sports%20car
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&h...fine:sports+car
http://www.answers.com/topic/sports-car
http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/Sports_car
http://www.wordreference.com/definition/sports%20car
http://dict.aiedu.com/word/sports%20car
http://www.freesearch.co.uk/dictionary/sports+car
http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Sports_car

Originally Posted by neffster
I don't have enough time, nor do I care to read this whole thread, but there is one point that I'd like to make.

The 350z is an ENTRY LEVEL sports car. A real sports car would be a corvette, porsche, ferrari, lamborghini, panoz, lotus, 350GT, etc...

I understand that there are a few 500-600+rwhp 350z's that are a rare exception and by all means, get moved into the sports car class, but come on. You guys are talking about a 2 seater car that is over 3000 pounds and is propelled by a V-6 that is put into a damn mini van. (see the Nissan Quest)

The 350z and G35 are both great cars for their price segment, but don't get your heads too blown up or they won't fit inside of that little cramped space in your 350z.

Last edited by ZlleH; 10-17-2005 at 04:51 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:58 AM
2002 Maxima SE

Originally Posted by oldsnail
so many people think g35... not even g35c is a class higher than 350z..
people think that just because it has infiniti badge, it's more expensive and better car..
Few days ago, I was telling a friend I was debating what to get between g35c and 350z, and she goes, but g35 is too expensive! and trust me, it's not the first time I've heard that.. :P
Why is a Cadillac XLR higher than a Chevy Suburban?

Why is a Lincoln Navigator higher than a Ford Expedition?

Why is a Lexus ES330 higher than a Toyota Camry?

The list goes on... every car maker does this.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:00 AM
G35audioman

ZlleH - Calm down bro. I understand your point, and I do agree with what you are saying. However, is there really a need to be argumentative over this? Posting links to definitions of the word "sports car" is a tad unnecessary. The definition of a "sports car" varies from one person to another.

The thing is, to many people the Z is an entry level sports car. It IS a sports car. However, it is in a different class from a porsche, corvette, etc. There is really no car below the price point of the 350Z that would move the 350Z out of the "entry level" categorization. Hence the labeling of the 350Z as an entry level sports car.

Nothing wrong with being entry level. Especially considering the capabilities of the Z. I think neffster was simply trying to point out this fact.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:04 AM
G35audioman

Originally Posted by 2002 Maxima SE
Why is a Cadillac XLR higher than a Chevy Suburban?
I think you mean "Why is a Cadillac Escalade higher than the Chevy Suburban?"

The XLR is similar to the Corvette.

Last edited by G35audioman; 10-17-2005 at 06:06 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:15 AM
Tattude

Originally Posted by G35audioman
Nothing wrong with being entry level. Especially considering the capabilities of the Z. I think neffster was simply trying to point out this fact.
The list can go on and on depending on what you might consider a sports car? But, here are a few sports cars that are not up to par (ALL AROUND) with the Z.

Infiniti G35 Coupe
Honda S2K
Audi TT
Acura RSX-S
Pontiac Crossfire
Ford Mustang
Mazda RX-8
Mitsu Eclipse GT
Toyota Celica GT-S
Old 10-17-2005, 06:19 AM
frenzy757

G35audioman. I dont think a 350z is an entry car at all...there are plenty of cars cheaper than Zs (new for new) that are sports cars... you could go with SRT4s which are cheap as hell, mitsu eclipse, acura rsx , chevy cobalt is trying to come in with a new sc engine. Then you move up one lvl to the 350z, rx8, s2000, maybe even the sti and evo. And if you REALLY want to say entry lvl, then its probably integras civics old eclipses stuff like that, I dont hink the 350 is an entry sports car at all.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:41 AM
G35audioman

When i think sports car, I usually think of a car that was designed from the start for that purpose. The SRT4 would not qualify. It's a glorified dodge neon.

Also, I have never considered the eclipse (i've owned 2 of them) to be a true sports car either. Imo, and remember, this is simply my opinion, I feel that the 350Z is a true sports car in its intentions in the market place. The Eclipse, cobalt, and RSX are not really sports cars. They are "sporty coupes" to me. They could never compete in performance with S2000's, 350z's, etc.

That is why i stated that the 350Z is an entry level sports car, albeit a true one.

And yes, i would agree that the G35 Coupe is not really a sports car. It's more of a luxury sports coupe.

