2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I got pulled by 5 cops in DE~!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 09:41 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink I got pulled by 5 cops in DE~!

Man... come on
I rolled out and i forgot headlamps cuz university city is like lit like day light anyway so i didnt even find the difference....
then immediately lights flashing behind me... i was like wtf did i do wrong im going below speed limit for f*ck sake! Then i saw headlamp switch - i didnt roll it (OFF) i was like omg no way im getting in trouble for this! Then i saw the cop calling for back up then 3 minutes later... i was surrounded =\ scared like hell i was speechless cuz i know what the hell they are thinking --> DUI (game over)... but i had nothing to drink at least for like 4 hours so im clean like a whistle.... then after intense interogation they left me go with out ticket without warning.... *PHEW*
scary...
Old 10-15-2005, 09:46 PM
cloudy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the cops around you are bored.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:37 PM
KingOfV6

Default po po

damnit that sucks, well at least u went away clean, please describe the "intense interogation" what did they do, or make u do.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Vamos_Rafael

like cuz i realized no lamps at midnight = drunk, stupid, or on drugs
so i got really really scared so i was like BLAH BLAH BLAH then the cops cant hear **** theni was like word for word slow motion style speaking then they were asking like exactly where im going, exactly where im coming from, like real specific stuff, like they thought i was on somehting... i didnt walk the line or anything cuz i was like perfectly fine...
but then they were like asking more stuff consulting with stuff i onno...

i was like thinking to myself... i got absolutely no $ for any police fines!
Old 10-15-2005, 10:43 PM
lax91181

That'll teach ya to leave the main-line, where cops only pull over soccer moms in SUV's. That sucks though, glad you got away with a warning. Only go to Delaware for tax free shopping.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by jvanquish
like cuz i realized no lamps at midnight = drunk, stupid, or on drugs
so i got really really scared so i was like BLAH BLAH BLAH then the cops cant hear **** theni was like word for word slow motion style speaking then they were asking like exactly where im going, exactly where im coming from, like real specific stuff, like they thought i was on somehting... i didnt walk the line or anything cuz i was like perfectly fine...
but then they were like asking more stuff consulting with stuff i onno...

i was like thinking to myself... i got absolutely no $ for any police fines!
suggestion: don't like, major in english.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Vamos_Rafael

main line is nice place =)
knowing where the speed traps r is veryhelp ful...
hey btw
u know matsonford road coming down from KOP road the big curves and the hills...
that spot is nice touge style road but its MAD dangerous my friend spun out and hit the wall while i was about a bus length behind him... VDC kicked in and saved me...
back to main topic....
the police was very nice though i think they realized im not drunk and my flawlesss driving record placed a role in it too i think
Old 10-15-2005, 10:52 PM
Racer Z
Banned

You were in boring *** "I just saw a tumbleweed roll by" Delaware...no wonder.

I just spent several weeks for new job training in Wilmington, DE....Crazy boring...almost lost my MF mind.

DE Cops getting nervous cuz they're tryin' to meet their ticket quota for this month...So dis dude called his 4 other cop buddies chillin' at the Krispy Kreme on Concord Pike and was like "Hey, we got a Red Z...I'll let you guys each write a ticket on this one!!"
Old 10-15-2005, 10:53 PM
KingOfV6

All that huss and fuss over your no lights.....kina off topic but It's times like these that i am so glad the Z has so many stash boxes in the car(for purposes only known by me), god knows i have put them to good use I have never owned a car with so many storage compartments i freaking love it, i can pretty much have everything i need. btw has anyone ever gotten there compartments searched?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:54 PM
lax91181

Best places are back in Willistown Township by malvern, between malvern and the twp they only have 6 cops during the day and 4 at night, they never patrol backroads, just stop fully at stop signs. Lots of good twisties around there.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:57 PM
Racer Z
Banned

Originally Posted by lax91181
That'll teach ya to leave the main-line, where cops only pull over soccer moms in SUV's. That sucks though, glad you got away with a warning. Only go to Delaware for tax free shopping.
ONLY reason I went to Delaware is because I now work for AstraZeneca (based in Wilmington).

Otherwise, they're really not much to do there...and the money I save on "tax free shopping" is gobbled up in the gas that I use in getting there = ZERO SAVINGS.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:59 PM
lax91181

true about the gas, i guess it pays to live closer to the border, that and I take the beater cause a tv doesn't exactly fit in the z.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:08 PM
Racer Z
Banned

I may actually use my company car ('05 Grand Prix) to go to DE occassionally to save money on big purchases like a TV or PC...or maybe the clothing outlets.

Since my company pays for the gas...why the heck not??
Old 10-16-2005, 12:58 AM
bamyi

Ok, I understand that cop bashing is like politician bashing, its easy and its a part of the American way. So my purpose of this post is to at least shed some light and maybe help others understand on some of the things cops do.

