2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 10:18 PM
Juns05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z Question

Sup everyone,

I'm about to buy a Z very soon and was just wondering what your likes/dislikes are about the car. I heard many things from other people like too noisy, cheap interior, eats up tires really quick, the ride being terrible on the road, and the general maintenance gets to be expensive. So what do you all think? Also I'm going to try and trade in my 06 honda accord EX V6 Six speed for a used 04 350Z.
Old 01-04-2006, 10:22 PM
Echo853

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love everything about this car and would highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a 2 seater sports car with a tiny trunk.
Haven't had my car long enough to comment about maintenance, though. Get the extended warranty!
Old 01-04-2006, 10:51 PM
MovingViolation

Where to start. I bought it used with incredibly low mileage so the cost is no complaint for me. For the price the speed/handling is great. General maintenance?? I spend maybe $80 a year on oil changes and thats it.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Dream

The ride is stiff. You don't have a whole lot of trunk space. You can only carry 1 passenger. It requires premium gas. The engine is loud. Some older models have design flaws and defects. You can buy money cars like lower-end Beamers for around the same price. The interior isn't very flashy (some people say it's cheap).

Combine all of those things (plus whatever else you think is a negative) and compare them to whatever you like about the car. If the negatives outweigh the positives, don't get the car.

I like my Z and don't care about the things I mentioned above. I stopped noticing the ride after a couple weeks. I don't need to carry people or cargo. Premium gas comes out to maybe $200 more a year for me. I like the exhaust note. I have an 05 Touring and the only issue I've seen in my 5 months of ownership is the window grease problem, which I'm too lazy to get fixed. I test-drove a 330i and found it boring to drive, with performance/interior aesthetics that aren't worth the price. The interior is simple and doesn't have that wannabe-luxury car look like the G35 coupe.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:22 PM
m0nkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i haven't seen 05 models with ANY major problem. some 03 and 04 have tire feathering problem causing it to wear out tires.. but nissan is covering that now. if you can make sure the 04 has no feathering problem.. then get it. or else id say go with an 05..
cheap interior? i dont think its cheap at all!! i have super black.. interior all black. looks very nice and clean.
ride is a lil stiff.. not so good for my grandparents.. but lets hope your not at that age yet.. change into aftermarket spring (drop the Z.. and smoothen the ride)
maintainence?? not sure yet.. had it for 1 year.. oil change everything is cheap.. gasoline is a lil problem for awhile. 91 +.. everything else, nissan covered. like brake screech.. window noise..
IF you dont want to hear that sexy engine noise. then dont get the Z.. i loved the engine sound!!! its not THAT loud..

basicly.. Love the Z.. love 2 seaters that dont result in million ppl trying to tag your ride. this car is a REAL head turner!! for less than 30k, i say your getting a hell out of a bang for your bucks!
Old 01-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Ztalker

i have an 03...purchased new 3/03.....never had any major problems, replaced stock suspension this past summer with Tokicos D specs. 06 LED taillights......oil changed every 3000 miles......my daily driver.
i don't usually keep a car for more than two years, but this Z is a keeper.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:20 AM
zmespeed

love it, i can fit two snow boards and all the peeps gear to go with it in the hatch with out any thing up front. how ever i do eat tires up compared to other cars but that's because sports car tires trade life for grip. i get about 20k out of the tires, but thats waiting until there bald. i plan on keeping this car for the rest of my life.. may be keep it at old popps place when it gets to its older years if i dont have room at my own place. when i retire ill referbish the thing and show it off at car shows....theres my hole life plan
Old 01-05-2006, 12:39 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dream
The ride is stiff. You don't have a whole lot of trunk space. You can only carry 1 passenger. It requires premium gas. The engine is loud. Some older models have design flaws and defects. You can buy money cars like lower-end Beamers for around the same price. The interior isn't very flashy (some people say it's cheap).

Combine all of those things (plus whatever else you think is a negative) and compare them to whatever you like about the car. If the negatives outweigh the positives, don't get the car.

I like my Z and don't care about the things I mentioned above. I stopped noticing the ride after a couple weeks. I don't need to carry people or cargo. Premium gas comes out to maybe $200 more a year for me. I like the exhaust note. I have an 05 Touring and the only issue I've seen in my 5 months of ownership is the window grease problem, which I'm too lazy to get fixed. I test-drove a 330i and found it boring to drive, with performance/interior aesthetics that aren't worth the price. The interior is simple and doesn't have that wannabe-luxury car look like the G35 coupe.

You know that's kinda funny. When I was making my list of pros and cons for the Z, the cons far outweighed the pros, yet I still decided to buy one in the near future anyway.

Seriously, there were about 3 things I liked about the Z and maybe a dozen or so things/issues that I could nit pick about but in the end the 3 things I loved about the car won in the end.
Old 01-05-2006, 04:46 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome. This doesn’t sound right to me. Why did you buy a new Honda if you wanted a 350Z?
Old 01-05-2006, 04:48 AM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by davidv
Welcome. This doesn’t sound right to me. Why did you buy a new Honda if you wanted a 350Z?
Probably a g/f that is no longer one?
Old 01-05-2006, 05:36 AM
buho62

I like how it sounds, how it looks, and I love driving it.

I have an 05 Touring, and the only thing I didn't like is that the Bose sound system isn't what I expected, I expected a lot more. But I don't care, I like listening to the engine anyway
Old 01-05-2006, 05:50 AM
DOHC

Cool No No No!

Get the extended warranty!
Do NOT get the extended warranty - at least not when you buy the car. The car has a factory warranty for the first three years (you paid for this when you bought the car) - why pay for the same three years again? Get an extended warranty just before the 3-year factory warranty is up. You can buy one from any of a number of aftermarket sellers for less than you could get one from the dealer. Don't fall for this last minute rip-off...shop smarter.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:21 PM
Dream

Originally Posted by Chad68
Seriously, there were about 3 things I liked about the Z and maybe a dozen or so things/issues that I could nit pick about but in the end the 3 things I loved about the car won in the end.
In the end, your cons didn't outweigh your pros.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:54 PM
FatBoy1

Originally Posted by Juns05
Sup everyone,

I'm about to buy a Z very soon and was just wondering what your likes/dislikes are about the car. I heard many things from other people like too noisy, cheap interior, eats up tires really quick, the ride being terrible on the road, and the general maintenance gets to be expensive. So what do you all think? Also I'm going to try and trade in my 06 honda accord EX V6 Six speed for a used 04 350Z.
Keep your Honda...
Old 01-06-2006, 04:10 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by Juns05
Sup everyone,

you got tired of ur honda alrdy?
i thought the 06 models just came out...
Old 01-06-2006, 04:19 AM
crazy04350z

LOve My Dam Z To Death, it has no problems, fast and quick