Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Silverstone Beaver Shots

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2002 | 05:49 PM
Z Mack

Default Silverstone Beaver Shots

I'm starting to think Nissan has some sort of bias against Silverstone and several other colors. All of the "official" pics that we have seen include some very sexy shots of Daytona Blue, LeMans Sunset, and Redline. On the other hand, the Silverstone, Brickyard, Super Black, etc. are flat and boring pictures.

It's like comparing an airbrushed Playboy centerfold to a Polaroid Huslter Beaver Shot.

I was hoping with the CD in the info packet that we would finally have some action/professional shots of every color being put through its paces. At first, I was disappointed with the color and I was really taken by the blue, but now I know the Silverstone is a beautiful color that hasn't been given a chance to shine.

Any other of you non-blue owners upset at how your color has been treated? With extra apologies to the almost unseen Pike's Peak White.
Old 06-29-2002 | 05:59 PM
archduke

Default Right on!

Not only am I disappointed with the lack of Superblack shots I am upset at the way certain parts of the country are being snubbed.
NOT SMART Nissan!!!
I hope you plan better for upcoming new car releases.
Old 06-29-2002 | 07:22 PM
BILZ Z

Default Re: Silverstone Beaver Shots

Originally posted by Z Mack
I'm starting to think Nissan has some sort of bias against Silverstone and several other colors. All of the "official" pics that we have seen include some very sexy shots of Daytona Blue, LeMans Sunset, and Redline. On the other hand, the Silverstone, Brickyard, Super Black, etc. are flat and boring pictures.

It's like comparing an airbrushed Playboy centerfold to a Polaroid Huslter Beaver Shot.

I was hoping with the CD in the info packet that we would finally have some action/professional shots of every color being put through its paces. At first, I was disappointed with the color and I was really taken by the blue, but now I know the Silverstone is a beautiful color that hasn't been given a chance to shine.

Any other of you non-blue owners upset at how your color has been treated? With extra apologies to the almost unseen Pike's Peak White.
You might want to be careful with some of your comparisons, you might offend some of our female Z fans here. You wouldn't want Zgirl to beat you up. Just my opinion.
Old 06-29-2002 | 09:48 PM
ColecatZ

Default Re: Re: Silverstone Beaver Shots

Originally posted by bgerber911

You might want to be careful with some of your comparisons, you might offend some of our female Z fans here. You wouldn't want Zgirl to beat you up. Just my opinion.

are you crazy.....? who wouldn't wan't Zgirl to beat them up?
Old 06-29-2002 | 09:52 PM
BILZ Z

Default Re: Re: Re: Silverstone Beaver Shots

Originally posted by ColecatZ

are you crazy.....? who wouldn't wan't Zgirl to beat them up?
Come to think of it ... You're right ... "beat me up ,Zgirl... Please"
Old 06-29-2002 | 09:54 PM
ColecatZ

Default I agree

I also think that silveerstone will be hard to represent in a picture....atleast how nice it will look in reallife anyway.

I would like to see some nice, professional shots of it none the less. Nissan has been busy pimpin the Daytona one....and leaving the other ladies at home. I would bet as popular as the blue is now, we will see a ton of them on the road after dealer stock comes in. Silverstone will not have the majority for long.

just my .02
Old 06-30-2002 | 01:06 AM
netviper

heres a beaver shot
Old 06-30-2002 | 02:35 AM
BrianZ

Default Re: Silverstone Beaver Shots

Originally posted by Z Mack

I don't understand your comparison. What are you trying to say?

Old 06-30-2002 | 07:56 AM
Boomer

Default Shots

I tend to agree some colors are getting more pic time and higher quality results.

The last couple of years, silver and grey or pewter metallics have been the most popular with the most sales. If you've read BRACKETHEAD'S Survey, a Great Survey you should checkout, you can see the top two colors are Silverstone and Chrome Silver. You can't blame a company like Nissan to spend a lot of bucks promoting those colors. They are great colors also. My pick is Brickyard with Frost leather; its second from the bottom in the survey and Red is last; and, the average age is higher than the other colors. As the Jman said, Nissan looks at these websites and sometimes adjusts their marketing and production as well.

I saw the Brickyard on Nissan's website after I ordered the car. The only pic I had was the tiny one on the pre-order form. When I finally saw it, I said"YES!!" because it was just right.

Picking a color is a highly complex chore for some people; how long will I like it, will it hurt my resale, can I really live with a color that wild, etc

My Sister-in-law was picking up a 2000 BMW 740IL in Germany. She saw a color she said was Aubergine(wine or claret red) and loved it. She didn't buy it because she wasn't sure she could live with for x years. She bought SilverTitanium instead because you can't go wrong over the long haul. She's right but she followed her head rather than her heart.

