Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

okay, what in the HELL should I do now???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2003, 07:00 AM
RzrbackJAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry okay, what in the HELL should I do now???

Okay ... I need the board's opinion ... I ordered my Z on Dec. 6th here in N. Little Rock and they told me 60 Days (even though I knew it would probably be closer to 90) ... which means I should be getting the car sometime in late Feb./early Mar., or roughly a month to month and a half from now ... so I called NNA this morning to see if they could give me an order # or VIN # or SOMETHING and they asked me what dealer and my name and all of that stuff and they said that they WERE NOT SHOWING AN ORDER FOR MY Z ... so now I am PISSED and I don't know what to do about it!!! what do you guys think? Should I just say, "fu@# it" and go to another dealer or should I try to light a fire under somebody's *** to get the car I've already ordered here within a reasonable time frame?? Do you think I'd be able to find the exact Z I've already ordered floating around elsewhere??? This is so !@#$% frustrating b/c here i've been counting down the days and the car HASN'T EVEN BEEN ORDERED YET ... ugh ... i need to go count to 10 ...
Old 01-21-2003, 07:21 AM
justwant1

Have you contacted your dealer to get any information yet?
Old 01-21-2003, 07:26 AM
RzrbackJAC

Default yes!

i've pretty much been in contact with them once a week trying to get them to give me some info. on my order as soon as they find out ... they keep saying the same thing - late feb./early mar. - but don't have an order # or a VIN # or ANYTHING so that's why i called NNA ... i feel like i'm stuck b/w a rock and a hard place ...
Old 01-21-2003, 07:32 AM
WayneTN

Default welcome to the forum

First of all welcome to the forum. People here will try to help you. You can also do some searches here to find even more help.

Orders go from the dealer to NNA sometime during the first week of each month. You ordered Dec. 6 at your dealer and it's possible that you could have just missed the window in December. So, if that was the case, you would normally expect your order to go to NNA the first week of January. Right? If it did and it was accepted by NNA, then the dealer should be able to give you an order number. The order number will be a letter followed by 6 numbers, such as Z123456.) After that, the delivery or your car is really beyond the dealer's control and up to NNA.

Unfortunately, there is also the possibility that he had other orders ahead of you and, based on his allocation of Z's from NNA, NNA couldn't accept his order for your car just yet. If so, he may be able to tell you your chances of getting it accepted on the February ordering period.

The rest of the scheduling goes like this. Once NNA accepts your order, the next month will be the "build month" and the following month will be the shipping month. You won't get your VIN until your car has been built and is being shipped. (By shipping month, I mean that the boat from Japan takes about 3 weeks and you can figure on another week from the port to the dealer.)

Other things to consider are whether or not your deposit was refundable. Based on that, and what your dealer is able to tell you about your order, you might be able to find a car like you want by doing a search of dealerships within driving distance. Maybe the dealer could trade for it, or if you can get your deposit back, you could just buy it from them. Some people are getting better deals since winter is here, even below MSRP - don't know about Ark.

Anyway, I hope this helps a little. Do some searches here and ask some more questions. Hundreds of us have gone through a similar process - or are involved right now - so you're not alone.

See you on the forum.
WayneTN
Old 01-21-2003, 07:34 AM
OtownZ

I called another dealer when I had a problem. Car was supposed to come in on Dec 24th. Wasn't here so on the 26th, got on the phone and called other dealers. Found some that were willing to help me out-- went back to my oringal dealer and gave him one last shot...had a new car by the 29th. The response was unbelieveable. Just make sure your deposit is refundable.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:20 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Id say find out if your deposit is refundable and start looking within 1-200 miles of your location for a dealer with the car you want. Im not sure why anyones bothering with preorder anymore. in 60days, Im sure the car you want has shown up on a lot for sale.
Old 01-21-2003, 08:50 AM
vova151

Default Hold your horses

NNA couldn't find me on the list either. I called the dealership and they said the car was ordered under their name not mine and they couldn't (wouldn't) give me a tracking number but could give me a date, Jan 9. It came in on Dec 27th. I'd say be patient and listen to the dealership. Now if the date slips I would be a little pissed.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:07 AM
Old Skooler

I'm totally with ares here. There's GOT to be the car you want on a lot somewhere nearby, that preorder crap should be long over with by now, considering there are dealerships out there with 30 or so more Z's on their lots.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:24 AM
tbcz

First, find out what the truth is, which means find out whether your car has truly been ordered or not. Contact your dealer and tell them you have spoken to NNA and they have no record of your order. Give the dealer a few hours to provide you with hard evidence that they did in fact order your car...make sure it is the exact model and options you've specified. If they can prove that your car is ordered, then just relax and wait. If they can't, demand (not request) your money back and start looking for your car at another dealer. If they balk on giving you back your deposit, make it very clear that you were blatently lied to and are already in contact with NNA about the situation. As a last resort, mention the "L" word (l**yer) which should hopefully get their attention. Good luck.
Old 01-21-2003, 09:47 AM
WashUJon

From what I've seen and heard, dealers are placing the orders in the dealer's name, and so I can't see how NNA would have any ordering info on any customer. Isn't it possible that his car was ordered but not in his name, so NNA would have no idea if HIS car was ordered? I suppose they could go by the model, color and options ordered from that particular dealer, but in my experience the parent company doesn't like to jag the distributor or dealer. I would keep on the dealer and go there every damn day. I'm close to doing it with my own dealer, since I already gave them my trade and I still have no car. Granted its only been just under 3 months and I did expect that long a wait, but I do want my Z. Just my $.02
Old 01-21-2003, 12:56 PM
KayserNissan

Default Ordering

I have posted on this subject MANY times.

Your "ORDER" will not have your name attached. There is NO SPECIFIC ORDER system in place at NNA to do this. The pre-order was the first and only time I have seen NNA attach a customer name.

The above description by WayneTN was pretty accurate. However the order, and subsequent order number would not be available until the last few days of the order month.

A guide:
Order placed 1st week of month
-Order number and plant acceptance by the END of the month
-Vehicle status 45-60 days from order placement
-delivery 65-95 days after order placed.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:44 PM
WayneTN

Default Re: Ordering

Originally posted by KayserNissan
The above description by WayneTN was pretty accurate.
Hey, after 4 months a member here and ordering and getting my own Z, I'm finally learning the process.

WayneTN
Old 01-21-2003, 06:41 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well fortunately I didnt have to wait for my CS Touring Z. The dealer had it in stock! Lucky me Picked it up on Nov 2nd
Old 01-21-2003, 06:50 PM
RzrbackJAC

Default thanks for all of your help

everyone ... i'll probably just stay on the dealer's *** just about every day and make sure he doesn't try to bump the date back on me! thanks again!!
Old 01-22-2003, 07:55 AM
WayneTN

Default Re: thanks for all of your help

Originally posted by RzrbackJAC
everyone ... i'll probably just stay on the dealer's *** just about every day and make sure he doesn't try to bump the date back on me! thanks again!!
OK, good luck. Keep us informed. Keep in mind that, once the order is placed the dealer will not have much control over the final ETA of the car. Just get the order number when you can and check with the dealer for regular updates on the progress of that order number (and later the VIN).

WayneTN