Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Just Got the MREV+ Installed ..WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 01:32 PM
njabe567

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Got the MREV+ Installed ..WOW!

I defiantly should have gotten this thing a long time ago. The pull is amazing, I finally have TORQUE! .. I didn't dyno but I defiantly feel the difference. Works as advertised and HIGHLY recommend it! The pull at 3kand up is very powerful. I was finally able to chirp 3rd gear which I think is possible under the right circumstances stock but an inexperienced stick driver like me needed that extra power I guess. I love it.

MD support was great, my buddy installing it snapped a bolt(which is no picnic) while trying to torque to 90 FOOT pounds while h didn’t realize it was supposed to be 90 inch pounds, other then for that minor detail install went smoothly

One question: Should i do an ECU reset, first gear kind of has a funny feeling at around 3000 rpms. I was thinking tonight I’ll unplug the (-) terminal and just pump the brakes and that should solve it. However if that’s just something that comes with installing the MREV I’ll live with it.
Old 03-26-2006, 05:24 PM
yeperra

Did you have any problems getting the strut tower brace not rubbing or keeping the hood from closeing all the way? and did you tighten the strut brace to the right spec. of 1.7 turns from the nominal or lose position? I installed mine yesterday and had to use only 2 washers instead of the 6mm spacers that were supplied. I think its about 4mm. This was use so I could get the hood to close without being above the fender line. I used the 1.7 turns to compress the bar per the Nissan manual. I might take it to 1.5 turns though because it's still keeping the hood from closing properly. I only have maybe 3mm between the plenum and the bottom of the bar. The manual claims that it's suppost to be like 10mm or 1 cm clearence but I don't see that happening. Anyway its a great mod! Thanks Tony!
Old 03-26-2006, 05:28 PM
FastZ33

Originally Posted by njabe567

I defiantly should have gotten this thing a long time ago. The pull is amazing, I finally have TORQUE! .. I didn't dyno but I defiantly feel the difference. Works as advertised and HIGHLY recommend it! The pull at 3kand up is very powerful. I was finally able to chirp 3rd gear which I think is possible under the right circumstances stock but an inexperienced stick driver like me needed that extra power I guess. I love it.

MD support was great, my buddy installing it snapped a bolt(which is no picnic) while trying to torque to 90 FOOT pounds while h didn’t realize it was supposed to be 90 inch pounds, other then for that minor detail install went smoothly

One question: Should i do an ECU reset, first gear kind of has a funny feeling at around 3000 rpms. I was thinking tonight I’ll unplug the (-) terminal and just pump the brakes and that should solve it. However if that’s just something that comes with installing the MREV I’ll live with it.

im planning on gettin the MREV installed. but i wanna do it myself. what should i look out for? what tools do i need? can u PM me pls
Old 03-26-2006, 05:33 PM
zman1910

Is this on an 06?
Old 03-26-2006, 05:36 PM
yeperra

It's pretty easy. You will need a toqure wrench and know how to use it. Basic metric sockets. I didn't use any metric wrenches. You can use a 15/16 wrench on the strut tower brace hex. Just go slow and read the little manual that MotorDyne sends out with the product and you shouldn't have any trouble. Good luck!
Old 03-26-2006, 08:18 PM
njabe567

mine is a 05 35th anniv
I didn't install it myself but was watching..n used the spacers provied..no clearance issues
anyone feel a small rattle or something at the lower rpms /lower gears ? it feels torquey n think that's all it is ...I don't think its my ecu cause my idle is perfect
Old 03-26-2006, 09:08 PM
joekool

What is an MREV+ and got any pics?
Old 03-26-2006, 09:23 PM
Gryphin

MREV + is Motordynes Plenum Spacer for the Rev-up Motors.. (05 annv. and 06 z's)
Old 03-26-2006, 11:09 PM
joekool

oh ok... is there such a thing for the 03 z??
Old 03-27-2006, 05:07 AM
ML2000

No just a 5/16th spacer, which is alot cheaper.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:26 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe MREV was designed for the 06's and 05's with the revvup motor and incorporates the standard 5/16" spacer + a lower plenum mod. it is my understanding that the lower plenum mod was required to keep gains high on the revvup motor. the spacer alone on the revvup produces little to no gain if i remember Tony correctly.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:28 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

mine is a 05 35th anniv
I didn't install it myself but was watching..n used the spacers provied..no clearance issues
anyone feel a small rattle or something at the lower rpms /lower gears ? it feels torquey n think that's all it is ...I don't think its my ecu cause my idle is perfect
if you hear a rattle at low rpm double-check your strut bar clearance. make sure you don't see any marks on your upper plenum from the strut bar rubbing
it. i had the same problem. visually the strut cleared but at low rpms and launch i could hear a weird noise from the engine compartment. just did a half turn or so on the strut bar nut and all was good.
Old 03-27-2006, 09:59 AM
tmounk

