Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I got pulled by 5 cops in DE~!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 05:24 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is right on campus of a major major university
maybe kids there get mad smashed and get in to a motor vehicle and drive around the block waiting for a patroling officer to send them to jail and get their license revoked...
cuz campus patrol and police patrol go around the campus like nothing else... u'll see something going past that has strobe lights on the top of the car every 2 minutes (NO JOKE)
and i bet the kids goto the campus knows whats going on better than i do rather than pushing their luck (basically none)...
officers should know that too...

Last edited by Vamos_Rafael; 10-16-2005 at 05:38 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:07 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice, Man i HATE THOSE PIGS.. all they do is mess up your day!
Old 10-16-2005, 06:16 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find nicer cops are the more experienced, seasoned, and older cops. While most of the a$$hole cops that I have gotton are the young, rookie cops.

In my view Cops should understand that they are paid by us, the citizen to protect us. And even if they pull us over suspecting we did something wrong, you have to at least treat us with some respect since we are paying your salery.

Everytime I'm pulled over by a young/rookie cop, I feel like they are talking to me in a really sarcastic manner. They are very rude and condisending.

With older and seasoned cops, They are polite, not sarcastice or rude. I don't know if they've calmed down from their powertrip or they understand that they work for the public, not against the public.

And about brotherhood rules and such, it isn't just for fellow cops, friends, and family they let go. I work for a federal agency in my country(Canada's version of the FBI) When I was pulled over for speeding, I told them the truth, I was late for a meeting and it was a stupid thing to do to try and make it to a meeting. He asked me where I worked and so I told him the Federal agency name (Basically I work on one of the computer programs in his cruiser that helps him pull me over ) So after I told him where I worked, he let me go with no ticket. It helped that I had my parking pass for the complex as well as my security Badge with me as well. I saw him glance down on the badge before he let me go.

Last edited by ZlleH; 10-16-2005 at 06:19 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:13 AM
AZZGUY

Man... come on
I rolled out and i forgot headlamps cuz university city is like lit like day light anyway so i didnt even find the difference....
then immediately lights flashing behind me
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did the same thing the day I bought my car. Drove it home and decided to take the wife out to eat. We left the restaurant and was on a 4 lane leading to the nearby expressway - I saw those light flashing be hind me - immediately pulled over to the side - which was less lighted - then suddenly realized my lights werent turned on. He walked up beside my window and I thought I had been had for sure! He asked for my license and registration. I showed him my license then suddenly realized I hadnt put my purchase papers in the car! I explained I had just purchased the car that afternoon ( i did have the temporarly paper plate on the rear ). I guess looking at me - he figured being as old as I was - and my wife with me I hadnt stolen the car! LOL - Didnt get any tickets! Nice cop! He could have given me two.
Old 10-16-2005, 08:48 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by AZZGUY
Man... come on
I rolled out and i forgot headlamps cuz university city is like lit like day light anyway so i didnt even find the difference....
then immediately lights flashing behind me
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did the same thing the day I bought my car. Drove it home and decided to take the wife out to eat. We left the restaurant and was on a 4 lane leading to the nearby expressway - I saw those light flashing be hind me - immediately pulled over to the side - which was less lighted - then suddenly realized my lights werent turned on. He walked up beside my window and I thought I had been had for sure! He asked for my license and registration. I showed him my license then suddenly realized I hadnt put my purchase papers in the car! I explained I had just purchased the car that afternoon ( i did have the temporarly paper plate on the rear ). I guess looking at me - he figured being as old as I was - and my wife with me I hadnt stolen the car! LOL - Didnt get any tickets! Nice cop! He could have given me two.
Lol.. so weak though.. like parking garage was lit up like nothing else then the street was lit up too... cant really tell if headlamps were on or not...
so its like WTF...
lamps need to be automatic like bmws or something..
Old 10-16-2005, 08:54 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by jvanquish
Lol.. so weak though.. like parking garage was lit up like nothing else then the street was lit up too... cant really tell if headlamps were on or not...
so its like WTF...
lamps need to be automatic like bmws or something..
Just an FYI, alcohol is not completely gone after 4 hours. Best bet is don't drink for at least 8 hours or more when you operate a vehicle. I popped an 18-wheeler truck driver the other morning at 6:00 a.m., he stopped drinking 4 hours prior. Got him for Driver While Impaired! .05-.08 Now hes out of a job and more! Not worth it!

