Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:26 PM
chriskabobbers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol i live in a court basically, and i live at the top where it loops around, and i've been parking on the side of the street under the tree's for shade since there is house work being done at my house. so like two days ago I was working under the tree, installing my new strut bar and doing some engine work, and my neighbor from 2 houses down comes out of his house, and says:

him: "hey ... i just woke up and thought i'd come out and say nice car ..."

me: "oh thanks man"

him: "ok i'm going back to sleep"

lol funny.

and just today i was out to lunch with some of my friends, and we were standing around talking about one parking space over from where my car was, and i see a old man with his wife and daughters walk past my car to get to the restaurant, and the old man was like "ceotran.." (my license plate name), and i heard him say something like "must be a c.e.o" and took out a camera to snap a pic of my license plate ... i hope it was just admiration and not to send to the cops .... lol but nonetheless i thought it was flattering.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:00 AM
r_seng

haha ^ nice. by far that waking up comment has to be the best one i have ever read.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:14 AM
chriskabobbers

Originally Posted by r_seng
haha ^ nice. by far that waking up comment has to be the best one i have ever read.
lol yeah i was just like "damn was i working loud or something? clanking the tools too loud!?"
Old 08-29-2007, 05:09 PM
x350zRoadsterx

i drive a daytona blue ZR daily and i live in sunny cali, so im basically top down day and night coz the weather is great.....Last time i got a compliment was when i left my GF's house a week ago and was on the road..There were 3 cute white chicks in a honda civic and we all stopped at the light....The passenger girl says" i like your car and the music you are bumpin" ...i say "thanks" and turn up the music louder..lol..then the girl in the driver seat asks" do you have a GF because think your cute and i wouldnt mind a ride in that car"..i was flattered but i answered "no" lol..my gf will kill me if she reads this....they smiled and waived once the light turned green....i went on my way with a smile..lol..no harm no foul...lol
Old 08-29-2007, 06:09 PM
TerraNova3

Does a women flicking you off for no reason count as a sort of compliment?

If not it would be this one girl lowering her window getting half way out, and giving me a two thumbs up.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:17 AM
sharaabi

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
There's a new guy from Thailand working with us in the lab. He speaks almost no english. He goes up to me and says

"You drive Pawshe??"

It seems to be a common misconception... I know there was a thread about how people tend to think its a porsche at first glance.

LAUGHING MY *** OFF !
Old 08-30-2007, 12:31 PM
fairlady rasir

well i was at a red light and this homeless guy with a hungry sign comes to my window and gives me a thumbs up. my gf was like "wtf" usually they ask for some change or something but instead i get a thumbs up and began walking towards the other cars behind me. I never get that in my rsx lol
Old 08-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iceagetlc
I'm not trying to be an instigator, but why does it matter that he was african-american?
He's wacist!

Last edited by Nismospeed4life; 08-30-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:03 PM
ColoradoClark

I just got my new Nismo last night. I took the car for a 200 mile spin this afternoon, up into the mountains (Colorado). I was passing through a small town when I stopped at a light. This 60+ year old guy pulls up next to me in a Z06 -- and gives me a thumbs up!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:44 PM
diwun67

Had a little kid hanging out the back pass. window of his mom's camry at a red light mouthing the words "nice car!" and giving me a thumbs up today
Old 09-02-2007, 05:46 AM
dragontj

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
A year ago when I was still in college, I illegally parked my car in the faculty area next to an older Carrera and a 996 turbo. Had to turn in a thesis paper.

Came out to get back into the car and one of the older faculty ladies walking by said,

"I like your porsche! It's the best one in this lot!"

"Haha thanks but it's a Nissan Z."

"That's not a porsche? Fine, best Nissan I've ever seen then..whatever letter it goes by."

I didn't know whether to be a little offended, but now thinking in retrospect, what a cool lady and refreshing compliment.
X3

first night with wheels on it back when it was black....atleast 5 people stopped me at redlights to compliment me
Old 09-02-2007, 06:08 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, the best compliment i get about my car is how everyone remarks at how clean i keep my car. When i get asked how old it is and i tell them i bought it November 2003 the response is "wow, that car still looks brand new". even if it is slightly dirty the car looks clean. dang i love zaino. plus it makes me feel good about a job well done because of the time i put into keeping it looking good. only hand wash and dry, i even wipe out the inner wheel wells
Old 09-03-2007, 05:14 AM
Carter86

"damn I thought you were ghetto!!! You had AE86 and now, you have 350z???"

...yeah
Old 09-03-2007, 10:35 AM
r_seng

just came down from a run at GMR with some friends, S14, DC5, and WRX. we pulled into the in-n-out on azusa (sp?) to graba bite before back home. as i walked up to get place my order there was an older couple (55-60) walking back to their car. as they were passing me,

wife: "what kind of car is that? the red one"

me: "its a nissan 350Z"

wife: "you have a very very beautiful car there"

husband: "that you do buddy."

me: "thank you"
Old 09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
350Z_TWINTURBO

first of all great thread, it took me forever to get to the end of this thing

this weekend i was driving down I-90 i was crusing in the middle lane going about 70 when i noticed a white crossfire coming up quik on my rightside so he crossed right in front of me and went over to the left side then kept going ahead, i couldnt resist so i dropped it into third and caught up to him in a no-time, cruised next to him for about ten seconds then hit the gas and lost him

20mins later i stopped at a gas station to get some snacks and stuff, and when i was coming out he was parked next to me, and was out walking around my car, he asked if he could look under the hood, i said sure and he said "man i shoulda payed the extra 10k and bought one of these"

it pretty much made my day
Old 09-03-2007, 12:37 PM
bleufiend

Best compliments, hmmm, one of them would have to be this little girl that took a picture of my car when i rolled up to an intersection, they were vacationing down here in orlando. And then the other would have to be how many people ask me what kind of rims I have on my car and they get surprised to hear that there stock rims but just painted. See below.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-03-2007, 01:10 PM
SmokerZ
I Like Everyone

first night a woman screaming at me in a parking lot "YOURE TOO YOUNG TO HAVE THAT KIND OF CAR!!!!"

recently at the route 32 car meet "i hate the single exhaust, but its original and no one has it here"

"sounds better than my car" -mach 1 mustang

"DAMN THAT THING IS CLEAN! do you do the work yourself??" yes. i. do.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:18 PM
04DBZ

i was sitting in an AT&T store where my cousin works in clear view of my Z and my cousins Z. As i'm sitting there something told me to look back at the cars and i see 2 guys and a girl checking out our cars. Then i see one of the guys stand between our cars as the girl takes a picture of him. The other guy was taking pictures with his phone. Thought that was pretty cool to see.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:39 PM
jonahlw

best compliment i ever got was when some porsche driver offered to give me a handshake

Last edited by jonahlw; 09-03-2007 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Code_Blue

I went to my mom's house and she thought it was a lamborghini

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?