Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Someone put mayonaise on my car :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006 | 07:48 PM
juliosuburban

Maybe someone was admiring it as they were walking by it and tripped and accidently threw their sandwhich at your Z
Old 03-17-2006 | 06:26 AM
zdotcom

Hey! Your Maynoaise got all over my Z. Wait a minute...Your Z got all over my Mayonaise!

Two great tastes that go great together...
Old 03-17-2006 | 10:36 AM
Ep3

d@mn bro i feel your pain .. on the same day i was keyed all over and the tires slashed on my G35C rims brand new kdw's ...

this was coconut shampoo? i duno Y notice also the strawberry airfreshner that is on the upper left if the windshield that was like a porsche emblem on the front bumper when i saw it ..

Last edited by Ep3; 03-17-2006 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-17-2006 | 12:43 PM
ScoopthePoop

Don't sweat Mayonaise, clear coat is very strong. For example, to remove the 3M tape that nissan uses to hold the stock wing on alot of body shops use paint thinner. So I wouldn't fret.

About the worst mayo would do is to strip the wax you have on the car. So do what loquitoy2k says, clean it (I would claybar it too), wax it, go on with your life.

However...

the bat idea sounds nice if the little ****** come back.
Old 03-17-2006 | 12:48 PM
MIB

Originally Posted by Ep3
d@mn bro i feel your pain .. on the same day i was keyed all over and the tires slashed on my G35C rims brand new kdw's ...

Hey EP3,

I notice your car has WHITE Reflectors up front instead of Orange. Looks way better.

I've asked 3 times now but no one responds. Must be my Aussie accent or something.

But do they cover up brake Ducts?

Did you car come stock with the white ones or did you have them changed?

Anyway, I will have my car in two days and I will have them removed to open up the ducts.

Regards MJ
Old 03-17-2006 | 04:37 PM
Ep3

Originally Posted by MIB
Hey EP3,

I notice your car has WHITE Reflectors up front instead of Orange. Looks way better.

I've asked 3 times now but no one responds. Must be my Aussie accent or something.

But do they cover up brake Ducts?

Did you car come stock with the white ones or did you have them changed?

Anyway, I will have my car in two days and I will have them removed to open up the ducts.

Regards MJ
what do you mean brake ducts? my car came with the amber reflectors but the clear ones are a nissan made part .. if you have a 03-05 you can get them i duno about 06 yet.. they fit the same as the amber they are the same in everyway but color.. i just had mr zipps black out my headlights and clear the strip there 2 looks good

Last edited by Ep3; 03-18-2006 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-17-2006 | 09:36 PM
topdown-z

Talking

Are you sure it was MAYO??? Did you check to see if there was a condom laying around on the ground??

Might have just been a problem with too much back-pressure............before it blew off.
Old 03-18-2006 | 02:06 AM
MIB

Originally Posted by Ep3
what do you mean brake ducts? my car came with the amber reflectors but the clear ones are a neassan made part .. if you have a 03-05 you can get them i duno about 06 yet.. they fit the same as the amber they are the same in everyway but color.. i just had mr zipps black out my headlights and clear the strip there 2 looks good
If you remove the reflectors, you can channel cool air onto the brakes, for greater cooling.

That is what those slits were designed for. But because market research says that the owners of some cars in some countrys will not drive the car hard enough to heat the BIG Brakes up, they close off the Ducts.

Euro Cars come open, I have seen pics of them. Therefor you should be able to buy the openings behind the gards that will direct the air, or just get a template of what it looks like and Dremmell out to make the opening so the air can get to the brakes. Capiche?

MJ
Old 03-18-2006 | 02:21 AM
teh215

Originally Posted by MIB
If you remove the reflectors, you can channel cool air onto the brakes, for greater cooling.

That is what those slits were designed for. But because market research says that the owners of some cars in some countrys will not drive the car hard enough to heat the BIG Brakes up, they close off the Ducts.

Euro Cars come open, I have seen pics of them. Therefor you should be able to buy the openings behind the gards that will direct the air, or just get a template of what it looks like and Dremmell out to make the opening so the air can get to the brakes. Capiche?

MJ
Old 03-18-2006 | 08:43 AM
Ep3

ohh ok i get it now and i have no idea but god damn i should be ban for how i spelled nissan i must have still been a lil tipsy
Old 03-18-2006 | 04:22 PM
TLHASTZ

That blows. I can relate, had someone spill a milkshake on the hood of my car. It sat there all night and half a day before i noticed. From the looks of the splatter, seems like they just stood there and tipped the cup over. spilled all down the hood, front bumper, and alittle splash on the windshield. Had the body powerwashed, waxed and buffed out. Never looked better. Hopefully mayo comes out easily. wax that b!tch right after though