Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Some dealers crack me up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2005, 03:02 PM
jackie chan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeleven
i got my 05 / 350Z /Euth model / auto for 28,700 out the door.

you deserve a cookie
Old 11-02-2005, 03:31 PM
s3fddiZ

Also depends on the color too. I got my PPW for 500 over invoice, but it was the only one on the east coast when i bought it. If i wanted black, blue, or silver i could have got the car for under invoice. Probably with some goodies thrown in too. You just gotta bully them nicely and prove to them that you know more about the car then they do. And dont be afraid to walk away, that usually can get you alot of money shaved off the car.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:34 AM
Damn Yankee

Default 06 Coupe

Picked mine up a week ago. $1,300 under invoice...no dealer add-ons, no dealer advertising on the car, etc. He even had to truck it in from SC. The only Blue 6 speed in the southeast. But I got the Z I wanted at a good price.
Let me know if you want the saleman's name and number.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:36 AM
Vamos_Rafael

u know the other side have to make some profit too.............
people got to eat
Old 11-03-2005, 05:06 AM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jvanquish
u know the other side have to make some profit too.............
people got to eat
Not if it's by ripping people off. Why let them make a sizable profit when there's plenty of places that will give you a good deal. If you have to put food on the table by selling new cars then your in the wrong business.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:07 AM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Not if it's by ripping people off. Why let them make a sizable profit when there's plenty of places that will give you a good deal. If you have to put food on the table by selling new cars then your in the wrong business.
hahaah. I wouldn't call paying under sticker a ripoff.

I love it when people complain and ***** that the dealer isnt bending over backwards for them, when they want to pay under invoice on a car. You want more and more service and want to pay less profit, how does that make sense? The auto industry relationship with customers is really a sad thing, dealers lie to customers and customers lie to dealers. The biggest ******* customers are the same guys that don't want to pay a profit, then get their heads ripped off refi'ing their house and stop by starbucks and buy a cafe latte for 20 bucks a gallon from a beatnik hippie that just scratched his ***** and grabbed them a blueberry muffin with their dick grabber.

Last edited by jackie chan; 11-03-2005 at 06:16 AM.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:33 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by jackie chan

I love it when people complain and ***** that the dealer isnt bending over backwards for them, when they want to pay under invoice on a car. You want more and more service and want to pay less profit, how does that make sense? The auto industry relationship with customers is really a sad thing, dealers lie to customers and customers lie to dealers. The biggest ******* customers are the same guys that don't want to pay a profit, then get their heads ripped off refi'ing their house and stop by starbucks and buy a cafe latte for 20 bucks a gallon from a beatnik hippie that just scratched his ***** and grabbed them a blueberry muffin with their dick grabber.

AFFIMATIVE
Old 11-03-2005, 07:17 AM
Diesel350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not talking about under sticker jackie chan.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:24 AM
edhchoe

Carsbelowinvoice.com
Has anyone used this service?
Old 11-03-2005, 08:04 AM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by Diesel350
I'm not talking about under sticker jackie chan.
the guy offered to sell you a z for 1k over invoice, on an enthusiast that is about 800-1000 off of sticker. Why are we talking about dealers ripping people off? You only get ripped off when you buy a car and aren't happy with your purchase, then who's fault is it you get ripped off? I cringe when i see people saying a dealer wanting over invoice is ripping them off. When you have a guy that is playing 5 different dealer's against eachother, making a guy waste hours of his time and then buy a car for 50 bucks less somewhere else(which happens a lot) who is the ******* in this situation? I'm all about getting a good deal, but dont expect the world for service.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Rampage

Remember you have the upper hand. You have the money. They want the money. They don't want the car to sit on thier lot. You have to make sure that you don't want the car enough to give them the power. As soon as you go all ga-ga over a certain car then they have you exactly where they want you. Mention to them that you are also shopping Honda S2000 and BMW M3 (even if you aren't). Be patient and shop around. If you are then you will get the deal you want.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:17 AM
Rampage

the guy offered to sell you a z for 1k over invoice, on an enthusiast that is about 800-1000 off of sticker. Why are we talking about dealers ripping people off? You only get ripped off when you buy a car and aren't happy with your purchase, then who's fault is it you get ripped off? I cringe when i see people saying a dealer wanting over invoice is ripping them off. When you have a guy that is playing 5 different dealer's against eachother, making a guy waste hours of his time and then buy a car for 50 bucks less somewhere else(which happens a lot) who is the ******* in this situation? I'm all about getting a good deal, but dont expect the world for service.
NO offense Jackie, but the dealers and salesman created this envioronment where you have to haggle to get a fair price. If there was a specific price on the window that was just a reasonable mark up over invoice then it would not be like this. But the prices are marked way up by the dealers knowing that they are going to settle for considerably less (in most cases). The game becomes seeing how much extra they can get from the customer. The smart shopper knows this and learns to play the game as good or better than the dealer.

And they don't need to waste hours of thier time dealing with a customer. Just give them the best price from the start. If they don't like it then let them walk out of the dealership. The constant running back and forth to the salesmanager is just a game. It is more a waste of the customers time because if that customer leaves chances are the saleman is going to be standing around drinking coffee or staring out the window waiting for someone who is more gullible.

Last edited by Rampage; 11-03-2005 at 08:23 AM.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

join costco. you get 400 over invoice. no haggling.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:50 AM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by Rampage
NO offense Jackie, but the dealers and salesman created this envioronment where you have to haggle to get a fair price. If there was a specific price on the window that was just a reasonable mark up over invoice then it would not be like this. But the prices are marked way up by the dealers knowing that they are going to settle for considerably less (in most cases). The game becomes seeing how much extra they can get from the customer. The smart shopper knows this and learns to play the game as good or better than the dealer.

And they don't need to waste hours of thier time dealing with a customer. Just give them the best price from the start. If they don't like it then let them walk out of the dealership. The constant running back and forth to the salesmanager is just a game. It is more a waste of the customers time because if that customer leaves chances are the saleman is going to be standing around drinking coffee or staring out the window waiting for someone who is more gullible.
no offense taken. there are good stores and bad stores, my advice is figure out a fair price, visit a couple of stores and find a salesperson you like(preferably one that has been there for awhile for future service)
Old 11-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Vamos_Rafael

find a hot blonde sales girl take her for a dream ride and hopefully get head from her to seal the deal
^^
Old 11-03-2005, 10:05 AM
BigMike

Originally Posted by jvanquish
find a hot blonde sales girl take her for a dream ride and hopefully get head from her to seal the deal
^^
I'll have to try that next time. LOL
Old 11-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Vamos_Rafael

btw i saw a model girl working in a dealer... holy **** was she not the hottest thing...
drool
she is the phone girl btw
the deal is sealed the second she pulls down the zipper
Old 11-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Fletch69z

Hey, I'm a car salesman! I'm a nice guy but I don't work for a stealership, I work for Enterprise Car Sales so it's a little different. No haggle and cars priced under book value. Plus, I'm salaried so I'm the ultimate no pressure salesman, . I hate regular car salesman though too, haha.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:28 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by Fletch69z
Hey, I'm a car salesman! I'm a nice guy but I don't work for a stealership, I work for Enterprise Car Sales so it's a little different. No haggle and cars priced under book value. Plus, I'm salaried so I'm the ultimate no pressure salesman, . I hate regular car salesman though too, haha.
Yeah?
But for you... you are not a hot blondie...
and I'd rather be "pressured" by hot blondie sales girls