Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why do people think G35 is a class higher than 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 10:20 AM
arjunz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tattude
No opinions here...
350Z handles better, faster in every way
G35 is more luxuries, back seat
Maybe you should read the whole thread, you'll find a lot of opinions stated as facts. I really could care less, but it just reflects on the my350z.com forums. the fact is Z might be a little bit faster, but the performance advantage it has over the G is almost negligible. if a stock G and a stock Z were to race.. it would come down to the driver. as far as luxurious, G beats the Z by a big margin.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:22 AM
xswl0931

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmounk
I agree with the rat, the 350 is a true sports car and it has better aero parts as well.
You mean better aftermarket aero parts? Stock, the G35 coupe has a 0.29 coefficient of drag (0.28 with aero kit), the 350Z is 0.30 (0.29 with aero kit).
Old 10-14-2005, 10:27 AM
Endless G

Why the hate, is the same car, just the different style

Z was made to go against the S2000 cos' it was a 2 seater and it is trully what the japanese called a Sport Car according to Best Motoring 's commentator. They did said that the Z was under-priced in that video

G coupe was made for ppl who want some fun driving with the option of carrying ppl at the back.

Nissan just made these cos' they want a more option for the markets

JMO
Old 10-14-2005, 10:33 AM
G352NV

Heres the best part about the G. Its interior is nicer IMO. It has the same motor as the Z. I have four seats. Now throw FI at the G. You have the best of both.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:35 AM
Tattude

Originally Posted by arjunz
Maybe you should read the whole thread, you'll find a lot of opinions stated as facts. I really could care less, but it just reflects on the my350z.com forums. the fact is Z might be a little bit faster, but the performance advantage it has over the G is almost negligible. if a stock G and a stock Z were to race.. it would come down to the driver. as far as luxurious, G beats the Z by a big margin.
lol
MANY stock Z's are into the 13's.
MANY stock G's are into the low 14's.
A Z driver would have to miss a gear or REALLY suck totally driving to lose to a G. This is also FACT... I can beat an 05 Vette too if they suck at driving and miss a gear...
Old 10-14-2005, 10:39 AM
Racer Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krgs2k
g35=old fart sports car

PLEASE don't start the Z vs. G hatin'....They're BOTH good cars and BOTH look great IMO.

And you guys wonder WHY some people with the 300Z diss those of us with the 350Z or vice versa.

We NEED U-N-I-T-Y in the Nissan / Infiniti family.

Last edited by Racer Z; 10-14-2005 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:41 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Marketing.

Very few people actually think.

Most people listen to what is told them a belive it.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:42 AM
G352NV

Heres my old fart car.
Attached Thumbnails Why do people think G35 is a class higher than 350z?-picture-896.jpg  
Old 10-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Tattude

Originally Posted by G352NV
Heres my old fart car.
Very NICE...
Old 10-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm an old fart and drive the Z.

Ain't got no kids around the house to throw in the back.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:47 AM
blueg35

Originally Posted by G352NV
Heres my old fart car.
u have go to be kidding me Daytona Blue ? why? isn't caribbean or athens blue good enough for u?!?!
Old 10-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Tattude

You tell MC...
I've got your back. lol ABF2 here
Old 10-14-2005, 10:51 AM
jamnew

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
I'm an old fart and drive the Z.

Ain't got no kids around the house to throw in the back.
+1
Old 10-14-2005, 10:51 AM
EX250

lol
A Z driver would have to miss a gear or REALLY suck totally driving to lose to a G. This is also FACT... I can beat an 05 Vette too if they suck at driving and miss a gear...

Ok heres what I dont get. By INTO the 13's, you obviously mean just creeping in, which is very true. a 13.7 + versus a 14.1,2.3 is a DRIVERS race. There are better drivers than others. All things equal (meaning you have two people who REALLY know how to get the most out of their car) YES the Z is a little faster. However, from the people I've come across (MOSTLY KIDS, 16-18 years old, driving the Z as their FIRST car) CANNOT extract the level of performance that the car was meant for. I currently have:
JWT pop, Z tube, Crawford headers cats and plenum, UR underdrive set, Injen SES and the TS ecu.

I've raced Z's modded to the same extent and won. Why? Because I've been driving stick for quite a long time, have attended 5 days of driving school (2 classes) at Bondurant School, and have quite a few hours logged on that track outside of the classes.