BTW, whats your Major?
Old 10-16-2005, 10:31 AM
Vamos_Rafael

ugh the drinks i had 4 hours prior to that were minimal...
1 rum martini
1 white russian
1 seagram mix things i onno what they are called
... thats it..
thats plenty time to expell these from my system...
then i knew i had to drive so i was jump around outside lol...
Old 10-16-2005, 05:22 PM
baileyrx

Let me start by saying, that, in general I like the Police. My brothers a cop.
MP for 20 years Iraq twice ('91 & '03), cop now for 2 more and going.

same thing happened to my wife, coming back from her high school renuion.

I had been drinking she doesn't... so she drove my car.
Saturday night, midnight, and she didn't turn the headlights on. Were in the city so you really cant tell. And shes driving like 5mph UNDER the speed limit.

Well 1 cop pulls us over, we wait a little then 2 others show up.
She totally sober! They ask her to get out & proceed to do the whole drunk driver test. Now, my wife has NO coordination whatsoever. I have my head stinking out the moon roof the entire time watching the "action". She barely touches her nose, probably poked her eye once or twice. Cant walk a straight line to save her life. next they ask her to blow into the breathalizer... and they're all salivating now...

ha... 0.0!!! the look on their faces was priceless!!

So I yell out "do it again!"

They thought they had one for sure. They apologized ans let her go.

Basically late night, no lights, woman driving slow... BIG RED FLAG-usually
Old 10-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by baileyrx
Let me start by saying, that, in general I like the Police. My brothers a cop.
MP for 20 years Iraq twice ('91 & '03), cop now for 2 more and going.

same thing happened to my wife, coming back from her high school renuion.

I had been drinking she doesn't... so she drove my car.
Saturday night, midnight, and she didn't turn the headlights on. Were in the city so you really cant tell. And shes driving like 5mph UNDER the speed limit.

Well 1 cop pulls us over, we wait a little then 2 others show up.
She totally sober! They ask her to get out & proceed to do the whole drunk driver test. Now, my wife has NO coordination whatsoever. I have my head stinking out the moon roof the entire time watching the "action". She barely touches her nose, probably poked her eye once or twice. Cant walk a straight line to save her life. next they ask her to blow into the breathalizer... and they're all salivating now...

ha... 0.0!!! the look on their faces was priceless!!

So I yell out "do it again!"

They thought they had one for sure. They apologized ans let her go.

Basically late night, no lights, woman driving slow... BIG RED FLAG-usually

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA that cracked me up
Old 10-16-2005, 06:50 PM
zedated

I got stopped late (~11:30-ish) one evening on my way home. The officer said I was weaving (I'm 99% sure I wasn't). I made a U-turn under the freeway without my turn signal, so he used that as a reason to pull me over. Then he proceeded to quiz me about drinking, which I hadn't been. He put his pen in front of my face and made me follow it with my eyes.

Anyway, my inspection was out, so he gave me a ticket for that and let me go. Normally, if you correct the inspection violation, the court will dismiss your citation, if it occurred within 60 days of expiration of your inspection sticker. Well, I got my ticket on the 61st day, so they would not dismiss it!

So, I'm wondering if the cop saw me, then ran my plate through his computer... and knew that my inspection *might* be out 61 days?? Do they have such information??

It's fine if they do have such information and they want to use that to pull me over... and I don't mind so much that he gave me a ticket for an expired inspection, but I was completely offended that he made up some BS story (weaving) in order to pull me over.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:57 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by zedated
I got stopped late (~11:30-ish) one evening on my way home. The officer said I was weaving (I'm 99% sure I wasn't). I made a U-turn under the freeway without my turn signal, so he used that as a reason to pull me over. Then he proceeded to quiz me about drinking, which I hadn't been. He put his pen in front of my face and made me follow it with my eyes.

Anyway, my inspection was out, so he gave me a ticket for that and let me go. Normally, if you correct the inspection violation, the court will dismiss your citation, if it occurred within 60 days of expiration of your inspection sticker. Well, I got my ticket on the 61st day, so they would not dismiss it!

