Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RIP my beloved Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 12:33 PM
NeonShadow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks again guys!!!!

Btw, what does everyone think of G35 sedan 6MT?

05's are going invoice or under where I talked to them.... any thoughts?
Old 12-09-2005, 01:54 PM
HighwaySpeed

Sorry for your loss. Were you wearing your safety belt?
Old 12-09-2005, 02:36 PM
abyss

Sorry for your loss. I know what its like to lose your pride and joy because of ignorant motorists. I'v been in physical therapy for the last 6 months from getting hit headon this summer and made the mistake of not getting a lawyer. Now I'm afraid its too late and their insurance won't even answer calls and they are neglecting to pay any of my medical bills. I haven't settled yet so I need to look into a lawyer soon and see if they can light a fire under these jerk off's asses.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:43 PM
NeonShadow

It's never too late! you have something like 2 years to settle or take legal action. From my last accident (also a rear-end, 4 years ago) I got a run around from insurance company, but as soon as I menationed a lawyer they started talking to me and I got good settlement out of them.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:47 AM
Low J.
Banned

So you stopped at a crosswalk???? Not a stoplight or a stop sign???? If that's the case then I'd say you're at fault......some jackass did that to me just this morning to let some lady and her kid cross the street and I nearly hit the female driver in the rear end and about had an SUV up my rear end. Don't EVER stop to let people cross the flippin' street......let them cross when they are supposed to.......which is when there are no cars present.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:07 AM
theZman

Originally Posted by Low J.
So you stopped at a crosswalk???? Not a stoplight or a stop sign???? If that's the case then I'd say you're at fault......some jackass did that to me just this morning to let some lady and her kid cross the street and I nearly hit the female driver in the rear end and about had an SUV up my rear end. Don't EVER stop to let people cross the flippin' street......let them cross when they are supposed to.......which is when there are no cars present.
Are you serious? You MUST yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk. Not stopping here in Arlington will get you a minimum $500 fine. And, believe me, they ticket people all the time for not stopping.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:15 AM
plumpzz

YEAH.. def stop at a marked crosswalk. If peds are crossing at an unmarked area though, they better watch out. Get a lawyer, ur injured, ur carles and an insurance company will do anything to keep their money.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:54 AM
Low J.
Banned

Originally Posted by theZman
Are you serious? You MUST yield to pedestrians in a crosswalk. Not stopping here in Arlington will get you a minimum $500 fine. And, believe me, they ticket people all the time for not stopping.

???????? I've never heard of such a thing...........since when are you required to stop where there are no signs or lights. That would be dangerous to just require traffic to stop unexpectedly like that where there are no signals or signs requiring it. It's not like that around here....or in Ohio or Florida for that matter.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:10 AM
plumpzz

there are yeild to ped signs everywhere in nj. you yeild to peds first, then bikers then cars then trucks. (usually)
Old 12-10-2005, 06:41 PM
NeonShadow

The thing is, if I hadn't stopped I'd be looking at man slaughter charge for a school kid. I'll sacrefice my back and my car any day to save a kid, but I hear you, it sucks when you don't expect it, but that's why you keep your distance. This should have been a fender-bender...

Still haven't uploaded pix though, sorry.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:40 PM
IceBurnzTT

Son of a ***** a Red ford ranger took out my 03 Z back in 11/03. Thats it next for ranger owner i see is getting pimp slapped.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:16 AM
luftwaffle

have u considered RX8 ?
the whole package is banged for the bucks plus is a blast to drive.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:42 AM
homiusang

Sorry about your loss man. I have been through the whole ordeal and I totally understand how fustration it becomes.
As a sidenote, I might be consider selling my Z in the very near future for a good price, feel free to contact me regarding this.

Good luck and do your best not to get mistreated by the insurance company, as they do that all the time.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Z_Driver
Master

The insurance company has to replace or pay you a fair price for the car. Have them locate and pay for a Z exactly like yours, in the same condition and with the same or less miles. You should not lose in this case.

Unfortunately, I have been wrecked by three drivers over the years and have a bad back that causes me sleepless nights like tonight.

All your medical bills should be paid for as long as you are in therapy as well.

This is the insurance's responsibility. Don't let them slide you'll be unhappy down the road if you do.

Really, the insurance companies are good about this. You just have to let them know you want your car back fixed perfectly or they should find one for you. You don't even have to look if you don't want to. You'll get it a little faster if you can find one that is just a hair better than your car. They won't quibble about this because they also know it is right.

I mean your not sueing them for 10-20K in addition to the car and hurt so they will go along no problem.

Get a lawyer to write a letter or call if you have any problems. That will generally make them realize they can't push you over. They might try, but, when they realize you not a stoop or pushover they'll make good without much talk.

Good Luck.....