First off, let me be the first to acknowledge that not all cops understand the importance, pride and respect of wearing a badge. Like in all career fields, you can never have a %100 success rate when it comes to hiring the best possible canidate for the positions. However, many of the actions taken by excellent officers are commonly and instantly viewed by the public as wrong, bias, abusive and often the officers are unfairly judged as such.

Please take note that in the field of Law Enforcement, "officer safety" is engrinded in the minds of every officer, every day, every shift. No one wants to die, but I know many officers who would take a bullet for a complete stranger if they had to, then there are officers who want to come home to their wife/husband, daugthers, or sons at the end of the shift. Can you blame them?

Ok, now on to some police tactics. I will use your story as a basis for some of these tactics.

1. "Why so many officers? I'm not a dangerous person."
A. Many department have policies which states that an officer should have a cover unit when conducting traffic stops. (Please note that more officers are killed during traffic stops than any another circumstances) This may not always be the case since for some small cities, there isn't just enough officers to assist as cover. Now remember the officer saftey issue, you never show up to a fight to fight fair. If you lose just ONE fight, you die. This is not a video game where there is a reset button.
B. In your case, something must of cause this officer to heighten his officer saftey awareness, thus calling for more officers. If he suspects, as you belive, that this may be a DUI, then yes, you must have at least one additional officer since most drunks LOVE to fight. I understand that the mere presence of several officers can strike fear and intimidations. In a sense, that is the goal, however, it is not meant to be directed toward law abaiding citizens.

2. "Its a small traffic infractions, why the hassel?"
A.Yes, having your headlights out is a small infractions and I know of very few officers who would issue such a ticket. But lets take another angle at this. Lets say that five minutes ago, dispatched aired that a male party was involved in a disturbance. He was last seen heading East in a two door sports vehicle, unkown color, unkown if he's armed. You happen to be within the vicinity. You see my point? The traffic violation was the proable cause needed to conduct a stop and investigate futher. Now had he gave you the ticket then thats a different story.
B. Most felony arrest, drug bust, etc. are discovered during a traffic stop, hence why a traffic stop is so dangerous. Remember that one of the 911 hijackers was pulled over for speeding the day before 911? It MIGHT just be that had the hijackers name was in the database, one less plane would of been hijacked. The point is, many officers during "slow time" will use any violations as a means to conduct a stop in hoping that he will find a more serious violations.

A true story that concludes my point. Rookie year: Its around 2am in the morning, and the shift was very slow. In front of me was a truck with a broken tail light. I called out my traffic stop to "fish around", but in my mind I had already made a decision that I was not issuing the ticket. I approached the vehicle (1st mistake) without asking for backup. I can smell a strong odor of alcohol emminating from the vehicle and the driver's breath. I asked him to step out of his vehicle (2nd mistake) and realized he is 6'3", 250lb replica of the Terminator. I'm 5'4", 120lb replica of me. I ran his name and he comes back with a warrant. I informed him he was under arrest (3rd mistake) and finally called for backup. (I should of waited for cover THEN informed him he was under arrest)

Mr. Terminator puts up his hands, gets in a fighting stance and walks toward me!! I puker my A-hole as hard as I can asked for my cover units to "STEP IT UP!!" Within seconds I hear sirens around the corner and two additonal squad cars come flying in. The officers jumped out, tasers in hand, and surrounded Mr. Terminator. (The two cover units had ride-a-longs so it looks like there were four cops) Mr. Terminator realizes he can't win this fight and gives up.

Back at the station my superior officer rips me a new hole. "You fukin NEVER conduct a DUI alone and NEVER EVER make an arrest alone and if you do, I'll FUKIN KILL YOU MYSELF!!!" Point taken and I went to the locker room to un-puker my A-hole with a crowbar.

Hope this shed some light on why cops do what they do.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:19 AM
Racer Z
Banned

We hear ya, Bamyi....It's just that car enthusiasts and cops are like Oil and Water...they DON'T mix.

I have a cousin who is a NJ State Trooper and is very professional as are many cops. Just seems that many cops are callous, uncaring, nasty...definitely NOT people persons...LOL.

I despise the cops in my neighborhood...They are truly a bunch of bored, Krispy Kreme Donut eatin' MF's.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:29 AM
bamyi

I've seen those around to and they honestly embarass me. I don't live in your neck of the woods so I can't comment on your cops. I also hear you on the sport car thing, I got a ticket last month in CA for going ten over in a back road where there was NO other cars for miles by a ROOKIE CHP. I got the ticket not because of the speed but because of the Z. He stated, "you sports car drivers are all reckless ppl" WOW! Talk about bias and good public relations.

Trust me, I wanted to ripe that badge right off of him and tell him he didn't deserve such an honor to wear it.

Last edited by bamyi; 10-16-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:39 AM
Racer Z
Banned

Hold Up, Bamyi.....Cops giving OTHER cops tickets?? That kinda stuff is TABOO around here. My cousin, the NJ state trooper, gave me a sticker for my car and If I do get pulled over, I just mention his name and it's like "no problem....have a nice day" from the cop.