IT IS A DRIVERS RACE. Not every person to get behind the wheel of an MT can drive, it's a fact. Another thing, magazine quote racing is for 12 year olds.

Currently my best time is a 13.8 @ 103 mph in my G35. Why such a low result? Could have to do with the fact that it was done on Pirelli winter snow sports. Could have to do with the fact that it was the middle of the summer. Could have to do with the fact that I ran about 2 hours after the NHRA drags finished up at Englishtown (where I used to live). I'm not one to make excuses, so for now, I'm just proud of my trap speed. I'd love to go back on my new summer tires or a set of drags and make you people realize that a low 13 second G35 with basic bolt ons is possible, just as is a Z.

All things equal, when you put two EQUALLY skilled drivers into each car, the Z has a slight advantage. However, not all of us are professional drivers. I personally am not, but I consider myself quite above average.

STOP the hate. This thread is insane. You wouldnt have to miss a gear to have a G walk on you, as a matter of fact, the last Z i raced (with the Rev up motor) I had almost 5 cars on by 150 mph. He didnt miss any gears, he just wasnt as good of a driver. If you HONESTLY think youll take an 05 vette if he misses a gear.... Id like to quote Michael Jackson during a south park episode.... "Thats Ignorant." The vette driver could be SLEEPING off the line and reel you in and tear you a new ******* by 40-60 mph. If he missed second? Ok, well then its gonna take him an extra second or two to show you his tail pipes.

You guys (not all of you, just the childish ones) need to get off your high horses. I'd love to catch anyone of you on the road and put you in your place, but then again, the differnce is, I wouldn't rush home to post about killing another Z in a street race...You guys seem to be the type that race and run home to brag. What's there to brag about? Oh guess what I found out I'm a better driver than this G owner. w00t. Silly. Childish. Immature. I think thats all that needs to be said.

Once again, to you guys who actually post out of maturity and intelligence on here, thank you. Atleast some of the Z owners on this board still have my respect.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:57 AM
arjunz

I've actually raced a Z... i just got him at Launch ... and he spun his wheels a little too much. I had him by more than 1/2 car at end which was around 80-90mph....it is truely a drivers race... its not too hard for a Z to lose to a G, actually not hard at all
Old 10-14-2005, 11:00 AM
arjunz

lol
Get your facts straight.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Lerxst

I love the G almost as much as my Z. They are practically the same car, with some tweaks to appeal to different buyers. If you're a Z owner that's hat'n the G, or vica versa, then you're self-hat'n... IMHO

Let there be peace

btw... those two G's above are nice... very nice!
Old 10-14-2005, 11:10 AM
dwoloz

Im apparently an old fart at 20
Old 10-14-2005, 11:18 AM
bcsaga

This is what happens when Nissan makes two similar cars with a lil' bit of differences and dub one Infiniti and one Nissan. Silly it is, really. An owner of either one would want to clarify which one is better to feel more 'superior'. I've seen it all the times from various forums. Last forum I was in, 3-series coupe owners were trying to hate on 3-series sedan owners, and vice versa.
Two different cars, but not different enough. So somehow people have to argue their way out to prove which is better. However, does it ever come to an end?

Let's be honest here. Z owners are jealous to admit G35s are almost as fast AND yet it carries an Infiniti badge. While G35 owners are jealous because "cheaper" Z can outrun G's. And the fact that they both share FM platform adds sufficient fuel to the flame war. (Don't be sensitive to the word, jealous please )

I'm not trying to start a flame war about who's being jealous and which car is better. Just that distinctive differences between the cars are what made us buy what we currently have. Price differences, 2+2 or 2 seater, driving pleasure, whatever.

Sometimes I look back and guess what if I got G35c instead. I could carry 2+ passengers (preferably girls) I could've had more luxury and the name value of Infiniti. Less harsh rides. But I bought my car that fits my needs. So I am very content while having second thoughts whenever I see a G.

In the end, however, when I drive the $hit outta my Z. This is the car that puts a grin on my face, which my former 330i couldn't do. I am pretty sure that G owners feel the same when they drive their cars.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:23 AM
FirstZ
Banned

Default missed the meaning of the thread

I drive a Z and can honestly say the G is a higher car, about 3" to the roof line, LOL

Quick Reply: Why do people think G35 is a class higher than 350z?