City of Charlotte Utilities truck hit my car :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 09:27 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default City of Charlotte Utilities truck hit my car :(

On the Dec. 28th, I was leaving my moms house to go back up to school when I go outside and see dirty water running under and on to my car from some work at the next house. I walk out to my car all pissed off because of the water ( stupid reason to be upset, I know ) and thats when I saw the GIANT GASH in left rear quarter panal/fender and rear bumper. Ok so I was mad about the dirty water touching my car, you can imagine how upset I was to see this damage done to my car.

I start screaming and cussing and my mom comes running out to see whats wrong and then she sees the damage and starts yelling and cussing. So we ask the construction crew if anyone saw anything and one guy said he thinks it was the charlotte city water utilities truck that did, but they left. So I'm pissed off, call the cops and file a hit and run and then the cops show up.

The cop walks up to my car and says, I cant believe they left, there is no way they didnt notice hitting your car. So he calls the city and has them send the truck that was there out. The city also sends THEIR accident analyst out there ( who isnt biased at all, YEAH RIGHT ) to assess the damage. He takes mesasurements and says the measurements and the damage matches the measurements of the truck but the color doesnt match. The color streak was clearly from the rust on the trucks bumper.

Soooo, the analyst tells the cop he cant conclude 100% that is was the truck. The cop says, well i can. So the cop files the police report and tells the analyst to get my info and make sure i am taken care of.

The analyst walks up to my car and says, so you will need some paint and the fender needs to be fixed, your rear bumper is fine. By this time, my mom and step dad have sent me into the house becuase I about to punch the next person that pisses me off. My stepdad points to a gigantic hole in my bumper and says that doesnt need to be replaced my ***. So the analyst writes it down. Then the analyst says that they will replace my "generic" toyo tire. So I come out again and tell him the specifics of the tire, which was ruined, and tell him that it will cost around 300 dollars alone for the tire, mounting, and balance.

Long story short, if it's not too late, city messed my car up, city pissed a cop off, and now I get paid.

I will post pictures when I get them loaded up. Sorry for the rant.

Derek
Old 01-02-2006, 09:30 AM
cessna

Wow that sucks... Remember to keep your cool, NOTHING good is achived when you get mad, yell or throw a punch!
Old 01-02-2006, 10:02 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Just out of curiosity how do you file a claim against a City? Who insures a City?

Last edited by davidv; 01-02-2006 at 10:05 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:03 AM
juliosuburban

Wow they did all that for a hit and run.??? Dam, I couldn't get tony the tiger on. They're great...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Tony.gif.jpg (470 Bytes, 179 views)

Last edited by juliosuburban; 01-02-2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-02-2006, 03:02 PM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

i'm not sure who insures the city, but they are paying haha. Just incase though, i let my insurance company know and they said that if the poilice officer said he was convinced it was the truck that hit my car, my insurance company would sue the city of charlotte if they didnt pay WAHOOOOO. I love having people on my side.

Derek
Old 01-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Lambo

i've seen how those city workers drive. they're animals!
Old 01-02-2006, 03:29 PM
PapaTango

You should contact your insurance company and tell them what happened. They have an interest in the car especially if there is a lein (bank) on the car. You may be able to collect for "Lost Value" from the city if the damage affects the market value of your car. Plus, if you start getting a load of crap from the city about what needs to be repaired, you can have your insurance adjuster to give you a more honest damage estimate.

YOU, and only YOU, should pick where to get the car repaired.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:12 PM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

yeah i looked into where to get it fixed. I am going to where the dealership i deal with recommended. It's a shop that buys all their parts from nissan and stuff so it should be good.

derek
Old 01-02-2006, 04:54 PM
h8rain

I hate going into charlotte. There are so many bad drivers. Of course there are a lot bad drivers north of charlotte as well.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:20 PM
PapaTango

Originally Posted by h8rain
I hate going into charlotte. There are so many bad drivers. Of course there are a lot bad drivers north of charlotte as well.
...and east and south and west!! In fact, I invite you to drive down Yadkin Road in Fayetteville, NC during a weekday lunchhour.
Old 01-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Jamey1E

Dude I don't mean to say anything wrong but I won't drive my Z into charlotte....I take my Z71.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:06 PM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

haha well if i had the means to have a daily driver right now, i wouldnt either. i'm going down to my moms house tomorrow to try and bend the fender back to where i can actually drive the car without it shreading my tire. Good think i kept my stock rays instead of selling them

Derek
Old 01-02-2006, 08:58 PM
highside107

What a cool cop! I love cool cops.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:35 PM
thezedsled

Yeah, be thankful that you got a cool cop that actually did his job to protect and serve his community...

So many of them here is AZ are simply lazy and won’t go the extra mile like that to help a guy out unless it somehow helps them…
Old 01-03-2006, 05:36 AM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

i think he might have been so nice because he was pretty embarrassed. When he first got there and was inspecting the damage he bent down and slit his pants at the groin. My step dad and I looked at each other and it was soooo hard to contain the laughter. When the cop realized what happened he started laughing so we had a little chuckle as well. Getting the pictures uploaded today. ( of the damage, not the cops split pants )

Derek
Old 01-03-2006, 04:09 PM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

here are pics of the damage
Attached Thumbnails City of Charlotte Utilities truck hit my car :(-derek-s-car-accident-001.jpg   City of Charlotte Utilities truck hit my car :(-derek-s-car-accident-002.jpg   City of Charlotte Utilities truck hit my car :(-derek-s-car-accident-003.jpg   City of Charlotte Utilities truck hit my car :(-derek-s-car-accident-004.jpg   City of Charlotte Utilities truck hit my car :(-derek-s-car-accident-005.jpg  

Old 01-03-2006, 06:18 PM
supra crazy

Yeah, that bumper doesnt need fixing MY ***. You need a new bumper, a new 1/4 panel, and a new tire. Oh yeah, tell em to polish up that rear rim too :-D
Old 01-03-2006, 06:21 PM
thezedsled

Photochop, this one will be the best one yet...
Old 01-03-2006, 06:40 PM
MovingViolation

Originally Posted by DJ SMITTY
i'm not sure who insures the city, but they are paying haha. Just incase though, i let my insurance company know and they said that if the poilice officer said he was convinced it was the truck that hit my car, my insurance company would sue the city of charlotte if they didnt pay WAHOOOOO. I love having people on my side.

Derek
I know some cities have a huge deductible on their insurance so any damages under $100,000 they pay themselves.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:56 PM
DJ SMITTY
Sponsor
CIN Motorsports

i posted that picture knowing 100% that someone would mess with it. I figured i would let some people have fun with it haha.

Actually i dont think i cant stand the abuse lol.
Derek

Quick Reply: City of Charlotte Utilities truck hit my car :(