And I know that cops have this "code" against screwing each other over (like what happened in your case).

That's grounds for getting blackballed in the department, from what I understand. You would instantly gain PUNK status and if you needed another cop as backup for a dangerous situation, you just might be left on your own to get shot.

Or...the other cops might set you up as the fall guy, in a Internal Affairs type of situation.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:53 AM
bamyi

You're 100% right. I was taught in training that you NEVER give any cops, firemen or ambulance personnel tickets, no matter where they work. Its an unwritten rule, brother hood code, whatever you want to call it but its a universal rule. I belive this CHP was so bias against sports car driver that he broke the code. In my department, he would be stoned to death old school style.
Old 10-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Pats300zx
ECZA-President

Originally Posted by bamyi
Ok, I understand that cop bashing is like politician bashing, its easy and its a part of the American way. So my purpose of this post is to at least shed some light and maybe help others understand on some of the things cops do.

First off, let me be the first to acknowledge that not all cops understand the importance, pride and respect of wearing a badge. Like in all career fields, you can never have a %100 success rate when it comes to hiring the best possible canidate for the positions. However, many of the actions taken by excellent officers are commonly and instantly viewed by the public as wrong, bias, abusive and often the officers are unfairly judged as such.

Please take note that in the field of Law Enforcement, "officer safety" is engrinded in the minds of every officer, every day, every shift. No one wants to die, but I know many officers who would take a bullet for a complete stranger if they had to, then there are officers who want to come home to their wife/husband, daugthers, or sons at the end of the shift. Can you blame them?

Ok, now on to some police tactics. I will use your story as a basis for some of these tactics.

1. "Why so many officers? I'm not a dangerous person."
A. Many department have policies which states that an officer should have a cover unit when conducting traffic stops. (Please note that more officers are killed during traffic stops than any another circumstances) This may not always be the case since for some small cities, there isn't just enough officers to assist as cover. Now remember the officer saftey issue, you never show up to a fight to fight fair. If you lose just ONE fight, you die. This is not a video game where there is a reset button.
B. In your case, something must of cause this officer to heighten his officer saftey awareness, thus calling for more officers. If he suspects, as you belive, that this may be a DUI, then yes, you must have at least one additional officer since most drunks LOVE to fight. I understand that the mere presence of several officers can strike fear and intimidations. In a sense, that is the goal, however, it is not meant to be directed toward law abaiding citizens.

2. "Its a small traffic infractions, why the hassel?"
A.Yes, having your headlights out is a small infractions and I know of very few officers who would issue such a ticket. But lets take another angle at this. Lets say that five minutes ago, dispatched aired that a male party was involved in a disturbance. He was last seen heading East in a two door sports vehicle, unkown color, unkown if he's armed. You happen to be within the vicinity. You see my point? The traffic violation was the proable cause needed to conduct a stop and investigate futher. Now had he gave you the ticket then thats a different story.
B. Most felony arrest, drug bust, etc. are discovered during a traffic stop, hence why a traffic stop is so dangerous. Remember that one of the 911 hijackers was pulled over for speeding the day before 911? It MIGHT just be that had the hijackers name was in the database, one less plane would of been hijacked. The point is, many officers during "slow time" will use any violations as a means to conduct a stop in hoping that he will find a more serious violations.

A true story that concludes my point. Rookie year: Its around 2am in the morning, and the shift was very slow. In front of me was a truck with a broken tail light. I called out my traffic stop to "fish around", but in my mind I had already made a decision that I was not issuing the ticket. I approached the vehicle (1st mistake) without asking for backup. I can smell a strong odor of alcohol emminating from the vehicle and the driver's breath. I asked him to step out of his vehicle (2nd mistake) and realized he is 6'3", 250lb replica of the Terminator. I'm 5'4", 120lb replica of me. I ran his name and he comes back with a warrant. I informed him he was under arrest (3rd mistake) and finally called for backup. (I should of waited for cover THEN informed him he was under arrest)

Mr. Terminator puts up his hands, gets in a fighting stance and walks toward me!! I puker my A-hole as hard as I can asked for my cover units to "STEP IT UP!!" Within seconds I hear sirens around the corner and two additonal squad cars come flying in. The officers jumped out, tasers in hand, and surrounded Mr. Terminator. (The two cover units had ride-a-longs so it looks like there were four cops) Mr. Terminator realizes he can't win this fight and gives up.

Back at the station my superior officer rips me a new hole. "You fukin NEVER conduct a DUI alone and NEVER EVER make an arrest alone and if you do, I'll FUKIN KILL YOU MYSELF!!!" Point taken and I went to the locker room to un-puker my A-hole with a crowbar.

Hope this shed some light on why cops do what they do.
\\\\

Couldn't have said it better myself Bamyi....
Old 10-16-2005, 04:45 AM
bamyi

Originally Posted by Z BOY
suggestion: don't like, major in english.
just caught that, thats funny.

Quick Reply: I got pulled by 5 cops in DE~!