Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
View Poll Results: Do you like cloth seats or leather seats better?
Cloth
34.19%
Leather
65.81%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Do you like the cloth seats or leather seats better?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by zedated
Fwiw, leather can be repaired such that you can't tell it was damaged. A dealer service department scratched one of my seats once, so they had it smoothed and recolored to match. If you didn't know it was there, you wouldn't have noticed.
How much did they charge you? It cost me over $175 for that same repair a couple of years ago through the stealership. You can't even tell it was damaged. These guy did a great job. I asked them what it would have cost if it was cloth. They said about $125 cause if they had to take the seat apart and put in new cloth. But, the cloth would not have damaged by a belt of someone getting out.

BTW- If I want to fix the leather in my Pathfinder They want $225 to replace that one piece. Most of it is labor. You can not use the system repair on such a large area. I have already checked it out with two different shops.
I'll wait another year or so but, I will probably get it fixed so my Pathfinder looks like new again.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 10-18-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:43 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
The Z interior is "early areospace" & the cloth adds to the image!
That's about right.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:05 AM
zedated

Originally Posted by mecinoid
How much did they charge you? It cost me over $175 for that same repair a couple of years ago through the stealership. You can't even tell it was damaged. These guy did a great job. I asked them what it would have cost if it was cloth. They said about $125 cause if they had to take the seat apart and put in new cloth. But, the cloth would not have damaged by a belt of someone getting out.

BTW- If I want to fix the leather in my Pathfinder They want $225 to replace that one piece. Most of it is labor. You can not use the system repair on such a large area. I have already checked it out with two different shops.
I'll wait another year or so but, I will probably get it fixed so my Pathfinder looks like new again.
The dealer paid for mine because their service person scratched it with a screwdriver. It was a 3-4 inch scratch deep enough to show undyed leather. They smoothed the rough edges and re-dyed that part. My car was in the shop for a half day for misc. service and they had it done before I picked it up. They were upfront and told me what happened and what they did to correct it, so I was fine with it.