Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My friend just...abhores the Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006, 04:00 PM
pbn85

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My friend just...abhores the Z

I dont know why...he just hates the car. I have a 2001 5 speed prelude and I have a pending sale tomorrow. I think it will go though. 56k miles, OEM kit, HIDS...it will sell. I'll negotiate alittle. Yea anyway...Im definitely going for the 2004 Z. Well my friend is constantly discouraging me. "Its too heavy"..."It looks like crap"..."It doesnt move"..."go for your 2nd choice and get the rsx type S instead or srt4". He drove the Z and wasn't impressed. I have to respect his wishes but I dont want him to say this constantly when I get the car. And another one of my stupid friends (just bought a 2006 cobalt SS) swears his car kills. He told me the other day he "demolished" a Z. I didnt bother arguing. His car is stock. All 3 of us are friends and I feel when we have convo's, I get outnumbered and all I hear is them disparaging the Z. It just pisses me off...

First of all...the Z is not THAT heavy, well not the 2004 anyways. I hear the 2006 models are much heavier...is there any truth to that? Anyway...also, the car DOES move...I dont know what their problems are. Just wanted to let everyone know of the hatred people have towards the Z... Do you think they really hate it deep inside or they are just jealous?

pray my lude sells and I will be on my way to the Z!!!!
Old 02-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Lemans350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

everyone will tell you not to care what anyone thinks, but whatever YOU want.

I get tired of hearing about how this car kills that car, this one is heavier than that. Rarely does anyone use a car to it's potential, it's all a bunch of talk. Enjoy whatever car you end up with, dont listen to anyone else, and remember there will always be better and faster cars on the road...maybe even a lesser "cheaper" car too...it always comes with compromise.

Last edited by Lemans350; 02-18-2006 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:13 PM
silink

it only a cobalt SS you will smoke it without trying if you are planning to race remember take it to the track
Old 02-18-2006, 04:17 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

You mean he's got a neo Cavalier and he wants you to stay with FWD sports compact cars? Time to graduate to a better platform. It sounds like he wants a Z but jealousy is doing the talking. I would suggest you get the car and ask if his girlfriend wants a ride.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:21 PM
pbn85

haha...dont get me wrong. If they dont like the Z, it wont influence me. I just wonder why they hate it so much...I really wish I could post the convo in which my friend told me his cobalt smoked the Z...haha...yea.

anyway...i got a deal...an 04 base for 20gs with 35k miles. Mileage is a bit high for that year but its not terribly high. I hope the deal tomorrow goes through
Old 02-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Sam405

Old 02-18-2006, 04:24 PM
iknowitsfast

First off let me say that the Z is one of the sexiest cars alive. There a million others that would agree. Second I owned a Supercharged Cavalier Z24 5 spd whose performance was almost identical to the SloBalt SS. And your boy says he smoked a Z?!?!!? HA ... Better yet was is your friend SMOKNG?!? Ask him was he just driving fast and just happened to past a Z driving along the hwy??? LOL.. AS far as the super Neon and the RSX...those two are actually pretty nice..but pale in comparison to overall looks and performance IMO. Dude buy your Z, and believe me when all those hotties walk past staring at your ride it'll ALL be worth it....laterZ
Old 02-18-2006, 04:31 PM
Juztin

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

a z stock for stock is quicker than any of those cars with tons of potential. Your friends dont really sound like they know what the heck their talken about. Now they may hate the appearance of car, but that's purely subjective. Who care's what your friends think, whether you like the car or not is what matters.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:31 PM
slackjaw

I still get compliments everytime a pull up at a gas station...and I mean everytime. The only other car I've had that had the same kind of affect was my '67 Mustang convertible and I won my class at a car show with that. No joke, even old men and women like the Z not just teenagers who are into imports. I seriously doubt that your boy w/ the Cobalt SS will get that kind of praise. Don't let these clowns cloud your judgment...get the Z. My man's just jealous 'cause he's sportin' a glorified Cavalier.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:35 PM
808_FairladyZ

That is a whole lot of BS your friends are telling you. I traded in my 2000 Prelude SH for my Z and my Z's far faster and sexier then the Prelude. The Z's just alot more fun to drive. I've driven the RSX TypeS and it's nice but not that quick compared to my Z. I've never even seen a Cobalt SS in my area yet so i can't comment on it. The SRT4 are pretty quick though and i have to admit to losing a few races to those guys but not by much. The SRT4 is also alot faster then the Cobalt SS, so i don't forsee the Cobalt SS as "Being A Problem". I can promise you this though, my Z by itself WILL get more Punani then all of those above mentioned cars put together...by far.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:36 PM
chingwithbling

Don't let them discourage you because of the way it looks. If you like it, get it. And when they tell you how slow it is, take them to the track and SMOKE THEM.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:39 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by enycepunjabi
I didnt bother arguing.
Very wise.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:43 PM
jdm_Z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry but the sr4, rsx-type s, and cobalt ss are all slow... take all these cars including the Z stock and race them. Hands down the 4 bangers don't really stand a chance. Now if they had an upgraded vs a stock those cars would stand a chance but it's like comparing apples and oranges, there two different things.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:45 PM
charlie_rdstr_Z

Maybe he's just concerned with your gas mileage and trying to help you out.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Built2shredZ

Tell your friends that when woman walks by and see's you three standing in front of your cars she will think hmmm two little boys and a man RSX and Cobalt scream teenager cars.... 350z has mature sexy looks in comparison.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:58 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Forum trivia: I did a search and the word abhor has only be used twice before.
Old 02-18-2006, 04:59 PM
risin

I had a 2001 prelude and i think it weighed around 3000 lbs. A 350z weighs around 3200 lbs but the z has nearly 100 more hp and is rear wheel drive. You can get the exact weight of a 04 z if you do some simple online research. nissanusa.com, etc.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:00 PM
pbn85

I hope you guys didnt think I was trying to start a flame war...that wasnt my intention. I just wanted to know why people hated the Z so much. To be honest with you, Im getting the Z because of how it looks. With a nice drop and volk rims, the car doesnt need much more. But ofcourse Im still getting the 6mt. I LOVE the Z...infact I wanted to get it before my prelude, but I didnt know how to drive stick back then. It also would have been my first car. To be honest with you, I didnt think I could handle a Z. But now I know I can and thats why Im ready for it now. The lude was a great starter car. Got many compliments on it. The Z will be my daily driver and I will be looking to keep it for 3-4 years. Im a full time undergrad student
but I saved up money all by myself to get the Z. It feels alot better having done it yourself.

Let them think they can take a Z...they know the truth. I have nothing to prove. Thats why I dont argue with them...but deep inside it DOES **** me off. Specs are facts. How can they doubt that?

So yea...what do you guys think of the deal on the Z I posted in a prior reply?
Old 02-18-2006, 05:11 PM
35oZephyR

Dude...your friend is talking you into getting an SRT-4 over a Z.
So he now has authority to be the style-police?
I don't think we have to reason ANYTHING here.

You can make those other cars fast, but you can never make them rear-wheel drive sports cars.

And that's my biased response for the day..enjoy.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:18 PM
highside107

Why don't you race your friends after you get your Z? You will destroy his Cobalt SS (if he's still bone stock).. make sure you post the results!

Quick Reply: My friend just...abhores the Z