Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

The BMW crowd once complained about the overboost in steering on the the E46...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 02:21 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb The BMW crowd once complained about the overboost in steering on the the E46...

and got BMWNA to do a retro-fit that would eliminate some of the boost after enough people complained. Has anyone started a formal discussion with NNA to resolve the shitty suspension tuning/porpoising issue in the form of new shocks that actually match the spring rates? The way this thing bounces five seconds after clearing a bump still chaps my ***.

I would even foot some of the bill if NNA would just do the right thing and make the Z a tight sports car like it should have been in the first place.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:47 PM
Brad4rdHay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it the fact that the shocks are very taught, and the sprngs loose?

if Nissan feels there is anough of a complaint, the will adress it for the 2004 model, and we would just have to buy the new OEM shocks/springs.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:04 PM
droideka

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Brad4rdHay
Is it the fact that the shocks are very taught, and the sprngs loose?
It's the opposite. When SKiDaZZLe put his TEINs on, he said he could compress the rear, stock shock by hand, but that the new TEIN shock wouldn't budge.

We have accordians for shocks!
Old 01-28-2003, 03:15 PM
Brad4rdHay

downshift said the opposite. He said the stock shocks were quite taught.
Old 01-28-2003, 04:45 PM
ChadO

Talk of this whole "porpoising" issue are really freaking me out.

I test drove a track 6MT and a touring 6MT before placing an order on my performance 6MT. I did notice a bit of a bounce, but mostly at low speeds.

I think I'm going to do a more thorough test drive. Is it really that bad? I don't mind going aftermarket for some things, but I'm already going to have to go aftermarket for a lot of other things. This car can quickly get more expensive than than other comparable cars out there with a bunch of aftermarket compensation.
Old 01-28-2003, 07:32 PM
dvlad

Default Re: The BMW crowd once complained about the overboost in steering on the the E46...

Originally posted by droidekaus
and got BMWNA to do a retro-fit that would eliminate some of the boost after enough people complained. Has anyone started a formal discussion with NNA to resolve the shitty suspension tuning/porpoising issue in the form of new shocks that actually match the spring rates? The way this thing bounces five seconds after clearing a bump still chaps my ***.

I would even foot some of the bill if NNA would just do the right thing and make the Z a tight sports car like it should have been in the first place.
I heard about this too. I believe BMW implemented the changes on the next model year though. No retro fits were performed on the current models.

That would be great if nissan could fix this. But after dealing with them on the tires and amp......i dont want to hassle with a fix.

dan
Old 01-29-2003, 06:33 AM
kohlersc

Mine bounces a bit at low speeds on the Concrete roads due to the way the sections fit together, but I personally don't notice much bounce in many places and definately not at higher speeds.
Old 01-29-2003, 01:02 PM
steve c

Changes were made AND a retrofit was made available.

BMWNA reads bimmer.org and perhaps some others. I have been tracked down by their folks after posting problems / questions before and presented with solutions and answers.