Keep in mind that I had also stated that the definition of a "sports car" varies from one person to the next...

Last edited by G35audioman; 10-17-2005 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:51 AM
cessna

When i think sports car, I usually think of a car that was designed from the start for that purpose. The SRT4 would not qualify. It's a glorified dodge neon.

Also, I have never considered the eclipse (i've owned 2 of them) to be a true sports car either. Imo, and remember, this is simply my opinion, I feel that the 350Z is a true sports car in its intentions in the market place. The Eclipse, cobalt, and RSX are not really sports cars. They are "sporty coupes" to me. They could never compete in performance with S2000's, 350z's, etc.

That is why i stated that the 350Z is an entry level sports car, albeit a true one.

And yes, i would agree that the G35 Coupe is not really a sports car. It's more of a luxury sports coupe.

Keep in mind that I had also stated that the definition of a "sports car" varies from one person to the next...
I agree with that.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:46 AM
nnkfws333

I agree with this but the Cobalt, RSX, etc. are more called sport compact cars.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:11 AM
350GT_Frenzy

this tread is so damn funny. you crazy Z drivers. everytime i see a Z driver around where i live they always show love as i do back. But you guys here are really dumb. its the same car the G just looks better and has the SKYLINE look. Plus girls like the G better anyway. if you Z owners would come and look at the G forums there are people with stock Gs getting into the mid / low 13's. do your research. this is a funny read...
Old 10-17-2005, 10:24 AM
ZlleH

Yeah, like your post is any better . After reading your post, I think you will fit into this thread just fine. Pat yourself on the back because you just join the dumb club with the rest of us on this thread.

Originally Posted by 350GT_Frenzy
this tread is so damn funny. you crazy Z drivers. everytime i see a Z driver around where i live they always show love as i do back. But you guys here are really dumb. its the same car the G just looks better and has the SKYLINE look. Plus girls like the G better anyway. if you Z owners would come and look at the G forums there are people with stock Gs getting into the mid / low 13's. do your research. this is a funny read...
Old 10-17-2005, 01:12 PM
neffster

ZlleH , thanks for the narative, but what I'm saying is "A true sports car" doesn't have a minivan engine in it. Geesh...
Old 10-17-2005, 01:25 PM
SoCalTed

LOL... I am so glad I don't drive a coupe, or I might have to chime in cuz my feelings would be hurt.

On the same note, I've had nothing but love from, and for, my fellow 350zs and G coupes.

See most of you at the next GTG.

_Ted
Old 10-17-2005, 02:04 PM
ZlleH

But "A true sports car" has a SUV engine in it or a Celica engine in it?

Originally Posted by neffster
ZlleH , thanks for the narative, but what I'm saying is "A true sports car" doesn't have a minivan engine in it. Geesh...
Old 10-17-2005, 03:30 PM
cessna

Honnestly who the **** cares???
If my dream car came with the same engine as a minnivan, it would not make a difference one bit!
Either you like a car or you dont! Regardless of what other types of car's the same engine was ''transplanted in''!!!

ZlleH, you have a very nice ride brother, and I'm sure you'd still love her just as much even if she had the same engine as a minivan!!! (Ok, maby not )
Old 10-18-2005, 01:07 AM
vipnut

damm,
i can't believe what ppl are saying, cant everyone just give respect to the other car FOR WHAT IT IS?

its pretty much the same friggin car,

one is lighter with less seats, the other is heavier with a lil more luxury and back seats
Old 10-18-2005, 01:12 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

g > Z JUST KIDDING! You guys are all weirdos
Old 10-18-2005, 01:40 AM
Z_Driver
Master

My Pathfinder has the same engine as our 350Z's. I was hoping they were going to put this VQ engine in the Z. It was a huge selling point for me. I know the engine is reliable and strong from my experience with the Pathy. But, when they bumped the HP and smoothed it out a bit. I was sold. I started looking at G's and I ended up with a Z. Just like I started looking at a QX4 and bought a Pathfinder. What's up with that analog clock thing. So, outdated. So, old fogie. I didn't like some of the design features in the Infiniti's or the attitude I kept getting from the sales people over there.

I just didn't see spending the extra money was worth it to me.
If I had to have four seats it would have been the G35 however.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 10-18-2005 at 01:43 AM.

Quick Reply: Why do people think G35 is a class higher than 350z?