Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was standing a few feet away from my car, when a husband the wife and their two kids were passing by my car. The wife asked her husband, "what kind of car that is?" The husband said, "It says Nissan." And then one of the kids shouted, "No dad, that's a Carrerra."
Old 02-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Shadrackc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silverstone, thanks.
Yes, it is mid winter here in Winnipeg, MB, Canada, and it is snowing. They salt the roads here. There are potholes. I will be lucky if the streets are cleaned of gravel by April. So I go to my garage and look at the car I got at the end of August, watching car payments go by, and I think to myself...."It's still worth it. In the summer I get to drive her to work, home, all around, and get compliments from seniors, from 5 year olds who stare in amazement with their mouths open, to teenage guys standing outside of the beer vendor who elbow each other to look." They are great looking cars from a lot of angles and compliments to Nissan for the ride and design. I'm lucky that there aren't many of them here, and driving a car in the winter here with all the salt and the bitter cold, means it is never the same again. I'll wait it out and even 10 years from now I'll still have such a beautiful car in such great condition.
Still miss driving her though....tick....tick....
Old 02-03-2008, 08:02 PM
m!ke

ive gotten alot of great compliments and ppl stopping me in parking lots, etc. complimenting me on my Z. A few girls have said they wanted to have teh secks with it. one good one was while taking a girl for a ride in it the other night "Sorry but i think i just got a little wet on your seat."
Old 02-03-2008, 10:10 PM
beast66

the lady in burger king today went crazy. she started screaming in the kitchen that is my favorite car look at it everyone. i was like woooo.. chill out..she knew like the insurance price on it and everything.. crazy!!l i was cracking up..
Old 02-03-2008, 10:30 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

I get a lot of "dude, you're car is awesome!", "I wish I could afford that car", etc, and honestly, for whatever reason, that kind of thing makes me a little uncomfortable, but I would say the same thing to the owner of an exotic like a Ferrari or a Lambo, so go figure.

The other day, I was on the way to work, and I slowly passed by a school bus full of elementary school kids, by the time was next to the bus, I looked up and say about 20 little faces looking down and checking out the bright red sports car ( freshly detailed ). That kind of thing really took me back to when I was younger (not that I'm old now), and it put a smile on my face knowing I would have been one of those kids with my face pressed to the bus window. Ironically, I still do that kind of thing today when I see a cool car (Ferrari, Porsche, Aston) pass by me. The more things change, the more they stay the same I guess.

Another time, I was taking a co-worker home from work. This girl was incredibly gorgeous, definitely wife-material, and had never been in my car. I as entered a empty traffic circle/roundabout I got some power oversteer that probably looked like something out of D1 to anyone who might have been watching. The girl then subsequently smiled at me and asked "James, did you practice that for me?".

But the biggest compliment I ever got was the first day I drove the car to high school ( I was in the last semester of my senior year when I got it) after I had bought it over the weekend. Like most high schools, everyone hangs out in the parking lot by their cars before class starts, and it seemed like the parking lot basically stood still for a moment as everyone checked out the car that I had dreamed of owning for so long and finally had. That was sweet feeling.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:26 AM
skn5002

I've gotten the porsche compliment a few times ... can't wait to take the Z out of storage in another month or so
Old 02-04-2008, 06:18 AM
shadykilla717

I always get wow that color is amazing. It looks sooo hott. I get.. The side closest to you looks blue and the other end furthest looks black..
(San Marino Blue for ya)

I also get everyone telling me they wish they got the car its so hot..
Old 02-04-2008, 06:32 AM
cp2
Banned

I had just bought my Z when I was visiting my parents down in Tampa, Florida and one of their neighbors saw me outside doing a walk around of the car before I take off and he said, "Hey man, you Z is niiiiiice. I am a big fan of the Z. I've had all the previous Zs and you just convinced me to buy the new the new Gen Z. Thanks." That's when I knew....I have arrived!

