2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

with a great car comes great danger.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 02:00 PM
HighwaySpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nexx
for the love of god, its a Z not an Infiniti. im sure you have full coverage insurance. stop living your life for you car, its not worth the agony.

+1
Old 03-09-2006, 02:12 PM
loquitoy2k

Originally Posted by jdm_Z33
I dunno about you guys but I hate babysitting my Z... I can't go anywhere and leave it outside for more than 30 minutes. And if I do I have to check up on it every so often to make sure she's alright. I can't go to the club with it because I'm scared someone with tow it away to a chop shop. Can't ever leave it outside over night (if I'm spending the night at my girls house), even if I go to someplace such as Wallmart I'm worried. Now it may just be me since my last car was stolen beneath my eyes and I might be paranoid, but there's just so much thieving going on these days and stupid idiots keying/hit and running/ dinging up our cars... I love my car and all but man it's a big responsibility. Almost as if I have my own kid lol. Anyways, I'm just ranting.
I feel the same exact way. I’ve only had my car for 2 weeks and I bought it new. I think once you have the car a little longer, you’ll worry a lot less. I also hate having to worry when I go to a bar and my car is outside. This has never been the case with any of my other new cars. I totally agree that you should not live for your car, but I guess everyone on this forum was like that when their cars were a month old… just my .05
Old 03-09-2006, 02:16 PM
FairladyZX

Originally Posted by Paul350Z
Yeah it's only a car but it sure is a nice looking one.

I find that most Americans are too hung up on their stuff and not about who they are, what they do, and how they treat their fellow man including their own spouses and brood. There are people who love their cars more than their own kids. When someone complements me on the car I tell them thank you but it's only a check written to the bank once a month even if you're doing it yourself rather than you daddy doing it it's not a really big accomplishment when you think of it.

Yeah I love the car as does my wife but I keep stressing to her that its just metal, glass, and rubber and in the really big picture of life it's meaningless.

Keep it real.
+2. It's just a toy, I can alwayz get another one.
Old 03-10-2006, 06:10 AM
jdm_Z33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well hey everyone, thanks for giving your input on the situation. It's true I do have full coverage and even aftermarket part coverage as well, but it's just I worked so hard for this and I hate to see something bad happen to it. I may worry a little more than the next person but I can tell you that I rather be cautious and safe and always check on it than never. I always park under a street light if I'm out at night and I always 50% park (park next to a curb so only one person can park next to you) so hopefully I can keep the thieves and keyers away. I just moved back to Texas last night from Colorado so there is a huge difference in how safe the car is. Anyways, thanks again for the input guys.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:05 AM
aznmojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

get a beater, simple.
Old 03-10-2006, 07:37 AM
Combat350z
Banned

Texas Rules
Old 03-10-2006, 07:46 AM
jaminkid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Or a girl with a rich mom
Old 03-15-2006, 12:28 AM
thecolorblue

I know you love your car but you should have Full coverage ins. to cover it.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:02 AM
NzZ

The answer to your problems (click view video)...sorry if you've already seen this.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=2137
NzZ
Old 03-15-2006, 09:47 AM
hbenet

I thought that if "something happens", you'll need the receipts of everything you added/modded.

Originally Posted by nsxster
That's not fraud -it's taking advantage of the pricing of the insurance by the insurer.

I have an agreed-upon value policy for my NSX, that is about 5% above its market value. Every year the insurance company gives me the option to increase the value by 10% without any appraisal, so long as I agree to pay the increased premium.

Most of the time the insurance companies come out ahead.
Old 03-15-2006, 01:11 PM
dosu350

Get that car alarm that has blow torches under each door.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:32 PM
ken350z

I know what he's feeling. I've a bunch of nice cars over the years. The only cure was when I had a kid. THAT puts it in perspective. I don't worry about the car any more.
Old 03-15-2006, 03:23 PM
NightRida

Default ?

What's the point of this thread again?
I thought he was just ranting?
Peace!
Old 03-15-2006, 04:46 PM
indierock

Originally Posted by jdm_Z33
I dunno about you guys but I hate babysitting my Z... I can't go anywhere and leave it outside for more than 30 minutes. And if I do I have to check up on it every so often to make sure she's alright. I can't go to the club with it because I'm scared someone with tow it away to a chop shop. Can't ever leave it outside over night (if I'm spending the night at my girls house), even if I go to someplace such as Wallmart I'm worried. Now it may just be me since my last car was stolen beneath my eyes and I might be paranoid, but there's just so much thieving going on these days and stupid idiots keying/hit and running/ dinging up our cars... I love my car and all but man it's a big responsibility. Almost as if I have my own kid lol. Anyways, I'm just ranting.
I read about this in my media class in college. It's called mean world syndrome and it's when someone who watches the news or reads the paper really believes that the world is a very dangerous place. Chill out dude. its just a z. now i could understand if its a ferrari or a lambo BUT its just a z dude. inhale....exhale...
Old 03-15-2006, 04:48 PM
indierock

dude my friend just read that and he said you should come steal his acura nsx 2005. he's been trying to sell it for the past 2 months and no luck yet. lol
Old 03-15-2006, 06:21 PM
bamyi

JDM_Z33: Are you still in Highlands Ranch or did you already leave the state?
Old 03-16-2006, 03:12 AM
tecni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

To some people cars are just what they use to get from point A to point B. To others, like myself, its a hobby... an obsession... a love affair...
I understand where this guy is coming from because to me (and I don't mean to get all philosophical, but...) my car is my canvas and I'm the artist and the work is never compleated.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:11 AM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sean1967
get lojack perhaps? or a pager alarm?
or perhaps a life even, i agree with nexx, its just a Z, not a ferrari...or a bugatti, i'm sure you'll be fine; we get lost in our Z love sometimes haha
Old 03-16-2006, 09:14 AM
r26

i feel this guy. you guys are saying "it's just a z." just like saying to the porsche owner, it's just a porsche, not a ferrrari. or it's just a ferrrari, not a bugatti (wrong spelling); and so on. well, to this guy, the z is precious to him. he probably works very hard for it and loves how it looks and feels. to him, the z is almost like a girl that's good to him. would you guys be alright if other guys are assaulting your girlfriend? or would you say it's just a girl? i'm am not as obssessed with my car, but i do get very angry when i get a door ding or a dent on the bumper. so many idiots out there, but there is not much you can do.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:48 AM
nsxster

Originally Posted by hbenet
I thought that if "something happens", you'll need the receipts of everything you added/modded.
Not with an agreed value policy. If anything happens, and the car gets totalled, the payout is automatically the amount agreed upon.

Quick Reply: with a great car comes great danger.