Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Complaints, complaints, complaints....

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 07:39 PM
ZZtopp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complaints, complaints, complaints....

My 101 year old grandfather complains less than some of the people on this and other 350Z forums. In my life, I've never heard so much whining and ungrateful bitching than during the last few weeks of Nissan's launch of the new Z. This forum sounds like the ladies restroom at a Barbara Streisand concert.

Come on, people. Nissan has delivered on every promise they made, and then some. They didn't have to offer a pre-order program, nor did they have to send out a CD with a few photos and specs (and some even complained about that). They could have just released the car like any other manufacturuer would have done and let the feeding frenzy begin, but they didn't. And what do they get in return? More complaints about anything and everthing than you'll hear at a Mike Tyson divorce hearing. I don't blame sources like ZISME for disappearing.

No one forced us to pre-order a car we've never driven, and Nissan never promised us 300 HP or a 3000 Lbs. curb weight. We're getting exactly what we've been promised from the beginning, and the fact that such a low volume sports car is still on schedule, despite the devistating blow to world economy after 9/11 is something to be grateful for in itself.

How about this for a concept? Quit worrying about a few ticks of the clock and a few extra pounds that will mean almost NOTHING to more than 99% of the driving you'll ever do in this car, and be happy that you'll soon have an exceptional car at an amazing price.

I swear, some of you guys could turn Christmas morning into a therapy session.
Old 06-29-2002, 07:42 PM
BILZ Z

Touche, ZZTOP
Old 06-29-2002, 07:54 PM
mdouvris

Default Nice!

I agree. Maybe Nissan should send some tampons to some of the whiners. Quit ragging! I can't wait to come back after some of you take delivery and see the pictures with the large grins on your faces!
Old 06-29-2002, 11:52 PM
Gavkiwi

Man you hit the nail right on the head, I agree 100%.
Old 06-30-2002, 12:01 AM
jk5598224

Well Said, ditto. I mean where can you get a car for 28K that can out race a Boxter S, pratically a 911. It is awesome.
Old 06-30-2002, 12:05 AM
Zay

Word Up!!!
Old 06-30-2002, 12:20 AM
ZON

THANKS ZZ, NICE TO HEAR FROM YOU HERE!!
Old 06-30-2002, 12:23 AM
Goober
Charter Member #57

I don't think we could go without complaining.

You hit this square on the head and unfortunately, we could cut and paste this onto most other things that go on in our every day lives.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:19 AM
nizl

Default Re: I don't agree

Originally posted by Kyle
Nissan doesn't care about you... If you miss a payment, they won't say hey lets cut him a break, whats a few bucks or ticks of the clock. For you to personify a namless, faceless company confuses me.
I suspect the truth is somewhere in between, but I side more with Kyle than others. Nissan is not making the Z to be nice to all of us. They want to make a profit.

If they were trying to be nice, they'd throw a T/C in there, fix the antenna, and sell the car at a loss. Just for us enthusiasts.

I'm glad Nissan finally "threw us a bone" with the preorder package we got. The reversed R-hand drive images are a little cheesy, as are some of the color pics, but it's still a very nice perk overall.

But, again, if Nissan really "cared" about us, then they would've thrown in 0% financing, sold the car at invoice, and shipped us a full-color 50-page brochure + DVD movie of the Z in motion. They want to make money, which involves selling me something for considerably more than it costs to make it. This means I need to feel like the markup I'm paying is worth it.

And yes, I do, but that doesn't make Nissan heroic.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:26 AM
ZZtopp

You're missing the point.

It's not about money, it's all about fun. It's about having a great time with a new car that everyone on this board is anxious to drive. If you want to look at it in a pure financial sense, then fine. EVERYTHING is about money. Going to the movies, going out to dinner, buying clothes, or buying a car.

Sure you've got to have money to acquire the material things you desire, and of course Nissan doesn't care about any of us personally. Duh.... Designing and building cars is their BUSINESS, and we buy cars either because we need them or enjoy them. The Z is going to be a fun experience for enthusiasts.

Last edited by Jill; 06-30-2002 at 03:22 AM.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:27 AM
ZZtopp

My last post was meant for Kyle
Old 06-30-2002, 02:29 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very well stated ZZtop....

BUT.......that Barbara Streisand image leaves an untasteful image....

How did you get in there, and WHY?
Old 06-30-2002, 02:30 AM
duncan

Hey,I'm getting everything I paid for.If I had spent $50000 plus then I would be dissapointed with things up till now.Just think of all the people that do spend $50000 plus and get nothing special at all-maybe a very tiresome maintenance schedule(bmw),cheap build quality(audi),poor reliability(porsche) and so on.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:47 AM
robbyn
Charter Member #79

Originally posted by ZZtopp

Except maybe for you. You're too bitter and uptight to relax and enjoy the ride.
1. It does seem like there is a lot of complaining, but on the other hand when people spend $30K to $37K for a car, for most people that is a lot of money and they want their car perfect. Nissan made a business decision to keep us in the dark. It was Nissan's right, but they then shouldn't be upset when people complain about being in the dark.
2. I don't think it is necessary for this board to become a Nissan love-fest. I think Nissan has made a great car for a very reasonable price, but the car is not perfect and I like to hear opposing viewpoints here.
3. ZZTOP - there is no reason to flame someone you disagree with and calling someone "bitter and uptight" sure sounds like a personal attack to me that doesn't belong on this board.
Old 06-30-2002, 02:54 AM
ZZtopp

Originally posted by EnthuZ
Very well stated ZZtop....

BUT.......that Barbara Streisand image leaves an untasteful image....

How did you get in there, and WHY?

I wasn't in there, nor would I be caught dead at one of her concerts. It was simply the most offensive, irritating situation I could think of.
Old 06-30-2002, 03:09 AM
ZZtopp

[ is not perfect and I like to hear opposing viewpoints here.
3. ZZTOP - there is no reason to flame someone you disagree with and calling someone "bitter and uptight" sure sounds like a personal attack to me that doesn't belong on this board. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not looking to personally attack anyone, but I can't comprehend why such a negative attitude has to pervade what should be an exciting time for us all.

I don't find anything "heroic" in what Nissan has done. They just used good business sense in order to make it somewhat easy for us to acquire the exact car that we want without getting screwed by the dealers. And they built what appears to be a great car for the money. I appreciate their business acumen and look forward to a few years with New Z.

If it's so hard to feel good about that, then I give up. I guess someone will always find something to complain about, but life's too damn short. I'm just looking for some fun on the road, not a moral or ethical dissertive on the conduct of Nissan. Who cares???? I've got a nice car one the way and I'm happy about it. Sorry if that offends anyone.

Quick Reply: Complaints, complaints, complaints....