Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Sport z mag spring edition

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 12:52 PM
350zlove

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sport z mag spring edition

Has anybody received their copy yet??????
Old 03-13-2006, 12:55 PM
03performz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No...
Old 03-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Got mine today!!!

You know where to find me....
Old 03-13-2006, 05:43 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Default Mailed

The Spring 2006 issue went out in the mail on March 3rd. USPS at its best (AGAIN).

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 03-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Hella

I got nothing yet.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:01 AM
bigo109

mailbox still empty.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:17 AM
03performz

Originally Posted by publisher
The Spring 2006 issue went out in the mail on March 3rd. USPS at its best (AGAIN).

Bob
Sport Z pub
Not to complain, but how come you guys mail the issue out in a manilla folder and not a plastic cover? It seems to me that the plastic would protect the issue better from the elements.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:02 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by 03performz
Not to complain, but how come you guys mail the issue out in a manilla folder and not a plastic cover? It seems to me that the plastic would protect the issue better from the elements.
Simple $$$$$$$$$$. BTW, only first-class subscribers and replacement issues go out in manilla envelopes. Canada and International subscribers also go out in manilla envelopes (that's why their sub's cost more).

Polybag break cost breakdown:

1st: Purchase polybag from a vendor who has met USPS specifications for automatic handling. BTW, it doesn't work and my postal costs go up dramatically.

2nd. Inserting mags into polybags increases cost at the bindery stage of printing.

Lastly, each issue would cost an additional $1.45. Multiply that by 4 = $5.80.
Add $5.80 to a one year subscription totals out at $24.75. There are a goodly number of Z lovers who believe $18.95 is too costly.

You need to understand; there are only three of us putting this magazine together and none of us are rich. Our principles inclue Art singer, Dave Bexfield and your's truly --- That's it.

Our wonderful writers, our MVP circulation manager and our fairly new advertising manager round out our staff. Believe me, these people give all they have and not one of them are getting rich.

We kill ourselves putting out Sport Z Magazine, but we have absolutely zero influence with the USPS. We get beat up every issue regarding the horrible mail service(?) and last year a person on this forum actually called me a idiot incapable of running a business.

We replace USPS lost issues and we replace USPS damaged issues. How many magazines do the same? BTW, we offer First Class delivery if you're willing to pay the price. Fed Ex Ground would only add $32 to the yearly subscription cost if we were to offer it

In closing, we probably replace 10 magazines per printing and that is a lot cheaper than adding $5.80 to a yearly subscription. Can you imagine how many readers would jump ship come renewal time? I can!

I really appreciate your question 03Performz and I'm happy to bring Z & G owers up to speed regarding the inner workings of our magazine. I think we do a good job.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 03-14-2006, 03:59 PM
03performz

Simple $$$$$$$$$$. BTW, only first-class subscribers and replacement issues go out in manilla envelopes. Canada and International subscribers also go out in manilla envelopes (that's why their sub's cost more).

Polybag break cost breakdown:

1st: Purchase polybag from a vendor who has met USPS specifications for automatic handling. BTW, it doesn't work and my postal costs go up dramatically.

2nd. Inserting mags into polybags increases cost at the bindery stage of printing.

Lastly, each issue would cost an additional $1.45. Multiply that by 4 = $5.80.
Add $5.80 to a one year subscription totals out at $24.75. There are a goodly number of Z lovers who believe $18.95 is too costly.

You need to understand; there are only three of us putting this magazine together and none of us are rich. Our principles inclue Art singer, Dave Bexfield and your's truly --- That's it.

Our wonderful writers, our MVP circulation manager and our fairly new advertising manager round out our staff. Believe me, these people give all they have and not one of them are getting rich.

We kill ourselves putting out Sport Z Magazine, but we have absolutely zero influence with the USPS. We get beat up every issue regarding the horrible mail service(?) and last year a person on this forum actually called me a idiot incapable of running a business.

We replace USPS lost issues and we replace USPS damaged issues. How many magazines do the same? BTW, we offer First Class delivery if you're willing to pay the price. Fed Ex Ground would only add $32 to the yearly subscription cost if we were to offer it

In closing, we probably replace 10 magazines per printing and that is a lot cheaper than adding $5.80 to a yearly subscription. Can you imagine how many readers would jump ship come renewal time? I can!

I really appreciate your question 03Performz and I'm happy to bring Z & G owers up to speed regarding the inner workings of our magazine. I think we do a good job.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Thanks for your reply. I was just saying because my last(and first) issue got destroyed by melting snow. Don't worry I'm not asking for another. Your people and service are top notch(as others can tell from your insightful post). I will be a subscriber as long as you guys keep putting out this great mag. Thanks, lookin' forward to the next issue...I love the tech related articles related to the Z33. Good luck w/ the mag.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:52 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE=03performz]Thanks for your reply. I was just saying because my last(and first) issue got destroyed by melting snow. Don't worry I'm not asking for another.

03performz, you should ask and I hope you do. Email me with the address and stuff and we'll get it to you right away.

Your people and service are top notch(as others can tell from your insightful post). I will be a subscriber as long as you guys keep putting out this great mag. Thanks, lookin' forward to the next issue...I love the tech related articles related to the Z33. Good luck w/ the mag.

Thank you and thank you.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 03-14-2006, 04:58 PM
Dialn24

Where can I subscribe to this mag if I choose to?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:22 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by Dialn24
Where can I subscribe to this mag if I choose to?
www.sportzmagazine.com. Look around there's lots to see.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 03-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Dialn24

www.sportzmagazine.com. Look around there's lots to see.

Bob
Sport Z pub
Thanks!
Old 03-17-2006, 07:22 AM
PartsPeddler
Sponsor
Courtesy Nissan

Just wanted to jump in and thank the hard-working folks at Sport Z Magazine for their dedication to providing the "Z" (and recently "G") community with a fine magazine both in content and appearance! I am amazed with each issue. Keep it up guys!

Steve@CourtesyParts
Old 03-17-2006, 01:21 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by PartsPeddler
Just wanted to jump in and thank the hard-working folks at Sport Z Magazine for their dedication to providing the "Z" (and recently "G") community with a fine magazine both in content and appearance! I am amazed with each issue. Keep it up guys!

Steve@CourtesyParts

Bob
Sport Z pub
Old 03-21-2006, 05:49 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody not receive their copy yet?
Old 03-21-2006, 06:03 AM
zdotcom

If I subscribe today, which will be my first issue?
Old 03-21-2006, 06:22 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nothing yet
Old 03-21-2006, 08:32 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess I should've posted sooner, just got it in the mail.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:04 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nothing for me yet either...

Quick Reply: Sport z mag spring edition