Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why do people think G35 is a class higher than 350z?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 07:16 PM
EZZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZlleH
My point is that they have the same people serving the Z and G at my dealership... what does that say about who they hire to do jobs for nissan or infiniti? Does that mean that I'm benifitting from the G technician or does that mean infiniti people are being serviced by the same technician that services my Z but think they are getting better service because of the word "Infiniti"?

PS: I got a loaner car when they did my axle TSB. They must have thought I was an Infiniti customer?
What can I say...you got a great Nissan dealership. The loaner is on the purchase agreement on Infinitis. Nissan cars do not come with the loaner guarantee. Plus Infiniti comes with a 4 year 60k mile warranty with a 70k powertrain. Much better than the Nissan 36k.
Old 10-14-2005, 07:32 PM
GTNPU Z
VERTEX Army CEO

Default Why do people think G35 is a class higher than 350Z?

http://www.answers.com/topic/nissan-motor-co-ltd-adr
"In 1966, Nissan merged with the Prince Motor Company, bringing into its range more upmarket cars, including the Skyline and Gloria. The Prince name was eventually abandoned, with successive Skylines and Glorias bearing the Nissan name. Nissan would introduce a new luxury brand for the US market in the late 1980s called Infiniti."
Old 10-14-2005, 07:34 PM
GEE35X

Originally Posted by EZZ
What can I say...you got a great Nissan dealership. The loaner is on the purchase agreement on Infinitis. Nissan cars do not come with the loaner guarantee. Plus Infiniti comes with a 4 year 60k mile warranty with a 70k powertrain. Much better than the Nissan 36k.
Yes I think it is up to the dealer.
I always got a loaner if required when I owned my 94 and my 02 Maxima from my Nissan dealer.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:01 AM
s14roller

I really have no idea why this thread was ever bought up. The question you asked was why do people think the G35 is in a higher class...that has NOTHING to do with how it performs/looks/handles as that's all perference. The reason why people would say the G is in a higher class is purely because of how it's marketed PERIOD. Which has more class...a Nissan Maxima or a Infiniti I30? Hell, personally I'd take a Maxima SE over the I30 but which has more class?
Ask "normal" people who don't care or know too much about cars and see what they say. It's how society sees it.

I also don't understand why people are ripping on the G35C as a slow-old person's car. To be quite honest, both the G and the Z are pretty slow...if I wanted a faster car, I would have kept my Supra TT.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:27 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, But how much did your supra TT cost in the day? We can put about $8k into a twin turbo setup and be way faster then the supra for less of the price.

Supra Turbo was $40k in 1997...

And no one said the G was a slow car. They were talking about the luxo look of the interior being geared towards older people like the buicks, etc.

Originally Posted by s14roller
I also don't understand why people are ripping on the G35C as a slow-old person's car. To be quite honest, both the G and the Z are pretty slow...if I wanted a faster car, I would have kept my Supra TT.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:30 AM
bruce350z

seriously.....

you guys like how the g35c looks? what the hell? that car doesn't come close to the 350z in terms of looks.... come on now!!!
Old 10-15-2005, 10:14 AM
cessna

I disagree,.... the Z is a tad faster, but it is not the ''be all end all'' compaired to the G.....
Its a question of personal tastes......
Old 10-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by bruce350z
seriously.....

you guys like how the g35c looks? what the hell? that car doesn't come close to the 350z in terms of looks.... come on now!!!
You know, it's got to be personal taste thing. When the Z and G first came out I liked the G better. The Z seemed too edgy. Now that time has passed, it has grown on me and I like the Z better.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:36 AM
jnkirk1974

This is one seriously retarded thread. Nobody should talk bad about either car. They are basically the same car anyway.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by jnkirk1974
This is one seriously retarded thread. Nobody should talk bad about either car. They are basically the same car anyway.
I agree. They are both GREAT cars !!!
Old 10-15-2005, 01:10 PM
cessna

Old 10-15-2005, 01:17 PM
AZZGUY

Default g35 vs z

Originally Posted by Tattude
OK... and I have a 11" co-k
Good comparison! but please dont post a photo showing how terribly short it may be!
Old 10-15-2005, 01:20 PM
AZZGUY

Default supra

Originally Posted by s14roller
I really have no idea why this thread was ever bought up. The question you asked was why do people think the G35 is in a higher class...that has NOTHING to do with how it performs/looks/handles as that's all perference. The reason why people would say the G is in a higher class is purely because of how it's marketed PERIOD. Which has more class...a Nissan Maxima or a Infiniti I30? Hell, personally I'd take a Maxima SE over the I30 but which has more class?
Ask "normal" people who don't care or know too much about cars and see what they say. It's how society sees it.

Good thing you added "sold" on the bottom of your post there - so we know how you really feel
Old 10-15-2005, 01:35 PM
AZZGUY

Default porsche

Originally Posted by trackmagic
I hope your joking me about the scion porsche thing. First of all you must be blind or just straight up retarded to think the G and the Scion look the same. Second, how could u say ur car looks like a porsche? I just got a carrera S and hearing you say that makes me gag and want to sell it. Seriously, you drive a damn nissan. Its nothing special so get over it.

Also if anyone is planning on replying to this, dont, becasue I never read this forum.
Hey, let's all applaude - glad to hear that - doubt that the dude has ever been close to a porsche.
Old 10-15-2005, 02:10 PM
STOLEN G

I drive an 05 G that I bought myself, at 22. I am now 23 and 2 years away from final payoff. Not asking for a cookie, but for the grandpa comments to stop.

When I started out looking for a car, it was between the Z, G and 330Ci. I started to think about it and did want the 2 extra seats. I also do agree that the G fits the "mature" genre and even more reason why I wanted to get it for myself, being young. I take pride in knowing I can get something for myself that "older" people work all thier lives for. I respect the Z and its heritage, but saying that one car is better than the other it really stupid. Everyones got thier own taste. Thats why we all drive different cars. We drive what makes us happy right? Now for those who regret what they bought, it IS VERY apparent within your comments.

The G has become alot more refined since its initial release. This is ever so apparent in the 05 and 06 model features, interior, etc...

The market is split up between sport and luxury and a little in between. Its meant to target the entire spectrum of age.
Old 10-15-2005, 06:28 PM
S-tuned

Originally Posted by bruce350z
seriously.....

comon now 350Z is awsome but nothing sexier than a nice clean G35c. but thats my opinion,
Old 10-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by fahrenheit350
but the Z will always be faster
Not faster than my G....muuhahhahaha!
Old 10-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Yup, it's true...this thread is gay...
Old 10-15-2005, 09:13 PM
r26

this is better, that is better, *%uck it. we're all lucky to be driving great cars. that's right, the z and the g are great. neither of them are slow, ugly, cheap, or old. i love these two cars. if i ended up with a g instead of the z, i would have been equally happy. these two cars just have their own personalities. which one is better? the question should be, which one is better for you? for the rest of you ripping on the g, i really wish you would stop because it's making most z owners look bad. some of you g owners are also looking bad.
Old 10-15-2005, 09:22 PM
s14roller

Originally Posted by mecinoid
I agree. They are both GREAT cars !!!

Quick Reply: Why do people think G35 is a class higher than 350z?