Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

legal/illegal mods?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 05:34 PM
rolling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=

What does "wrong" mean. There are so many things that are "wrong" that are still legal. There are so many things that are illegal that aren't wrong.
Someone can be driving 64mph in on a snow covered highway with unsuitable tires and a rear wheel drive car and it is still legal. You can't touch him. Yet if I drive 90mph on a completely open road with dry sunny conditions in car well equipped to do so, you can nail my ***. Who is really being more dangerous here? Who is really "wrong".[/QUOTE]

in oregon the "catch all" law is called "violation of basic rule" not driving in a safe manner for the conditions" like the snow example you made...

however in the 90 mph example it could ALMOST be argued that IS ok based on
the conditions in the same way.. unlike most states out speed signs dont have the word "limit" like all others ive seen.. simply "speed 55" lawyers have argued this sucessfully b4 (at lower speeds ofcourse)

anyway a good officer can tell by a subject demeanor if they are up to no good or whatever and use his cars violations to go for more as the other officer stated..

but then again im not a a 3 year law school grad LOL
Old 03-17-2006, 05:54 PM
kourosH

this is way off track..lol and ya i started this thread so ya
Old 03-17-2006, 06:16 PM
rolling

lol yea its ALL your fault!!

foreward all your tickets to him!!
Old 03-18-2006, 12:40 PM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just decided in my early twenties that I wanted to make a difference in society. I've dedicated myself to my profession.

So let's knock the generalizations please.

I hope you do make a difference.........where it really counts, and don't label me as a street racing punk whose out to kill someone just because I have a highly modded Z, speaking of generalizations.

Last edited by Speedracer; 03-18-2006 at 03:22 PM.
Old 03-18-2006, 03:58 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Speedracer
I just decided in my early twenties that I wanted to make a difference in society. I've dedicated myself to my profession.

So let's knock the generalizations please.

I hope you do make a difference.........where it really counts, and don't label me as a street racing punk whose out to kill someone just because I have a highly modded Z, speaking of generalizations.
Show me where I labled you as a street racing punk?
Old 03-19-2006, 03:36 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Show me where I labled you as a street racing punk?
I didn't really mean "me", in the sense of me. You mentioned earlier about "putting a dent in their wallets" when you referred to the street racing crowd. Just as you don't want me to generalize about police officers because of a few bad seeds, police officers shouldn't simply assume that someone with a modified car is a street racer and that ticketing them for their aftermarket exhaust, lowered suspension, or hi flow catalytic converters(which may not have a CARB#, but are still well within legal emission limits) is going to serve any benefit. Now....if you actually catch someone street racing, that is another story.

I guess what really upsets me in general is that there needs to be so many overrestrictive laws and regulations to protect the 99% of reasonable decent people from the 1% of total idiots and scumbags of the world. I do drive fast, road, weather and traffic conditions permitting, but I also drive slower than most when conditions don't permit it, yet the law just doesn't account for this use of judgement.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:43 AM
Ken Corsun

Originally Posted by Ztalker
most motorcycle exhaust system are way too loud and annoying as hell but they are not illegal.
MOST are not too loud; many are; proving legality is the issue.

Ken
Old 03-19-2006, 04:46 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Speedracer
I didn't really mean "me", in the sense of me. You mentioned earlier about "putting a dent in their wallets" when you referred to the street racing crowd. Just as you don't want me to generalize about police officers because of a few bad seeds, police officers shouldn't simply assume that someone with a modified car is a street racer and that ticketing them for their aftermarket exhaust, lowered suspension, or hi flow catalytic converters(which may not have a CARB#, but are still well within legal emission limits) is going to serve any benefit. Now....if you actually catch someone street racing, that is another story.
If you read what I originally typed, you would understand I was referring to breaking up streetracing events. These can involve up to hundreds of participants/spectators.n I just don't feel the need to be merciful with those involved in those illegal activities. If it means I'm gonna write some chickensh*t tickets, then so be it.

How you find any type of labeling in what I wrote is beyond me.