After all this meandering, I recommend you buy what you like, not be ruled only by your head and pay no attention to distractions like a lack of good pics on a color. You will like it and that's all that matters.

Boomer--I e-mailed Nissan and asked them to post pics of: 1. the Frost leather and 2. the auto trans. Haven't seen either. Waiting for a reply.

Moderators please edit some of this rambling. Thanks and good night.
Old 06-30-2002 | 10:30 AM
ColecatZ

editing an anomilie....however it is spelled because I don't know what happened

Last edited by ColecatZ; 06-30-2002 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-30-2002 | 10:39 AM
john0213

By the time she reads u guys post u'r all gonna get beat up~!LoL~~~
Old 06-30-2002 | 11:27 AM
christurismohk

here are some more

Old 06-30-2002 | 11:38 AM
crayons

omg thank you christurismohk for those awesome pics of the SilverStone 350Z .

I had been checking out Nissan's website and also all of the pictures released from Nissan on the 350Z, and had been disappointed on the lack of SilverStone and Super Black Zs (I was debating on which color to choose.. black is very sleek, but it often hides the wonderful lines and curves of the car). Those 10 pics of the SilverStone are awesome though, my desktop is littered with jpeg icons .
Old 06-30-2002 | 11:49 AM
JamieH

Default Different looking blue

Has anyone noticed that the blue in Nissan's pictures looks quite a bit different than the blue seen in some live shots? For example, look at the Nissan shot:

https://my350z.com/photos/fresh/Z_Extra4.jpg

vs the shot from the Ann Arbor Car club:

http://www.aacarclub.com/gallery/350z/aaf

They almost look like two different colors!! I absolutely love the darker look of the Nissan shot, but I'm not too thrilled with the color in the AA Club shot. If I thought the car would look like the Nissan shot, I would try to switch my order from Brickyard to that, but I just don't know. I wish we had more pictures of ALL the colors so that it was easier to choose. Of course, I guess I could have just waited to see them all in person, but what fun would that have been?

I've been though the gamut of color decisions. I originally though I wanted chrome silver. Then when I saw the first pictures of Brickyard, I decided to order that. Now with all of the shots of the blue, I'm torn again. Heck, it's probably too late to change anyway, so what am I worrying about?

Last edited by JamieH; 06-30-2002 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-30-2002 | 12:23 PM
silverstone_350z

wow, silverstone looks awesome!!!
i think when it comes time to see the color in person, the people that ordered will be extremly happy.

i love that color in those pics. dang!!
Old 06-30-2002 | 01:24 PM
crayons

Hey JamieH, about the two different blues..

I think the pictures from the Ann Arbor Car club (as well as some of the live shots on my350z.com) are the more accurate depictions of the Daytona Blue. Photography is a bit of a hobby to me, and the picture that Nissan provides shows that it was taken a little during sunset.. and the increased darkness and contrast of the environment can do havoc to the true colors of a picture. Since all of Nissan's pictures are most likely taken by super-professional photographers anyways, I'm sure that a picture came out with the more "correct" blue... but they probably also thought that the darker picture with the darker version of the Daytona Blue looked much more awesome .
Old 06-30-2002 | 09:28 PM
christurismohk

omg thank you christurismohk for those awesome pics of the SilverStone 350Z .

I had been checking out Nissan's website and also all of the pictures released from Nissan on the 350Z, and had been disappointed on the lack of SilverStone and Super Black Zs (I was debating on which color to choose.. black is very sleek, but it often hides the wonderful lines and curves of the car). Those 10 pics of the SilverStone are awesome though, my desktop is littered with jpeg icons .
you are WELCOME, i found them on other forum, and found out those pics are not posted here yet, so i did...
by the way, i think the silverstone looks like the grey color porsche 911 has that i saw last night. I saw a porsche 911 carrera 4 in grey, with the gt3 spoiler and black and polished tip rims......very pretty
Old 06-30-2002 | 09:38 PM
crayons

i think the silverstone looks like the grey color porsche 911 has that i saw last night. I saw a porsche 911 carrera 4 in grey, with the gt3 spoiler and black and polished tip rims......very pretty
Ditto on that.. I seem to like the SilverStone color more each time I look at those track pictures of the 350z.
Old 06-30-2002 | 09:45 PM
MP350Z

Jamie, I have seen the daytona blue Z in person and in my oppinion, the Nissan pic is a more acurate portrayal of the color. When I saw the car, I noticed it was a bit darker than the pics I had seen of it on here and other sites. The Nissan pic in your link I think is closer than the others, although I do think it is a bit dark as well. LOL, now, i'm not making any sense. The color is somewhere between those two pics, but it is closer to the Nissan pic than the other. Did that make sense?? I need to get some sleep. sorry for the rambling.

Quick Reply: Silverstone Beaver Shots