So, I'm wondering if the cop saw me, then ran my plate through his computer... and knew that my inspection *might* be out 61 days?? Do they have such information??

It's fine if they do have such information and they want to use that to pull me over... and I don't mind so much that he gave me a ticket for an expired inspection, but I was completely offended that he made up some BS story (weaving) in order to pull me over.
He knew it was expired because of the sticker on your front windshield. They don't have a log for that, only for your registration!
Old 10-16-2005, 07:04 PM
lascala26

What's up with all the Delaware bashing? Delaware isn't that bad. Wilmington has a nice little scene on the weekends (Trolley Square) and Dewey beach is way better than any Jersey beach for partying. It is butt cheap to live here and it is even easier to get a job that overpays. My house, if in NJ/PA, would almost be double the price I paid for it here. No sales tax rules. If you are not content staying in Delaware for the weekend...then it is only 35 minutes to Phlly from Wilmington and 45 to Baltimore.

I'm not saying Delaware is the greatest place to live....just saying it isn't as bad as most of you think. I have to stick up for my little state.

* Spend a weekend at the University of Delaware if you really want to have some fun. Best 5 years of my life.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:13 PM
zedated

Originally Posted by zand02max
He knew it was expired because of the sticker on your front windshield. They don't have a log for that, only for your registration!
Perhaps... except that it was very dark out and he was behind me. I doubt he saw the sticker.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:18 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by zedated
Perhaps... except that it was very dark out and he was behind me. I doubt he saw the sticker.
He did not come up to the vehicle after the traffic stop?
Old 10-16-2005, 07:39 PM
xephiron

been pulled over 9 times since I got my car, and I have heard every excuse:

-- it looked like you were speeding, but I didn't radar you... I told him it looks fast in the parking lot... anyway he stupid *** had no choice but to let me know.

-- Been a few times where they "received a call I was driving wreckless, or speeding, or nearly running poeple off the road..." etc... um, nice try, but anyway even if I was what is your point, you didn't see it.

Long story short, only 2 times I actually got a ticket, 1 I already raped him in court and the 2nd I have to go in 3 weeks. Improper Lane Change??? I think there are real criminals out there who don't happen to drive sports cars.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:41 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by xephiron
been pulled over 9 times since I got my car, and I have heard every excuse:

-- it looked like you were speeding, but I didn't radar you... I told him it looks fast in the parking lot... anyway he stupid *** had no choice but to let me know.

-- Been a few times where they "received a call I was driving wreckless, or speeding, or nearly running poeple off the road..." etc... um, nice try, but anyway even if I was what is your point, you didn't see it.

Long story short, only 2 times I actually got a ticket, 1 I already raped him in court and the 2nd I have to go in 3 weeks. Improper Lane Change??? I think there are real criminals out there who don't happen to drive sports cars.
Had my 03 Z and now 05 Z, been almost 3 years driving them, guess what, NEVER been pulled over. Guess its all in how you drive!
Old 10-16-2005, 08:57 PM
zedated

He did not come up to the vehicle after the traffic stop?
Yes, but his reason for stopping me was bogus. Also, it was very coincidental that it was the 61st day that my inspection was out, hence my wondering if he had computer info about it. That's all, just curious.
Old 10-16-2005, 09:36 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Had my 03 Z and now 05 Z, been almost 3 years driving them, guess what, NEVER been pulled over. Guess its all in how you drive!
How old r u?
age matters
if ur a young kid driving a Z... they usually want to teach u a lesson
if ur black they teach it to u the rodney king way...
JUST KIDDING damn...
Old 10-16-2005, 10:38 PM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bamyi
You're 100% right. I was taught in training that you NEVER give any cops, firemen or ambulance personnel tickets, no matter where they work. Its an unwritten rule, brother hood code, whatever you want to call it but its a universal rule. I belive this CHP was so bias against sports car driver that he broke the code. In my department, he would be stoned to death old school style.
This "ambulance personnel", does it include docs?

I've been pulled over a couple of times, and the officers were always very professional and courteous, and they always let me go (but my infractions were always minor, for example, maybe 10mph over limit or something).

I never tell them I'm a physician. I never sell it. But they will notice certain things, like a stethoscope or the coat.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:39 AM
The Mike

What time was it? Had the donut shops just closed?

Quick Reply: I got pulled by 5 cops in DE~!