Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

should i add leather later?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 07:51 PM
LIL RAJA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should i add leather later?

the way it looks i will end up with enth. or performance. Both does not have leather. Should i get the leather added when I make the initial deal or can i do this at any later point.
I want to go the summer with CF cloth and in the fall add the leather. Also how hard would it be to add heated seats to the car. I have a friend that added heated seats on his WRX, so i assume this could be done here as well.

LIL Raja
Old 01-05-2003, 04:44 PM
kman

N ot sure about the heated seats, depends on if you really need them or not and cost. I can't see needing it if you live in the South, but they can be used on long drives to help fatigue.

As far as leather, I personally think leather is the way to go in a car like this. The comparison of the Z to other sports cars (Boxster, M3, S2K, etc.) keeps coming up, and I have never heard of cloth seats in any of these. It adds to appearance and should increase the re-sale value of it and if tastefully done can be a nice way to separate your Z from others of the same trim level.

Just my 2 cents...
Old 01-05-2003, 05:41 PM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why do you want to slide? cloth is more grippy. Keep the carbon cloth!
Old 01-05-2003, 05:50 PM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by TJZ
honestly Carbon cloth does not look good at least to me.
then the two tone seats are kinda kewl if u ask me.
blk/red blk/blue

i might also consider suede or that other silly material alcantra.

LIL Raja
Old 01-05-2003, 06:10 PM
TJZ

Originally posted by LIL RAJA
honestly Carbon cloth does not look good at least to me.
then the two tone seats are kinda kewl if u ask me.
blk/red blk/blue

i might also consider suede or that other silly material alcantra.

LIL Raja
whatever floats your boat
Old 01-05-2003, 06:55 PM
NUJOYZ

Default Dude, I'm calling BS on you...

You talk smack on the BMW forums about the Z and now you're ordering one?? What's your deal? Why are you getting one if this is how you feel?

Your post:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...0&pagenumber=2

330ci(s) rule. they beat Zs all day long. LOL

LIL Raja

Fixed
Sig. by JoJo Cel
Old 01-06-2003, 07:18 PM
LIL RAJA

Default Re: Dude, I'm calling BS on you...

Originally posted by NUJOYZ
You talk smack on the BMW forums about the Z and now you're ordering one?? What's your deal? Why are you getting one if this is how you feel?

Your post:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...0&pagenumber=2

330ci(s) rule. they beat Zs all day long. LOL

LIL Raja

Fixed
Sig. by JoJo Cel
obviously you are a bit slow. Take a look at the statement at end of the sentence. It's LOL (perhaps just a joke). Cars are only cars. I go through them very fast. I have been through 00 323ci, 01 330ci and 02 330ci (sold in september 02 to some guy in NY) also had 95 m3 and currently got 96 m3 along with s2000. Even on the s2000 chats i always bully them saying that 330ci(s) will take them, when i know the s2000 is much faster. I like the 330ci model a lot and give it more credits than it deserves. The fact is that the 330ci is slower than the Z and the S2000, but i like to just mess around with my friends.

also, why am i getting one? cuz 03 is here and I need some new cars. I am getting ready to sell the s2000 in the summer and will be in europe in summer and once I am back i will get the Z as it's a nice car. don't get me wrong, the car will need some custom work. If you frequent other bmw web pages or even s2000 board that you will see i am not about straight line performance at all. I just love cars and customize to my own taste. If i really wanted speed I would get Z06 or something.

Anyway, you are taking forums way too seriously.
Take it easy man :-)

LIL Raja

Last edited by LIL RAJA; 01-06-2003 at 07:39 PM.
Old 01-06-2003, 07:45 PM
rocknrice

whatever on the other stuff but as far as the cloth seats, I agree with TJZ about sliding on leather.

But, it's up to you...
Old 01-07-2003, 05:38 AM
speedtrip

Default Re: should i add leather later?

Originally posted by LIL RAJA
the way it looks i will end up with enth. or performance. Both does not have leather. Should i get the leather added when I make the initial deal or can i do this at any later point.
I want to go the summer with CF cloth and in the fall add the leather. Also how hard would it be to add heated seats to the car. I have a friend that added heated seats on his WRX, so i assume this could be done here as well.

LIL Raja
Give these guys a call and see when they will have a 350Z kit.

http://www.leatherseats.com/

They have a good reputation for having quality kits at decent prices. You get full leather seats for less than OEM leather package prices. You can get two tone, suede, embroidery, perforated, whatever you want.

Adding heated seats shouldn't be a problem. Thes guys also sell heated seat kits. Then you can buy the oem nissan switches and be set. I'd bet my bottom dollar that all models of the 350Z are wired for heated seats. My maxima came with cloth seats yet I have a fuse for heated seats in the fuse block and the connectors for the heated seat switches are under the console.
Old 01-07-2003, 05:44 AM
Vlad

Originally posted by TJZ
Don't know what are you talking about. I havent sit in more gripping seats than leather seats in my Z. Not because leather is gripping, but because of the shape of the seat. So don't kid yourself that cheap looking carbon is better deal

Last edited by Vlad; 01-07-2003 at 05:48 AM.
Old 01-07-2003, 06:10 AM
LIL RAJA

Default Re: Re: should i add leather later?

Originally posted by speedtrip
Give these guys a call and see when they will have a 350Z kit.

http://www.leatherseats.com/

They have a good reputation for having quality kits at decent prices. You get full leather seats for less than OEM leather package prices. You can get two tone, suede, embroidery, perforated, whatever you want.

Adding heated seats shouldn't be a problem. Thes guys also sell heated seat kits. Then you can buy the oem nissan switches and be set. I'd bet my bottom dollar that all models of the 350Z are wired for heated seats. My maxima came with cloth seats yet I have a fuse for heated seats in the fuse block and the connectors for the heated seat switches are under the console.
Awesome info sppedtrip. So far I got some good contacts. If all else fails, I might just import alcantra recaro seats from germany. But i think the source you gave me is going to be more reasonable. Talking to these other guys as well called leatherZ.com and right now getting all my research ready. Thanks a lot man. I need this.

LIL Raja
Old 01-07-2003, 08:14 AM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by rocknrice
whatever on the other stuff but as far as the cloth seats, I agree with TJZ about sliding on leather.

But, it's up to you...
alcantra is another material that is used for better grip than cloth.
yes, the cloth is better grip than leather. The only advantage of leather is the two tone combo. Looks really nice!
Old 01-07-2003, 11:36 AM
TJZ

Originally posted by Vlad
Don't know what are you talking about. I havent sit in more gripping seats than leather seats in my Z. Not because leather is gripping, but because of the shape of the seat. So don't kid yourself that cheap looking carbon is better deal
I guess you haven't driven one with cloth seats b/c i sure have driven a Z with leather. Oh well, yours still can be considered "cooler" if that makes you happy.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:22 PM
LIL RAJA

Originally posted by TJZ
I guess you haven't driven one with cloth seats b/c i sure have driven a Z with leather. Oh well, yours still can be considered "cooler" if that makes you happy.
i will def. get custom recaros or two tone seats. Cloth is fine but the time i saw the material i was not 100% satisfied with it.
That's why my thread was asking if i can get it later. I know i should not pass judgement so quickly. I would like to get the CF cloth and see how it suits my lifestyle and how I like it. If i fall in love then i keep. If not then Custom Alcantra seats by recaro or OEM or 3rd party leather (2-tone).

LIL raja