On the web site, the kit is only availible for the 06 mt and track and aniv edition. What changes are between the stock set up in the engine and the 06 and track and aniv edition?
Old 03-27-2006, 12:27 PM
njabe567

Originally Posted by ROGUELITE
if you hear a rattle at low rpm double-check your strut bar clearance. make sure you don't see any marks on your upper plenum from the strut bar rubbing
it. i had the same problem. visually the strut cleared but at low rpms and launch i could hear a weird noise from the engine compartment. just did a half turn or so on the strut bar nut and all was good.
thanks i'll check it out but dont know because when i first start driving the car after start up i will never get that feeling ..I also wont feel the gains of the MREV but i feel like after driving for 10 Minutes ill feel it and also get the torque feeling that MREV gives. i'm pretty sure this is just me not being used to the torque. its not a big deal but i havnt reset my ecu and the battery was connected before/during/ and after install. I'm just worried i'll reset the ecu and I will loose the feeling and not got the more raw torque feeling i'm getting. i know its stupid to think that way but if Reseting the ECU actually keeps the "feeling" of torque on i would be VERY happy. Sorry if this is confusing, i'm busy at work and am typing preety fast lol
Old 03-27-2006, 12:37 PM
k3silk

man is this thing really woth it. I was going to pass on it and just wait untill i got my hks supercharger to do any performace mods but i may have to get one asap. I know a guy that got one and said it was a must to have.
Old 03-27-2006, 01:42 PM
jeeper78

Originally Posted by tmounk
On the web site, the kit is only availible for the 06 mt and track and aniv edition. What changes are between the stock set up in the engine and the 06 and track and aniv edition?
The 300HP (revup) engine is only in the 6MT '06 and 35th aniv. edition. The others have the original 287HP engine.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:02 PM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

thanks i'll check it out but dont know because when i first start driving the car after start up i will never get that feeling ..I also wont feel the gains of the MREV but i feel like after driving for 10 Minutes ill feel it and also get the torque feeling that MREV gives. i'm pretty sure this is just me not being used to the torque. its not a big deal but i havnt reset my ecu and the battery was connected before/during/ and after install. I'm just worried i'll reset the ecu and I will loose the feeling and not got the more raw torque feeling i'm getting. i know its stupid to think that way but if Reseting the ECU actually keeps the "feeling" of torque on i would be VERY happy. Sorry if this is confusing, i'm busy at work and am typing preety fast lol
yeah i wouldn't worry too much. i actually purchased the 5/16" spacer with iso thermal. at first i only installed the spacer and not all the isothermal goodies. loved the performance. but just last night i finished up the install on the isothermal gasket for the lower plenum and decided to just do an ecu reset. also because the first time around i didn't have a torque wrench and figured i didn't properly tighten all the plenum bolts. reconnected the battery this morning and it feels like it pulling better than ever.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:28 PM
njabe567

Originally Posted by ROGUELITE
yeah i wouldn't worry too much. i actually purchased the 5/16" spacer with iso thermal. at first i only installed the spacer and not all the isothermal goodies. loved the performance. but just last night i finished up the install on the isothermal gasket for the lower plenum and decided to just do an ecu reset. also because the first time around i didn't have a torque wrench and figured i didn't properly tighten all the plenum bolts. reconnected the battery this morning and it feels like it pulling better than ever.

what did you do to do the ECU reset?
Old 03-27-2006, 02:58 PM
HDPDZO6

what did you do to do the ECU reset?
Just unhook the neg battery terminal for 12 hours.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:43 PM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Just unhook the neg battery terminal for 12 hours.
yep.

Quick Reply: Just Got the MREV+ Installed ..WOW!