Also when I was in Manassas, VA scopin out my old neighborhood I was at a gas station pumping gas and an older guys says. "Hey that car look great, I bet it's might fast too...but a gas guzzler." I smiled and said, "Not as much as you would think a sports car would. I average about 23-25 MPG on the highway suprisingly." He was a bit wowed at that.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:22 AM
driftk1d

a very rude teacher that says almost nothing to anyone besides to lecture sees me outside my dorm one day getting into my car...he stands there for a while then compliments me on the car, asking what ive done to it ect. It turns out that he has an old 240Z he is restoring! Been buddies since, but still doing pretty bad in the class (calc 2 is hard)
Old 02-04-2008, 09:00 AM
BYL

2nd day after i bought the car, i'm outside a local grocery store and getting ready to get into the car, some guy driving a cady comes up to me and says "nice car, did you just get it?...I love color and you got the lower body package on it". i said, "thanks, but the car's pure stock". Then, this weekend at a birthday party, all i did was give rides to people. Get looks too. Glad I got it in white!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:26 AM
o6black350z

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
and then a few weeks ago, I went to a friend's wedding at this nice restaurant, and the valet parked my car right in front of the door where they usually park Ferraris and Lamborghini....man, I felt bad *** when I went out to retrieve my car at the end of the night and everyone was just staring at my shiny car, the only car parking on the display in front of the door....so I tipped the valet guy $20 and drove off
HAHAHAHA i went to NC to this crazy expensive restaurant with my girl, and same... i see these crazy Lamborghini and 2 ferraries and a nice Auson Martin... so i was like... sweet rides... they put them there so people would see how rich people dine in... well i come out to pick up my car and it was standing right there next to all of them expensive over 100Gran cars... =D ... i fit it right well! =D My girl kept on saying... "Wow" as when i got the keys the valet guy got out of the car and was like "dude its a sweetest car ever!!!" hahaha considering thatt there were Ausons and Ferrari's and Lamborghinies... i felt kind of good!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 12:54 PM
nothix

I always get "That's a 2003?!" (they think its newer)
Old 02-04-2008, 06:29 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I get several compliments a day. It seems like if I wash it, it attracts 10 times more attention. Whenever I park it and go inside a store or restaurant I get a crowd around the car when I come back out. It took me a while to get used to, since I was worried about my stereo, etc getting stolen. I keep the top down and just roll the windows up sometimes and people crowd around to see the custom interior. Most of the ppl are cool, so I take it as a compliment now.

The biggest single compliment was when my cousin got married. His parents got him a limo for the honeymoon. He said that he wished they could have taken my Z instead. I told him that was funny, but he and his new bride were dead serious. I told them they could have it for the weekend, but they took a plane out the next morning anyway.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:16 PM
folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

a lot of people always compliment me on my wheels and how clean i keep the car....

oh and i get the "nice car" pretty much every time i drive it
Old 02-08-2008, 12:14 PM
smxtmpr34

I had 2 different times where people thought it was a porshce...
Old 02-08-2008, 03:27 PM
03Platinum350z

Lol I pulled into the gas station today and some lady was like "Wow, loving the Z!" I thanked her and what not then she was all "I had a old rebuild 240..... then I got my 3rd DUI and they took it away!" I just started dieing!

j3ff
Old 02-08-2008, 04:16 PM
VQZ33_Jake

i like your car..it looks like the batmobile...(i hear that one all the time from the females.)
Old 02-08-2008, 05:25 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03Platinum350z
Lol I pulled into the gas station today and some lady was like "Wow, loving the Z!" I thanked her and what not then she was all "I had a old rebuild 240..... then I got my 3rd DUI and they took it away!" I just started dieing!

j3ff
there really aren't a lot of z's in your area, are there?
Old 02-08-2008, 11:29 PM
geneses7

What's the best compliment you have gotten?-n896290458_1713441_7349.jpg girl and her boyfriend were fighting over who id take for a ride first....lol....obvious choice...
Old 02-09-2008, 12:37 AM
GSX-R350Z

hah it's usually "awesome car" or "nice car man"

but this one time i was pumping gas...i saw this little fat kid running pretty fast haha...anyways i turned my attention back to the pump and looked back towards the kid and he was gone...

kind of scared me that a kid as big as him could run so fast...lol as i look to the front of my car...there he was...staring and smiled and said...

"Mr. You have a really nice car" and then ran off...

ahaha...cute kid...

although im only 21 o.O

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?